I'll be Back

How the Day Met the Night

It had been over three months since he first met Kyuhyun, and a little less than two months since Sungmin came in his life in the same time. Zhou Mi would meet him sometime in the dorm, mostly doing to way up or down the elevator, talking a little, polite, about things like school or what was on TV the same night. Awkward conversations, but nothing that would show any kind of hate or repulsion from Zhou Mi's side. He wasn't like that, he wasn't able to hate someone because of a bad love story.

 

 

But as time went by, Zhou Mi was able to go over the fact that this guy had broken his friend's heart and could almost see what had made them go out in the first place.

 

-Wanna grab a coffee with me, asked Sungmin one morning, on their way to school.

-Sure.

 

They bought coffee at school, in the cafeteria, walking slowly toward a table. They had some time before their first class, and even if Zhou Mi didn't know his friend ex-boyfriend much, something was telling him it wasn't only to be with him Sungmin had wanted to take a coffee in his compagny.

 

-Want to talk, Zhou Mi asked, taking a sip of his warm drink.

-Uhn?

-I guess you didn't suddenly wanted a coffee, not when we aren't talking that much outside of school.

 

He smiled a little, nodding to what the chinese man had said.

 

-Am I that obvious?

 

Zhou Mi didn't say anything.

 

-I don't regret breaking up with Kyuhyun, but I do regret breaking his heart, Sungmin started, holding his paper cup with both his hands. I know he is a great guy, and even if he has flaws, he is the best boyfriend I ever had...It's just...I was scared, him being rich, good looking...All the girls, and even boys, would turn around to look at him, even if all he could see was me. I just...

-You felt like you weren't to his level, that he would get sick of you.

-Yah...How did you know?

-Same old story.

 

Zhou Mi smiled.

 

-He was giving you all the attention, making you feel special, but you didn't know how to return the favour. As time went by, your insecurity made you wonder if it was worth it, and made you snap for little things.

-It sounds horrible said this way...

-It isn't. It's just a big misunderstanding. Kui Xian would probably not look it this way, since he was blinded by his love. It's probably why he is so hurt, because he has no idea what he had done wrong. Just give him some time to heal.

-Thanks. I didn't think you would be...

-Neutral?

-Understanding.

-To be frank, I might understand, it doesn't mean I approuve, but you made your choices and it is not my place to judge. The fact that you regret hurting him, though, is enough to let me know you still care about him enough.

-I do. You are really nice, I'm happy I talked to you.

 

Zhou Mi shrughed. It was more because he was used to it than because he really understood him that he knew so much. He wasn't a relationship expert either, so he knew he could be wrong, but he wasn't that far away from the truth when he was talking about relationships. Sad thing for him, though he knew how others should act, he never had a clue how to get himself a good relationship that wasn't only based on , since apart from Kyuhyun and Sungmin, the only homouals he knew had been in his bed at least once. Maybe because neither of them knew he was gay helped to keep them at a certain distance. Knowing his luck, it wouldn't have surprised Zhou Mi.

 

Zhou Mi went in class, leaving Sungmin after talking a little more. He only had time to sit down and take his books and notes out that his cellphone started to buzz in his bag. Looking at the name, it made the medical student smile. He answered the call, though it wasn't the best idea ever, since class would start in a few minutes.

 

-I think I'm lost.

-What's going on, Kui Xian?

-Henry gave me the adress for his job, and told me he was working today, so I went, but I'm not sure I am at the right place.

-Oh yeah, he told me you would pass by before you two came to my place, I remember now. What's the adress he gave you?

 

Kyuhyun told him, probably reading it on a little piece of paper, then waited for Zhou Mi to tell him where it was more precisely. It was surprise to hear Zhou Mi's laugh at the other end of the phone, trying to stay as silent as he could since the teacher was entering the class.

 

-I didn't think he would actually do it.

-Do what?

-It's a fake adress. I know where he is working, and it's not in that part of town at all. I have to go, i'll text you the real adress.

