Royal Flush

Revenge is Bittersweet

 

 

 

“Welcome to Seoul!” Sehun said, as they got off the plane and stepped into the Seoul International Airport. Luhan looked around. “This doesn’t look all that different from Beijing’s airport.” He said.

 

Sehun smirked. “Well Seoul itself looks a lot different from Beijing.” Then Sehun stretched. “Its good to be back.” Luhan looked around cautiously. “Where is he? Baixian?”

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “It’s not going to be easy tracking him down, but we know he’s in Seoul. Also, we have a lead. He was last seen about 3 days ago, in downtown.” Luhan nodded. “Well, we have somewhere to start, I guess.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

With Sehun’s Korean connections, it wasn’t that difficult to track Baixian down. It was so easy, it was a bit suspicious. Sehun still didn’t want to go through with Luhan’s plans, but he felt as if he didn’t have a choice.

 

Sehun smoothed the plans down on the table, scribbling some lines down. “Baixian and his men are going to this factory in three days, and that’s when we’ll strike him down.” Sehun explained. Luhan nodded, and analyzed the map. “We should enter from underneath, because Baixian’s men would enter from the doors. Then we can use the underground tunnels to escape after we take him down.”

 

Sehun frowned. “But wouldn’t they know? That’s the most obvious route.”

 

Luhan nodded slowly, then traced a line from one side of the map to the other with his finger. “We could use an aerial route. Drop in from the sky.”

 

Sehun shook his head, and thought of something. Then he lay another map down on the table. “There is going to be a huge event for rich people in three days, at a large casino near the heart of Seoul. My connections tell me Baixian will attend, along with many of his men. We could slip in as servers, since no one will notice two more busboys. Plus if something happens, the confusion will give us some cover.”

 

Luhan examined the building’s layout. There were three floors, conjoined by elevators, stairs, and there were many, many rooms. The main hall was where the party was going to be held. He nodded in approval. “Alright, lets go with your plan.”

 

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

 

Luhan nodded. “I’ve been wanting to kill Baixian ever since my brother was taken away by his goons. I haven’t been more sure of something in my life.”

 

Sehun sighed. “Fine.” He doodled on the map, looking for the best route. It wasn’t easy, since the casino was indeed very large. There were also hidden stairwells, multiple elevators, and the sheer amount of people that would be there.

 

Luhan tilted his head in confusion. “Why do you sound so depressed?” He asked, moving towards Sehun. Sehun pretended not to hear him.

 

“Hey.” Luhan prodded him in the shoulder, forcing Sehun to turn. Sehun stared at him for a second before pulling him into a hug. “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun and leaned into his shoulder. “I won’t, I promise.” Sehun held him tighter. “Please, Luhan. Don’t do this. I have a feeling something bad is going to happen.”

 

Luhan wriggled out of Sehun’s grasp. “I’m prepared for the worst, Sehun. Don’t worry about me.”

 

Sehun still wasn’t convinced. “I’m not prepared if something happens to you. What if… what if you die?”

 

The question hung in the air like the humidity on a hot summer’s day. Luhan hadn’t thought of that, because he was under the impression that there was no way he would lose. After all, he had been training for the past year and preparing himself for the moment when the killer of his beloved brother would die by his own hands.

 

Still, Sehun’s words sort of slapped him across the face, and he wasn’t sure what to make of it. Luhan decided to play it safe and smile. “I won’t let that happen.” He tiptoed slightly and pecked Sehun on the lips. Sehun returned to kiss, but doubt still churned in his stomach.

 

“I won’t be convinced until we both make it out alive.” Sehun said.

 

Luhan nodded. “I promise I won’t do anything too extreme.”

 

Sehun sighed. He knew no matter how hard he tried, Luhan wouldn’t change his mind.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It was the day of the big event, and the pair arrived in front of the fancy casino. Luhan was wearing an outfit similar to those of the bus boys, while Sehun wore a fancy looking suit. Both boys had utility belts and guns hidden under their costumes, located so it would be hard to detect.

