Impromptu Amusement Park Mission

Revenge is Bittersweet

 

 

Both Sehun and Luhan ducked and loaded the pistols that they always carried with them on instinct. “Well this is interesting.” Sehun said, eyes darting back and forth. Luhan nodded. “Impromptu amusement park mission.”

 

Sehun smirked at Luhan’s little joke, before rolling forward to get away from a second explosion. Luhan had done the same, but stood up and ran. Sehun got up and followed. “Where are you going?” he shouted over the screams of innocent citizens.

 

They matched strides and dodged people. “I saw someone from the Wong Mafia. The ones who took my brother.” Luhan answered, ducking behind a booth as a group of men shot at them. Sehun grabbed a small round object from his pocket, pulled out the pin with his teeth and threw it at the men. A gooey purple substance exploded from the ball, and stuck to the men. 

 

“What kind of grenade was that?” Luhan said, coming out from behind the booth and running towards the wooden roller coaster. “Super Sticky mini-grenade.” Sehun explained.  “I designed it, but they are going to be fine. I didn’t use the dangerously corrosive one.” Sehun shot Luhan a quick wink, which he rolled his eyes at.

 

They shot at some men who were pursuing them. “Why would they be here today?” Sehun said, while snapping the neck of some guy. Luhan put a bullet through another man’s head. “I don’t know, but I feel like they knew we were coming.”

 

The barista.

 

“The barista at that coffee shop must have been a member of the Wong Mafia!” Luhan yelled, as they sped through the park. Sehun nodded with a grimace, remembering the female server the day he met Luhan.

 

Sehun nodded, kicking a guy in the head. The guy flew into another man, knocking him down. “Double kill!” Sehun grinned triumphantly. Luhan lodged a bullet into a sniper’s head causing him to miss Luhan and shoot his comrade. Sehun blinked. “That was lucky.” Luhan shrugged and gave Sehun a small smile, before heading for the roller coaster.

 

They reached the roller coaster. It was getting pretty dark, but there was a full moon. “There!” Luhan pointed to a dark figure scaling the side of roller coaster. It was as if they had a telepathy moment, as Luhan began to climb while Sehun ran to climb on the other side of the dark figure.

 

Luhan was like a monkey, jumping from rung to rung. “Stop!” he yelled. As Luhan got closer to the dark figure he realized he was wearing a mask so there was no way he could see his face. The masked man kept climbing.

 

Unfortunately for him, Sehun had already started climbing onto the other side. “Hey we don’t want to hurt you!” He said, even though they would probably have to kill the guy later.

 

The masked man looked on both sides and realized he was trapped. So he climbed upwards. The roller coaster had been stopped because of the explosions earlier. He reached the top and stopped at the top of the railing. “Hey there. We just need some information out of you.” Sehun said, climbing onto the rails.

 

The masked man didn’t even look at Sehun. He was staring at Luhan the whole time. “You are from Wong Mafia, aren’t you?” Luhan asked, his voice cold. The masked man nodded. He pulled down his mask and smiled. “You’ve grown Luhan.”

 

Luhan’s eyes widened. He had no recognition of the man. “How do you know who I am?” he said, pulling out his gun and pointing it at the man. The man gave a little shrug. “I know things. I was supposed to meet you here today, to kill you. But I’ve decided to deliver some news instead.”

 

Sehun smirked. “You did it in a very flashy way.” The man smiled. “Yes, but that doesn’t matter. I don’t know if Luhan here will be happy if I tell him the news.”

 

Luhan advanced, cocking his gun. “If you know my name, then you must know Yuzhe.” The man thought for a moment before nodding. “I do.”

 

“Then tell me what you want to say.”

 

“I’ve installed bombs that are connected to me. If I die, then all over the park, there will be explosions and people will die.” He said casually, as if the many lives that would be taken here didn’t matter to him.

 

Luhan furrowed his brows. “You say this as if you know you are going to die.” The man nodded. “I do know. Because you are going to kill me today, right here.”

 

“Wait, what are you talking about?” Sehun said. “How can you know these things? Do you want to die?” Sehun looked like he wanted to say more, but with a small shake of Luhan’s head, he stayed quiet.

 

“Where is Yuzhe?” Luhan said cautiously. The man smiled, and shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe he’s watching us?” Luhan blinked. “He’s here?” A small part of him hoped that Yuzhe was here, so he could save his brother from the evil Wong Mafia. But another, larger part knew that if he saved his brother, the consequences would outweigh the advantages.

 

The man shook his head and stared into the sky. “He’s watching us from above.” Then he looked back at Luhan.  Luhan didn’t look like he understood, so the man explained further. “He’s dead. That’s what I came here to tell you.”

 

Luhan swore he heard shattering all around him. His vision blurred as his heart broke to pieces and the ground beneath him crumbled. Everything he had been fighting for, everything he wanted had been taken away and he didn’t even know it. When did Yuzhe die? How long has he been dead? Where? How?

 

Out of anger and desperation, Luhan pulled the trigger. The man didn’t make a sound as the bullet pierced his skull and killed him. “You’re lying!” Luhan screamed, tears spilling from his eyes. The first explosion could be heard from across the amusement park. Then another. Then another.

 

But Luhan didn’t hear any of the explosions, not even Sehun’s cries. “You’re lying!!” His voice was shrill and broken. He kept shooting at the body of the man, even though he had already died from the first bullet. Tears streamed down his face and his body shook as he repeatedly pulled the trigger. “You’re lying!” He screamed. “Yuzhe’s not dead! Tell me the truth!”

 

“Luhan!” Sehun yelled, carefully stepping over the man and closer to Luhan. The explosions were getting closer, and if Luhan couldn’t calm down, they wouldn’t make it out alive.

 

“Luhan!” Sehun yelled again, this time lunging at the shorter boy. “Go away!” He yelled, his pupils dilated and scared. “Yuzhe’s not dead! It’s all a lie!” Luhan held up his gun, while Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan and held him tightly. “Stop it! Just accept the tr-----”

 

With a bang, blood pooled across both boys’ shirts.