Poison

Revenge is Bittersweet

 

 

 

Luhan awoke early in the morning like he usually did. He was planning to leave Sehun and never come back. He knew that if he grew close with this boy, it would only bring heartache and pain in the future.

 

Luhan began to get up until he realized there was weight on his body. He turned his head and saw Sehun’s face, way too close for comfort. Then he realized Sehun was sleeping on his side with his arm and one leg draped on top of Luhan. The boy had bulk in muscle, unlike the thin Luhan.

 

With much struggle, Luhan pushed the heavier boy off of him. Sehun turned over with a groan, and suddenly reached out and grabbed Luhan’s wrist. Luhan yelped in surprise. Sehun’s grip was surprisingly strong, somehow causing a blush to creep onto Luhan’s face.

 

“You’re not leaving me, are you?” Sehun said, half-awake. He turned his head to look at Luhan, his bangs messy. “W-What are you talking about?” Luhan stuttered, trying to calm his beating heart. It was strange, and an almost new feeling for him. He hadn’t felt much of anything since Yuzhe left, and he didn’t know how to respond.

 

Sehun gave him a sleepy smile. “Good.” With that, he closed his eyes and fell asleep again. Sehun let go of Luhan’s wrist, which the latter quickly pulled out of the way in case he decided to try that again. Luhan stood there like a statue, holding his wrist. What was that…? He wondered.

 

The urge to leave Sehun disappeared. Luhan just couldn’t bring himself to leave now. “Geez.” He scowled. He hopped off the bed and went to wash up.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Bullets flew past the two boys as they ran through the construction site. Sehun and Luhan had decided to team up, because although they would be found out more easily, it made it safer for the both of them, if one was watching out for the other.

 

“Split!” Sehun hissed. Luhan gave a small nod and leaped off the metal beam he was running on. He used his grappling gun and swung to the other side, quickly shooting most of the guys underneath him. Then he gracefully landed on the other side, retracted his gun, and continued running.

 

The sounds of bullets had died down, so Luhan assumed Sehun took care of other guys. It was getting dark, and Luhan’s vision started to go. “Luhan, get out of there.” Sehun’s voice came through the earpiece. Luhan frowned and looked around. It was too quiet. “Mmhmm.” He replied, carefully turning around.

 

Suddenly there was a loud explosion, the ground underneath Luhan blowing up. Luhan propelled himself upwards with the impact of the explosion, covering his nose with his sleeve. A bullet scraped his arm, causing him to whip around in mid air and shoot a sniper.

 

Luhan was now 50 feet above ground, with nothing to latch onto, since the structure he was running on collapsed. The other building was too far for his grappling gun to reach. There was no time left to think.

 

40 feet.

 

30 feet.

 

20 feet.

 

Suddenly a giant weight flew into him and knocked the air out of him. Strong arms wrapped around Luhan as they came down at an angle. They rolled together for about 3 feet before they came to a stop. “Are you okay?” Luhan recognized the voice as Sehun’s. “I’m fine.” Luhan said, spitting out some blood that had come from biting on the inside of his cheek. He was glad that his feet were now on something solid.

 

“We still need to find our target.” Sehun whispered. The pin-drop silence after an explosion was always scary, but it was more terrifying at night when anything could jump out at you.

 

A slight whizzing noise shot past Luhan’s ear and he knew it was a poison dart. He couldn’t locate the target so he grabbed Sehun’s hand and told him to run. Immediately, more and more darts began to fly at them, while they ran. “We can’t win this one.” Luhan said.

 

Sehun suddenly yelped, a dart puncturing his arm. “Sehun!” Luhan yelled. Sehun winced, already feeling the poison spread through his body. “I’m fine! Keep running!” He yelled.

 

Luhan dragged Sehun behind a metal wall where they would be safe for the time being. He dislodged the dart from Sehun’s arm and put his mouth to the wound area. “W-what are you…” Luhan on the wound until he had a mouthful of Sehun’s blood, and spat it out. The blood was black with poison, tinged with red. Then Luhan ripped a piece of cloth from his shirt and tied it tightly around Sehun’s upper arm, cutting off his circulation. “This is best I can do for now. I’ll get the rest of the poison out later.”

 

They continued running, far, far away from the construction site until they knew there was no one following them. “I think we’re okay…” Luhan panted, wiping sweat from his forehead. Sehun, however, was not so okay. He had gone pale, and his lips were white. His bangs were much more sweaty than they should be, and he was shaking.

 

Luhan felt pain stab through his heart. “S-Sehun…” Sehun fell forward into Luhan’s arms. Luhan’s eyes widened when he saw that Sehun’s eyelids were fluttering and the heat coming from his body. “Oh my god…” Luhan put Sehun’s arm over one of his shoulders and dragged him to the nearest inn.

 

Luhan carefully laid Sehun on the bed, and pressed his hand against his wet forehead. It was burning. “.” Luhan swore. He took a towel from the washroom and quickly rinsed it with cold water. The he placed it on Sehun’s forehead. “I’ll be right back, keep turning the towel to the cold side.” Sehun nodded, his eyelids almost closed.

 

As Luhan was about to leave, Sehun mumbled something and lifted his shaking arm. He held out his hand, and there was the poison dart in it. Luhan took it and found there was still some of the black liquid inside. Luhan eyes went wide. “This will help me a lot. Thanks, Sehun.” Sehun nodded again. Luhan smiled at Sehun and ran to the nearest traditional medicine shop.