I Have Something to Ask

How the Day Met the Night

A week later.

 

 

-I didn't even get my free coffee...

-Can't you help someone for free? I'm your friend! I even did that quest with you, though I already did it with Zhou Mi.

 

Kyuhyun glare at Henry, though not to much since he still wanted him to listen. He didn't want to scare him off.

 

-Alright, finally said the musician. What's up, now? I heard you talked to Sungmin-ah, so it's probably about that.

-You proposed it.

-I know!

-Anyway...I'm sure, I don't have those feelings for Min, it's not the same as before. I'm sure of it, I have a crush on someone else.

-At least you are sure about it. Though it doesn't change the fact that you said he was straight.

-What am I supposed to do, then?

-I don't know, it's not like I had that kind of problem before.

 

They were back behind the little restaurant where Henry was working, sitting next to the backdoor, the same place as before, Kyuhyun hiding his face with his arms, sighing loudly. He didn't have a clue what to do, and Henry wasn't helping. At least, he was nice enough to not ask who it was, it would have been awkward...Not that Henry was his crush, not at all. The musician stood up and went back into the restaurant, leaving Kyuhyun alone for some time. He had though about his ''problem'' all night long, and he came up empty, not knowing what to do, and he didn't dare ask Sungmin for advice since they were just starting to talk again, and make him know he had already another crush might not be really nice, even if he was the one who was rejected.

 

Henry came back with two beers, giving one to Kyuhyun.

 

-Why, he asked, staring at the bottle.

-Because, Henry answered. I felt like having a beer. Why don't you talk with Zhou Mi about your troubles? He has a lot more experience than me in those kind of stories.

-I...can't.

-Why? Aren't you two really good friends?

 

Kyuhyun drank some of his beer, looking at the bottle with a sad look, thinking about his words. He couldn't bring himself to say it was Zhou Mi who occupied his thoughts for some time, certainly not to his trusted friend. He smiled sadly.

 

-I don't want to bother him again with those kind of stories. I dragged him in them enough like that.

-Yeah...I just kind of find it weird. Well, if you like that guy so much, why don't you just tell him?

-Oh yeah, good idea! I'll go to him and say ''Hi! I find you hot and y, though I know you don't like men. Wanna make out?'' That'll work...

-I'm trying to help here! Maybe being rejected will help you get over it, or maybe the guy might start liking you more, I don't know! It's not like I had guys coming at me asking me out all the time, it's not something typical in my life.

-Maybe men should ask you out so you could help me.

-I don't have any power over that...

-That's what you think...

 

His evil smirk made Henry wonder what he would try to do to him again, but he regain his sad look so quickly, it only made him realise it was only a joke.

 

-Seriously, I can't tell the guy. It would be really awkward, and I don't want that.

-I don't know what to say, Kyuhyun. I'll try to think of something and I'll get it back to you.

-Okay, thanks...

-I have to go, I got to pick up something at Zhou Mi's place before he leaves for work. See ya around.

-Later.

 

Henry stood up, leaving the empty bottle next to the backstage door, his violin case under his arm, walking fast so he would not miss Zhou Mi. Kyuhyun watched him leave and finished his bottle before going back home.

 

Zhou Mi was preparing his bag, already in his work clothes, a little tired. He was working a night shift for the first, and hopefully, the last time until graduation. He checked the time, a little worried that Henry would not show up before he would have to leave, walked up and down in his appartment. At least the guy was gone...because yes, he had hook up with someone the night before. He went in a bar alone, this time, hooking up with the first guy that caught his eye, going back to his place, doing it until they fell asleep. The guy had left before he woke up, leaving Zhou Mi alone, staring at the ceiling, even more confused than before.

 

How was it that that the only name he was able to think about the whole time wasn't that guy's name? He couldn't even remember his face, so his name was way to far in his mind to actually care about it. No, his entire mind could only care about one name : Kyuhyun. Why was that, he thought he was fantasizing on him before he didn't get laid in a long time, but it was nothing like that! They had done it in the dark, and whenever his eyes were closed, only Kyuhyun's face, hands, lips were in his mind, though he knew it wasn't him. He had stare at the ceiling, after he woke up, until he just jumped out of his bed, went in the shower and cold himself down. Didn't calm him much, only made him realise he wasn't in some kind of messed up dream. He wasn't stupid or dense, he knew what was going on, like he also knew he should hope for much. Not now, at least.

 

He was about to get out of his appartment, scared of being late when he heard knocking on the door.

