Date Day

How the Day Met the Night

The following week-end, Kyuhyun walked to Zhou Mi's residence, an happy smile on his face. They were going to the amusement park, and he couldn't wait. He knew Zhou Mi had a lot to do, and taking a day off at his work was actually a big thing for him, since that would cut a lot of money in his budget, so this simple fact was enough to make Kyuhyun burst out of happiness. He didn't even recall Zhou Mi doing such a thing, ever! Did he even skip a day of work once? He should ask Henry, but he could guess the answer. Zhou Mi? Skipping a day of work? That was like saying Henry was able to do something for free. Possible, but also incredibly unusual.

 

 

Kyuhyun went in the elevator and pressed the button for the right floor. His fingers were taping against his tights, a little nervous. It was a first date, and though he knew Zhou Mi for a good while, they never went on a date. He walked to the door and knocked, breathing deeply to calm himself down. Zhou Mi opened the door and welcomed him with a big, bright smile. That alone took all Kyuhyun's worries away.

 

-Are you ready to go, asked Kyuhyun.

-Yeah, I just need to grab my bag. You can come in if you want.

 

Zhou Mi went to hi bed and took his bag, making sure he had everything, Kyuhyun holding the door open, smiling. It would have been a lie if he had said he didn't look at Zhou Mi in those nice skinny jeans. It was a pain to take off, but the view was so worth it. They walked back to the elevator, already talking about the day they would have. The medical student was excited, he wasn't able to stop smiling. Taking a day off was nice, since he didn't go out that much since university, and had many sleepless nights, and not only because Kyuhyun would stay over. Mostly homeworks. He wasn't as stressed out as before, no wonder why...

 

Thanks to Kyuhyun, again.

 

Just going to the attraction park was fun, so when they finally got inside the park, Zhou Mi was smiling and acting a little like a little kid. He clapped his hands as they walked, looking around for the best ride to try first.

 

-What should we do first, Kui Xian?

-Is there a ride you want to try first?

 

Zhou Mi looked around, searching for one. Kyuhyun finally choose, without saying which one he had in mind, and dragged Zhou Mi along, taking his hand. The elder followed, curious, but soon regretted his choice. It was one of those fast rides, in which you would be upside down more than once, the kind of rides that would scare Zhou Mi to death. He didn't look convinced, and that was what Kyuhyun was counting on. What's better than a scared boyfriend who would hang to you?

 

-I'm not sure about this, Kui Xian...

-I'll let you choose the next ride...please?

-...Okay...

 

They went in line. The closer they got to the ride itself, as the line was getting smaller in front of them, the more Zhou Mi would cling to Kyuhyun, seeking courage. The maknae could only applause himself for his choice, loving to be so near of his boyfriend. In public, they weren't showing it much, since it wasn't everyone who were open-minded enough to accept this kind of relationship between two men, especially in a place like an attraction park, with lots of children around. That way, he could enjoy his lover's presence close to him. It was kind of an evil way to do it, since he could feel that Zhou Mi was really nervous.

 

-It's going to be okay, Mimi.

-I know...

 

They went in the ride, sitting one next to the other. The belts were put on, everthing was locked and Zhou Mi was holding Kyuhyun's hand tightly, scared. He was squeazing his hand really hard, breathing deeply.

 

-Calm down, Mimi, it's going to be okay.

 

The elder shook his head, smiling. He screamed, his head tilting backwards, then started to laugh. Kyuhyun followed him not long after, relieved that at least, Zhou Mi wasn't screaming to leave. It was a good starting point, right? He still was holding the maknae hand like crazy, breathing deeply. He scream a little when it finally started to move, going up, slowly, every inch indicated by a lond ''clang'', making Zhou Mi screaming every more though it didn't really start yet. Kyuhyun was laughing. He was a little scared, but he liked it, so it didn't matter. He still squeazed Zhou Mi's hand, getting his attention, and smiled. The elder smiled back.

 

He stumble out of the ride, followed by a laughing maknae.

 

-This was too much, said Zhou Mi, laughing back, letting himself fall on the ground once he was far away of the ride, sitting next to a bench.

-I didn't know you could scream that loud, Mimi!

 

He helped Zhou Mi to get up, pulling him up, and whispered, as the university student grabbed his neck with his arm:

 

-I wish I could push you in those bushes...groaned Kyuhyun.

-You could, but I don't think the staff would be happy. We would be kicked out.

 

Kyuhyun groaned. Zhou Mi chuckled.

 

-It would be a awesome way to end the day, though.

