One Day Left

Dear EXO, She's Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bus came to a stop and Suho's eyes fluttered open, he woke up from his nap as he look at his surroundings. It was the countryside.

Suho got out of the bus and breathe in the air, *He's nearby.* He thought as he scanned around the area.

Passengers were boarding off the bus, and went their separate ways. 

The bus left the countryside and Suho stood at the bus station, when he made sure no one was around anymore. He lifted up his hand, formed a water drop in his hand.

"D.O." He whispered and the water fell onto the ground, once it touches the ground it formed a water trail for Suho to follow. 

*I'm coming for you brother.* Suho breathed in and stare at the sky. *Hang in there Yoonji. We're almost finished.* Suho started to follow the water trail into the fields.

Walking down the path of the fields made Suho rethink about the journey after he had awakened. But he also recalled the memories when he hasn't awaken. He smiled at his memories. *I was a troublemaker too. Always going out in the field and sitting there for hours. Everybody thought I was a crazy boy who had no purpose in life.* 

He then stare down at his palm, the logo etched on it. *Who knew I would turn into a guardian for 11 brothers and a mission to protect the world.* 

"Kyungsoo-ah!" A voice yelled in a distance. Suho's great hearing had picked it up, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He blinked and scanned the area, an old lady was walking to a house that wasn't too far away from where Suho was standing. 

Suho spotted D.O who was behind the tool shed, he had stopped immediately what we was doing and left the tool shed. Suho's eyes glistened at the sight of him using his own powers. *Looks like it's not over. But how do I get over without looking suspicious?*

D.O came out and helped his mother with the amount of groceries.

*Bingo.* A smirk crept up Suho's lips.

"Where do you want these to be put at mom?" D.O yelled from the kitchen, "Just put it on the table!" His mother yelled from the outside, gathering the other supplies she had shopped in the morning.

"Aigoo." She tried to fit in another giant grocery bag between her two grocery bags that were in her arms. 

But as she tried to lift it up, a pair of hands had reached out and grabbed onto the last grocery bag. D.O's mother look up with a surprised expression.

"I'll help you carry these in, ma'am." Suho flashed a sweet smile at the lady.

"Omo.." She gasped, surprised by his good looks and kindness. "Ah, thank you." She giggled, feeling happy. 
 

"Mom, where is the meat I told you to buy?" D.O stepped out of his house, but he stopped on his tracks as he spotted a familiar face.

"You." He said, his eyes rounded in surprise. Suho who was holding the grocery bag casually waved a hand at him. "Hi." He said, acting as if it's the first time greeting each other.

"What are you doing here?" D.O questioned and his mother came to his side. "He came to help me," She said and turn to Suho, "Come on in. I'll treat you to some snacks and a drink." She smiled and went pass D.O, entering the house.

"Oh, thank you." Suho smiled as he happily walked towards their house entrance but he was stopped by D.O who held a hand out grabbing onto his shoulder.

Suho raised a brow and stare at him with an innocent look. "Yes?" 

"What do you think you're doing?" D.O asked, his big bold eyes turn to Suho's innocent ones.

Suho flashed a sweet smile. "Just being a kind friendly person." Suho calmly answered.

"Yah. If you're here to convince me about joining the 11 of you, let me be clear now, I'm not the son of EXO." D.O said with gritted teeth, "Ah, so you actually have all your memories back. That's good." Suho said with a smile. "At least now I know the awakening process was fully complete. Now I know you're just in denial." His smile formed into a smirk. 

"Now would you excuse me, your mom need these groceries in the kitchen." He tried to swept past him but D.O had snatched the groceries from him, he blocked Suho from entering his house and glower at him.

"Leave. Now." He warned.

Suho just blinked at him but before he could say anything. D.O's head was slapped by his mother from the back.

"Ow!" D.O flinched in pain and stare at his mother with wide eyes. "Mom!" He whimpered.