-That little...Yeah, thanks, I'll get him for that!

-Enjoy yourself. See you later.

-Later!

 

Zhou Mi was able to hear a few curse words before hanging, making him smile even more. He texted the adress to Kyuhyun and closed his phone, putting it back in his back as the class started, the tearcher bringing their attention on a female mannequin.

 

A few hours later, he was out of the school, his bag on his shoulder, smiling. He wished he could have seen Henry's face when Kyuhyun had finally entered the restaurant wehere he was working at that moment and Kyuhyun's evil smile as he was thinking of a way to make him pay. Knowing henry, he would try to found a good excuse, like he had made a mistake or it was meant to someone else, be Zhou Mi knew Kyuhyun wouldn't fall for it and he should be prepared to get henry's revenge soon. It was obvious Henry knew Zhou Mi had something to do with it. He stopped in front of the dorm, let his bag fall on the ground and waited against one of the trees, waiting for those two to come. Henry came over his place so often, it felt natural to wait there, but it was the first time Kyuhyun would see his place, which actually made Zhou Mi worry of if he had cleaned his place enough, even if he had spent an hour the day before to clean everything. Why was he so nervous? Probably because he didn't want to leave a bad impression. It was probably that.

 

It took all his strenght to not laugh his off when Kyuhyun and Henry finally came around. As Zhou Mi though, Kyuhyu didn't took long before getting his revenge. He was holding the musician to his neck with his arm, dragging him, walking too fast for Henry to be able to struggle, but slow enough to not choke him to death. Kyuhyun smiled when he saw Zhou Mi, waving at him.

 

-Look! I brought you something!

-Let me go, Kyuhyun! Come on, be nice!

-You two had a great time, I see, finally said Zhou Mi, still smiling.

-Well I had, at least, said Kyuhyun. Him, I don't know, I didn't ask when he froze on stage.

 

He finally let go of Henry, avoiding his punch to his shoulder.

 

-I didn't froze, I was surprised. You stared at me with a evil glow, you almost scared the clients away...

-You two want to discuss on this situation or want to go to my place and have a few drinks, asked Zhou Mi, taking his bag from the floor.

-Let's discuss it with the drinks, answered Kyuhyun.

 

He grabbed Henry by the neck again and dragged him along, ignoring his complains and the weird looks the other residents gave them when they passed by. They went into Zhou Mi's place, which wasn't that big, but big enough for three guys to have some fun time together. He took some beer out of his fridge and gave one the each, sitting down on the ground, next to Kyuhyun while Henry was checking out his violin.

 

Kyuhyun's fingers touched Zhou Mi's hand by accident, only a butterfly touch, enough to make the chinese student feel a shiver down his spine and his heart skip a beat. Kyuhyun didn't seemed to have noticed, pushing Henry's shoulder not long after. Zhou Mi smiled and let this little thing being pushed in the back of his mind, enjoying the moment. He didn't even understand why he had react that way, so it was better to think about it later. When he would be alone in his small appartment.

 

Probably not that day, since Henry fell asleep on the floor, slowing leaning to the side, his back against the fridge. Zhou Mi stood up, Kyuhyun in the bathroom, and pushed gently his friend to the side, making him lay on the ground before taking a blanket and a pillow. He wasn't sure if he would be able to drag him into his bed, and didn't want to try right now. He only made sure he was okay, took the empty cans of beer and put them away in the recycle bin. Kyuhyun came out not long after and saw the musician sleep, a smile on his face.

 

-Isn't he supposed to work, tomorrow, Kyuhyun asked, whispering.

-Yah, Zhou Mi answered. I'll put my alarm so he can wake up soon enough. If you want to stay over, you can too. It's late.

-Thanks.

-I have a small mattress, you can take it. It's under the bed.