 

“You ready?” Sehun whispered to Luhan. Luhan was playing the part of Sehun’s servant. “Yup.” He nodded.

 

Luhan got out of the car and opened the door for Sehun, addressing him as sir. Sehun nodded his thanks and immediately began to play the part of the playful, rich bachelor. He walked towards the main entrance, and gave a playful smirk to two ladies in tight mini dresses who were standing near the door. They giggled as Sehun strode past.

 

Sehun recognized some of the people at the casino, most of which he had worked for. He smiled in a friendly manner, and luckily, they all assumed he was just some rich kid.

 

He sauntered towards the poker table, where Baixian was sitting. Baixian was a large man, his muscles protruding under his suit. He chewed a cigar which gave off foul emissions. Two girls in their mid twenties were draped around him, laughing at things that Baixian had said. Baixian gazed at Sehun as he plopped into the seat across from him.

 

“Hi.” Sehun said, raising and eyebrow and still wearing a smirk. Baixian furrowed his brows slightly. “Who’s kid are you?” He growled. Sehun waved at him dismissively. “Why don’t we play a game?” He nodded at the dealer. “All in.” Sehun moved his pile of chips so that they were in the center.

 

Baixian growled and pushed his chips towards the center of the table. “Kids these days have no manners.” He picked up his cards and looked at them, laughing. “You made a bad decision to challenge me.” He grinned. “Look here kid. I don’t want your parents to get mad at you, so why don’t you back out now? I’m giving you the chance.”

 

“Is that so…” Sehun mumbled, slowly organizing his cards. Baixian’s eyes narrowed. “Kid, are you mocking me?” he said it more like a statement than a question.

 

Sehun mocked surprised. “Me? No! Why would anyone disrespect the almighty Baixian?” Sehun’s voice dripped with sarcasm, and his expressions exaggerated. Sehun took a quick look behind Baixian, to see Luhan lurking around the corner. Then he looked at Baixian’s wine. There were little bubbles in it, like fizz in pop.

 

Good.

 

Sehun turned his attention back to Baixian. Baixian was fuming. He took a long swig of his drink, downing the whole glass. The corner of Sehun’s mouth twitched up in amusement and satisfaction.

 

“Kid, you are going to be sorry when you lose all your money.” Baixian slammed his cards onto the table, causing the chips to jump and clatter. He had put down a four of a kind, with an ace of spades for the kicker. He leaned back in his seat and grinned. “Told you so.”

 

Sehun frowned and looked at his cards. He slowly and deliberately slid them towards the pot. Then he flipped them over. It was a royal flush. Sehun tilted his head to the side. “Oh.” He said innocently. “Looks like I win.”

 

Baixian’s face went a shade of tomato and he stood up angrily. “You cheater,” he shouted. “You rigged the cards!”

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe I did. I don’t care.” He stood slowly and walked towards Baixian. He stopped right beside him and patted him once on the shoulder. “You can keep the money.” Sehun said quietly. “Nice playing with you.”

 

Sehun left Baixian at the poker table and walked towards Luhan. “Got the tracker on him. Drank the stuff too.” He whispered into Luhan’s ear. Luhan nodded. “I’ve activated the bombs. They will go off in about 10 seconds.”

 

Sehun took Luhan’s hand and gave it a squeeze. “Good luck, and I’ll be waiting.”

 

Luhan squeezed back. “Thanks.”

 

The first explosion sounded and the whole casino was thrown into a frenzy.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Hey my lovely subscribers!!! Sorry I haven't updated in forever OTL I had a lot of schoolwork and other stuff. So I present to you a longer chapter than I usually write :D But that's because I wanted this chapter to end there and my fingers just kept typing so yeah LOL

Anyway I'm so glad there are still people reading this!!! I'm happy because of you guys :D You guys really motivate me to write :) Thanks :)

I'll try to update a little faster since I'm finished Tears of December and because it's almost the holidays :D That means NO SCHOOL~~~~~

Anyway thank you everyone for reading until now and I hope to have the next installment up in about a week :)

See you next time :D