 

The smile Zhou Mi made after saying it made Kyuhyun's mind go wild. He groaned again. Now, he really wanted to push him in those bushes and jump -on- him. He probably loved to hear the elder laugh as much he enjoyed hearing him moan his name. He didn't have the time to let his fantasies win over his brain that Zhou Mi caught his hand and dragged him behind him, seeing one those little stands of games.

 

-Let's try this one!

 

It was one of those small games which you could win prizes depending of your score. That perticular game was a throwing game, the goal was to knock down colored bottles with a small ball. Those little games didn't cost much, and the value of the prizes were probably lower than the cost to play. There was a giant teddy bear staring at Zhou Mi with a big grin. Kyuhyun followed Mi's eyes and spotted the giant prize.

 

-You want this one, the maknae asked.

-It's cute! I want to try!

 

He paid to play and took the three balls the woman taking care of the stand gave him. His smile made her giggle, and made Kyuhyun a little jealous at the same time. The chinese student threw the ball in the air, checking its weight, then threw it at the colored bottles. He knocked some overs, and thanks to the unstables ones, he was able to win this round. Zhou Mi punched the air and let out an happy sound.

 

-See? I got it! Am I good or what!

-I'll tell you once you'll throw all those balls.

 

He smirked. Zhou Mi started to laugh and pushed him gently.

 

-Just wait and see!

 

He took the second ball and threw it, knocking down the second pile of bottle, almost screaming of joy. That was so interesting to see, watching Zhou Mi being so caught up in the game just for a bear. Kyuhyun almost wanted to be the bear, but in another perpective, the bear didn't have as much advantages as him. He knew what those fingers holding the last ball, ready to throw it and win were able to do and if he would have been the bear, he not have the possibility to enjoy it...

 

He missed his last short.

 

Happy for Kyuhyun he wasn't the teddy bear.

 

-Almost, sighed Zhou Mi, sad.

-Let me try, said the youngest man.

 

Kyuhyun paid the woman, smirking, making her blush while being at it. He waited for her to put the bottles in place before putting his skills to the best. He wasn't the best pitcher, and since he would rather do maths than physical activities, he didn't even know if he would be able to win anything. Zhou Mi had taking a medium sized puppy and was squeazing it, looking at Kyuhyun with an amused look. Of course he knew the maknae only wanted to impress him. If he was able to do so, of course.

 

First try, win.

 

Second try, win.

 

Third try...he had to have it, or else he would be laughed at by Zhou Mi. Please ball, be nice and get it, the teddy bear was meant to be Mi's! He could do it, he could do it, he could...He did it! The ball knocked down the bottm left and the unstable pyramid just fell down. Kyuhyun punched the air and let go of a powerful ''Yes!''

 

He gave the teddy bear to Zhou Mi and got the stuffed puppy.

 

-I'm happy, said Zhou mi while they were leaving, a few hours, screams and sweet candies later.

 

The sun was setting down and the two of them had a great day. Zhou Mi didn't stop smiling, well unless he was scared to death in those fast rides, and was hugging the giant teddy bear tightly.

 

-Happy to hear that. I guess you had a great day?

-I had a wonderful day, and next time, I'm the one taking you out.

-No way, I...

-That is not something you can negociate!

 

He started to laugh. The maknea pouted. Zhou Mi was working hard all the time, so him paying for him was more than he could take. That guy was way too nice, and though Kyuhyun knew it, it still stunned him everytime.

 

They went back at Zhou Mi's appartment, since he insisted that Kyuhyun went back with him.

 

-Mister teddy bear, where will I put you...

-Are you seriously talking to a stuffed animal?

-Yeah...?

 

He smiled innocently.

 

-But your right...muttered Zhou Mi. I should at least find it a name...

-Seriously?

 

He watched Zhou Mi putting the teddy bear on the bed and sat next to it, putting it confortably against the pillows.

 

-You should name it Henry, it has a mochi face.

-Yeah it has...but not as much as Henry.

 

The two of them laugh. Kyuhyun threw himself on the bed and crawled to Zhou Mi, hugging him from the side, laying his head on Zhou Mi's tights.

 

-I won't call it Henry.

-What will be his name, then?

-...I'm not telling you.

-What? Why?

-I thought you thought it was childish.

-It's not, so please, what's it's name?

-Why? It's only a teddy bear.

 

They fought a little, fell down the bed and started to kiss.

 

Even the teddy bear wasn't witness of what happened after, on the ground, as the moans started to echo in the apartment.

 

The teddy bear's name was Kyu.