 

Zhou Mi went in the bathroom with his clothes and changed, putting on his pajama before going out of the bathroom, Kyuhyun already on the thin mattress, asleep. Zhou Mi smiled before going to his bed, trying not to step on anyone. He slipped in his bed and the second he lay his head on his pillow, the little thing, like he called it, the moment Kyuhyun's fingers only touched his hand came back to him. Why did it hit him so much, it wasn't like he had a crush on him. Yeah, he didn't get laid in a long time, but that was no reason to feel that way, even if Kyuhyun was hot.

 

That was an understatement.

 

Kyuhyun's dark eyes, tasty-looking lips, jawline, neck...He hid his face in his pillow, but closing his eyes only made it worse, since he could remember Kyuhyun's smile and long fingers when he was drinking some of his beer. His mind did the rest, without his concent, changing this innocent scene for something...less innocent. Zhou Mi his side, opening his eyes. Fantasizing on his friend wasn't like him. Maybe knowing that he was into men was helping, plus the fact Zhou Mi didn't go on a date for almost a year, a little less on the part, wasn't helping him. That was it...

 

He fell asleep, thinking he should date more before his mind went into his dream world.

 

His alarm woke him up, his dream fading away. He stood up, sitting on his bed, and laugh when he saw Henry move without much of a motivation. He let himself fall on his bed before going up for real, kicking Henry to wake him up.

 

-Get up, lazy. You are going to be late, not me.

-...Ten minutes, mom...

 

It was the pillow that Kyuhyun smashed against Henry's head that convinced him to get up, Kyuhyun hiding his head with it not long after. He moaned, clearly not wanting to get up, kicking Henry so he would get up, get dressed and get out so the two others could sleep more. Zhou Mi took the blanket and laughed.

 

-Okay, okay, I get it, groaned Henry. I'm getting up...

 

He stood up and went in the bathroom, almost hiting everything in his way. Zhou Mi opened the fridge and took out some food, preparing a quick breakfeast for Henry, since he didn't have that much time ahead of him before having to run to his job. Plus, he knew he would fal asleep in the shower and he would need to wake him up in not to long.

 

And he was right.

 

Though Kyuhyun had to suffer too since Henry let out the biggest scream when Zhou Mi changed the warm water for cold freezing one, getting out of the bathroom seconds later with the biggest smile. Henry got out not too long after, swearing, clearly awake now. He look at Kyuhyun, then Zhou Mi with dark eyes, unsure of who was responsible, since the two of them were smiling, before taking his bag, thanking Zhou Mi for the lunch and ran off. Kyuhyun let himself fall back on the cheap bed, laughing. He then hid his face, trying to fall back asleep, but the sounds of Zhou Mi moving around made him uncover his head with almost a question mark up his head.

 

-What are you doing, Mi?

 

Zhou Mi turned around, half dressed, about to put on a shirt.

 

-I have school today, don't you?

-My class was cancelled...

-Well, not mine, I have to go soon. I have books to take in the library before going in class.

 

Kyuhyun rooled on his stomach and stared at Zhou Mi with pitiful eyes, clearly not wanting to get up now, too lazy to get ready in a few minutes. Zhou Mi ignored him, telling him a few times he had to go soon.

 

-Can't I stay and sleep? I won't bother anyone...

-...You won't sleep for four hours. Get up.

-Please, pretty please?

 

Puppy eyes, Zhou Mi knew them a litttle by now. Those dark pitiful eyes, almost with a tear going down his cheek, holding the pillow like a plushie, trying to convince Zhou Mi to let him sleep more. The medical student didn't say anything until he had his bag on his shoulder, keys in hand, ready to leave. Kyuhyun hadn't move, only following him with his eyes, and to that point, with is head. Zhou Mi opened the door, stayed there a moment before turning around.

 

-My computer doesn't have a password, food is in the fridge and I'll be back in four hours.

-Thank you mommy!

-Later.

 

He left his appartment and locked the door. Now, he just had to hope that Kyuhyun wouldn't use his computer to watch .

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

I'm actually sad for Sungmin, being unsure of himself...and for Kyuhyun to have a broken heart...

And Zhou Mi to be called a mom XDD

 

I forgot to post it yesterday.............sorry >w<