Hello

Revenge is Bittersweet

After Sehun shook off his attackers, he rushed to the rooftop, only to find Luhan lying on the ground in a pool of blood. His heart sank as he ran towards his friend. He already knew what was going to happen. He knew it from the moment this mission started, yet he let it happen.

Sehun gently lifted Luhan from the ground. “Luhan?” he asked. He could feel Luhan’s heart beating faintly in his chest, but it was already too late.

Luhan opened his eyes slightly and smiled. “I did it, Sehun,” he whispered. “I avenged my brother.”

Tears spilled from Sehun’s eyes. “You told me you wouldn’t die,” he said, his voice cracking. “You promised me.”

The smaller boy smiled sadly. “Yeah, I did, didn’t I?” He reached out and took Sehun’s hand. “I’m sorry, Sehun.” He gave Sehun’s hand a little squeeze.

Sehun squeezed back, his tears now dripping onto Luhan’s face, mixing with the blood. “Please don’t leave me,” he pleaded. “I need you, Luhan. I love you so much.” Even though he knew there were only minutes, or even seconds left, he hoped that begging would allow Luhan to stay. He caressed Luhan’s face, wanting desperately to hold on to him for one last time.

A breeze played through Luhan’s brown locks, as his mouth moved in a soundless whisper. He smiled as he felt the last of his life fade away. He was glad he was able to see Sehun one last time. He was glad that he met Sehun. Despite everything that had happened, he was happy.

Goodbye Sehun. I love you.

Sehun held Luhan’s limp body in his arms, as he clenched his teeth in silent sobs. Waterfalls of tears coursed down his cheeks, as the realization that the only person he’s ever loved was now dead. Even though he was covered in wounds and blood he was still beautiful. Never again would he hear Luhan’s laugh, see his smile, or feel his hand in his.

The blonde haired boy picked up his friend and walked towards the edge of the building, his vision blurry with tears. Grappling hook in one hand, he swung from building to building, flying through the air until he was far away from the battle scene. He could hear police sirens below them and helicopter blades in the distance as he swung from concrete block to concrete block. None of that mattered to him. He may as well be dead too.

Although Sehun was not one to seek revenge, he now understood how Luhan felt. His grief twisted into anger, his pain boiling fire in his veins. He felt and uncontrollable desire to kill, to destroy everything and everyone. The image of Baixian’s face was burned into his brain as the one who took everything away from him. At that moment, Sehun knew that the only way he would be satisfied would be vengeance.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun pursued his vicitim in a high speed chase through an abandoned factory, using his grappling hook to fly from beam to beam. He kept his prey in sight, staying slightly behind him. He had no intention of catching him so quickly, because they were both trapped. If one of them dies, both of them die.

Soon after Luhan died, Sehun found out that Baixian was still alive. He wasn’t surprised, since Baixian knew Luhan was after him that day. He must have had an escape plan ready. Sehun began his chase right away, using his connections in Korea and China to keep the Chinese man within sight. He left a trail of blood in his wake, sparing no one as he followed Baixian across Asia. He became well known to mafias, drug lords, even the government started to know of his existence. You became pretty famous if all you did was kill people, however the police ignored him since he never hurt any innocent civilians.

The predator and prey reached a dead end, a large empty room with a few old construction machines. It was dimly lit by fluorescent lights hanging from long metal beams that spanned the ceiling. Sehun smirked grimly. He could feel the presence of at least 20 men stationed around the room, their rifles armed and ready. Prepared as always.

“Hey Baixian,” Sehun said, dropping from the ceiling. He placed his hands in his pockets as he advanced towards Baixian. “Is that dart I hit you with finally kicking in?” He raised an eyebrow, his expression cold and unfeeling.

Baixian sneered at the blonde male. He was breathing heavily, the poison slowly starting to work its way into his body. “It’s going to take a lot more than some poison to kill me, boy.” As he said that he clutched his chest in pain and fell to his knees, cursing.

Sehun stepped forward, taking his time in pulling a gun from a holster attached to his belt. He inspected the gun as he walked towards Baixian, relishing in the latter’s agony. “How are you feeling right now?” he asked, as he cocked the barrel. When Baixian didn’t answer, Sehun kicked Baixian in the face, causing him to sprawl across the floor. Sehun stomped his foot onto the side of Baxian’s face. “Probably pretty bad, huh?”

“Ever had something important taken from you?” Sehun’s voice was steely and cold, as he kicked Baixian again. “Do you know what it feels like to lose someone you love?” Blood spurted from Baixian’s mouth as Sehun wedged his foot into his stomach. “Let me show you how it feels.” He pointed the gun Baixian’s head.

The older male laughed as he struggled to his knees. “If you kill me, you die too.” He raised his arms and gestured around him. “I have 50 men guarding this warehouse, 20 are surrounding you right now. As soon as you pull the trigger, they’ll shoot.” He grinned, blood lacing his teeth.

Sehun pressed the barrel against Baixian’s forehead. He remembered telling Luhan that there was no point to revenge. Killing someone for vengeance was still killing. He had killed countless people to get here, all in cold blood. Killing Baixian was just killing another person. His last moments with Luhan played over and over in his head. He could still feel Luhan’s limp body in his arms, his fingers laced with his, and the image of his dying smile burned into his eyes. Pain shot through his heart, echoing through his body as he remembered Luhan’s death.

“I’m already dead.”

Sehun pulled the trigger, blood exploding in front of him. He heard gunshots all around him, but he made no move to run. The first bullet entered his body, then another, and another. He fell to his knees as blood flowed out of his body in waterfalls. He smiled as he began to lose feeling in his body, and his vision began fade. Sehun closed his eyes and let death slowly take him away.

I’ll see you soon, Luhan.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When Sehun woke, he was surrounded by darkness. He was in a pitch black room, however he could see a line behind and in front of him. The line was moving slowly, but moving nonetheless. When he looked down, he wasn’t standing on anything, but he wasn’t falling.

So this is what it’s like to be dead.

Sehun waited patiently in the line, following the other faceless spirits in front of him. As he got closer to the front, he saw a figure standing near something that looked like a large metal gate. He had a clipboard in his hand, and he was writing things down as people walked through the gates. Suddenly his heart dropped in his chest. The fluffy brown hair, large doe eyes, slender form. All his memories with his other half rushed back all at once.

“Luhan?” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: And with that, the story is finished. They got a happy ending! If you want to know what happens after this, read my other fic, "Tears of December". Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao and Kris are the main couples but Sehun and Luhan still play a pretty big part in the story. I would appreciate it if you gave that a read too, but because I wrote it a long time ago, the style of writing is probably gonna be much different haha 

Thank you so much for still reading this, if any of you are still reading this haha

Also, if you like exo ships, please read my current fic, "Fix You". It features everyone in exo, and its a high school drama sort of story. It was inspired by School 2013. 

Anyway, thank you so much for reading, I'm really thankful for all you guys that read my stories. Leave a comment letting me know what you think :)