 

-Come in, Henry! It's unlocked.

-Hi man! Sorry, I got stuck at the job.

-No worries.

 

Henry entered, smiling, a grabbed the bag Zhou Mi gave him.

 

-The look on your face tells me you had quite a night, Henry said, smiling.

-Want the details?

-No thanks. If you are not too tired tomorrow, I got some things I want to talk about.

-Can't say them while I'm walking you back to the entrance?

 

He pushed out Henry and dragged him behind him, in a hurry, right after locking his room.

 

-Not really, the musician answered. Please? I'll pay for the coffee.

-No need. I'll call you tomorrow, to see if I'm not to much of a zombie.

-Thanks man!

 

The seperated at the entrace, Zhou Mi walking fast to the subway, Henry going slowly back home. At least Zhou Mi had been the one on top, this was he wasn't that sore because of last night, making him able to do his work with much troubles other than the fact every single of his collegues were making dirty jokes to make Mi react, which didn't work much. He came back home at four in the morning, dead tired, only letting himself fall on the dead, his head not even hitting the pillow he was already asleep. At least, he had a day off and could sleep most of the day if he wanted to. He woke up at nine because of his cellphone, but he would have been able to wake up whenever he wanted to.

 

-...Hi?...

 

He checked his cellphone...that was the alarm, not the phone. He moaned, still half asleep, and tried to close the alarm, his fingers not listening to him that much this morning.

 

-Come on...phone, listen to me for once...

 

The time his alarm was off, he was awake enough to be unable to go back to sleep. He called Henry, getting out of his bed with some difficulties, his voice still a little hoarse.

 

-Sup?

-Still up for a coffee?

-...You sound like you wake up from the dead...after a rave...in hell.

-I sound like , I know. My cellphone woke me up. I'm getting a coffee, come if you want or not.

-Be there soon. You're sure you don't want to sleep more?

-I'm going to take a shower, see you later.

-Okay!

 

He walked out of his appartment half an hour later, texting Henry that he was on his way. His thoughts were a mess, and his sleepiness wasn't helping. Henry was already there when he arrived, giving Zhou Mi a large cup of coffee, making him smile.

 

-Thank you.

-Though you might need it. You still sound and look like .

-Thank you...What was it you wanted to talk about, yesterday?

-Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you advices.

-I'm no good with girls.

-No...not that, it's not for me.

 

Henry stayed silent a moment, watching Zhou Mi drink some of his coffee.

 

-I have that friend who likes guys...

-Do I know him?

-Nan, it's one of my co-workers. I don't think you do, anyway...So, this guy as a crush on a guy. He asked me for help, to know if he should confess or not, or what he should do, and since I'm don't really know, well...

-He asked you to ask me?

-Nan, I am doing this on my own. I just said I would think of something.

-That's why there is a free coffee...

 

Mi smiled, drinking again.

 

-His crush, is he straight?

-Yes...That's what he told me.

 

Zhou Mi nodded. That... for the guy, really. How to have an almost garanted heartbreak, because you never know, people have a tendency to assume things to realise later on that they were completely wrong. At least it wasn't about a girl, because girls were actually worst on that part...in his opinion, anyway

 

-He has two options, then, he said. He can either tell him and hope thing will go smoothly, at least to be able to move on, or forget about the guy without him ever knowing about it. I'll say the second one is what I would do, even more if the guy is a friend.

-I think they are, he didn't give much details other than the guy is straight and he doesn't know if he should say something or not.

-Ask him next time. That would help, because if he isn't really a friend of the guy, it makes it easier to forget after telling.

-Next time I see him, then. If you don't mind, I won't say you gave me advices, I don't think I was supposed to talk about it to anyone.

-No trouble. Thanks for the coffee, by the way. Be right back, I'm going to get something to eat.

 

Zhou Mi stood up and went in the café, leaving Henry alone in his thoughts. Yeah, he had dare ask advice for Kyuhyun to Zhou Mi, it was really obvious he did, and he knew he would hear about it if Kyuhyun ever learned about it. As long Zhou Mi was secretive, which he could be when he was asked to, Henry may not end up tied up in the subway with a ''Adopt me please'' cardboard glued to him. Though Zhou Mi was saying basically what he had told Kyuhyun.

 

-While were at it, Zhou Mi's voice said, out of nowhere, I have some things I want to talk about.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

I'm drawing abs with Shisus as a reference............This is making me drool~~