His mother shot him a judging look and shook her head. "Yah, I did not raise you to be this rude to kind people. Don't block his path, just let him in and have a drink."

She then turn her attention to Suho and flashed a sweet smile. "Come on in, er.." "Suho. My name is Suho." Suho said with a smile.

"Ah yes, well come in!" She chirped happily and flashed a serious look to D.O before walking back to the kitchen, Suho cautiously entered their home while D.O groaned in frustration as he angrily slammed the door shut.

Suho stepped into the dining room and the mother had placed a plate of freshly cut fruits and a tall glass of refreshing water. 

"Sit. And enjoy." She smiled and D.O went pass his mother as he placed the remaining groceries down on the counter.

"Thank you." Suho smiled as he ate the fruits wholeheartedly. "Mm! You pick the right fruits! They're so sweet and delicious." Suho complimented and the mother giggled, feeling giddy. "Ah! Thank you. You're too kind." 

"Mind telling me how you pick these fruits out? I have terrible skills on choosing ripe fruits." Suho gave her a cheeky smile while the mother sat down in front of him.

She began to tell him how to differentiate a just ripe fruit and an overripe fruit. And what key points of a fruit you need to notice when choosing it.

D.O rolled his eyes at the scene as he sat next to Suho, taking a piece of the apple and chomping down on it angrily. His eyes were on Suho the entire time. *What's his motive?* 

"Ah! I see! Wow, Kyungsoo you have such a pro mom!" Suho suddenly snapped his attention to D.O whose eyes rounded in surprise, he wasn't expecting that. 

"Ah.. yeah.." He nodded awkwardly as he took the pitcher filled with water, D.O poured himself a cup of water and gulped it down.

"Well, I think it's time you should leave." D.O said as he stared at the time and his mother shot him a glare. "What?" D.O innocently asked. "He's a stranger we shouldn't trust him so easily." 

"But you shouldn't be this rude." His mother shot him another look and D.O sighed as he turned away. Suho just smiled at his mom. "It's okay, I should go anyway. I have a task to complete." He said and got up.

"Ah, really? Alright then." She then turn to D.O. " our guest out, Kyungsoo." 

D.O gave her a look that says, 'Are you kidding me?' and her mom glared at him while nodding her head to Suho. D.O grumbled and sourly got up.

"Follow me." He muttered and Suho bowed at his mother. "Thank you again for the hospitality." 

She smiled at him. "Aigoo. It's nothing." 

The two brothers walked to the entrance and D.O leaned onto the door, "Now get out." He said and Suho just glance at him. "You know," He began.

"What?" D.O said. 

"I'm starting to understand why you wouldn't want to accept your true identity yet. Because this life of yours, I don't see a reason why you want to leave it. Your mom is such a loving person." Suho smiled and gaze at his warm home, everywhere just had the homey vibe.

"It's nice huh, to be with your family like this everyday." He complimented more which made D.O quiet. 

"Yeah.." He mumbled softly, agreeing. 

"But," Suho contineud on. "You're still the son of EXO. It's in your blood. No matter how much you try to run away, you can't deny your true identity." 

"Whatever. Can you just leave?" D.O sighed in frustration, he wasn't in the mood to deal with this again.

Suho sighed and nodded. "Okay. But I'm not giving up." He said and D.O shot him a look of bewilderment. "What?" 

"See you soon." He flashed him a wink before leaving. But just as Suho had set foot out the door, a groan was heard in the kitchen.

"Aigoo! When is this plumber coming? The water isn't flowing right lately and I need to wash these vegetables for tonight's dinner." His mother grumbled in defeat.

Just then Suho gave D.O a look as a wide grin spread across his lips. D.O knew that look and shook his head. "Don't even think about it." He muttered.

"Aww, but, you know my power is water. I can help with it!" Suho offered and D.O glared at him. "Forget it. There is no way I'm letting you do what you want like that." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter