Drunk Henry

How the Day Met the Night

A warm coffee in his hands, the cold air making the hot drink smoke in his face, also warming up his nose, his mouth hidden by a red scarf, a perfect moment to be alone on a bench in front of school. Zhou Mi had decided that he wanted to have some time to relax, and since his head didn't agree with him playing videogames by giving him a slight headache, he decided to go warm himself up with a coffee. The weather was a little warmer everyday, and in a few hours, it would be the perfect temperature to hang out outside without having to wear that fluffy red scarf.

 

 

The scarf that helped him meet LadyDal. Somehow, it had become his favourite.

 

Kyuhyun had been to his place two days earlier, with root beer, which almost made his spit the water he was drinking from laughing, and they had spent the afternoon hanging around until Kyuhyun was called by his parents to help out at one of the cafés they owned.

 

That morning, he was in from of the school, coffee in hand, relaxing alone, and that was the point of him being there. Just him and his warm and delicious coffee...

 

-Hi!

-Oh, hi Sungmin-ah.

 

Well, his plans were ruined...Sungmin sat next to Zhou Mi, smiling. He smiled back, not showing that he would rather be alone at that moment, since the smaller man was actually nice. Zhou Mi lowered his coffee, putting it in between his knees, still holding it to keep his hands warm. Sungmin stayed silent for a few minutes, only enjoying the presence of the medical student. He was so silent that it made Zhou Mi jump a little when he finally said something.

 

-I talked with Kyuhyun yesterday.

 

Zhou Mi's surprised look made Sungmin smile.

 

-You look like a fish out of the water like that, Zhou Mi.

-So...sorry, I'm just surprised! This is fantastic.

-Yeah. It's been a while since I had a nice conversation with Kyuhyun, I did miss it. We talked a lot, but he avoided anything about me breaking up with him, or anything that could have hurt him. It makes me feel bad.

-It's a start. When he will be more confortable, you can go into more serious topics. He will probably brought it himself.

 

The cute student smiled even more, with a smile which seemed more true and real than before.

 

-Thank you, Zhou Mi.

-Pleasure. You don't need to thank me everytime.

-I'm just really thankful of your help. I hope it doesn't bother you.

 

At that moment, if he wouldn't have talked about Kyuhyun, it probably would, but since he was happy to hear that Kyuhyun was healing slowly, but surely, enough to talk with his ex-boyfriend, then he was okay with it. Maybe it would go smoothly, without him having to bear the troubles, and he would be able to keep his friendship with Kyuhyun. That would be awesome.

 

Zhou Mi stood up and smiled politely.

 

-I have to go in class.

-I'll go with you, it's near.

 

They walked side by side, without talking much. The medical student didn't know what was going in Sungmin's mind, why he was always going to him to talk about his problems and his worries, but he didn't dare to ask, scared of what he might have as a response. That was kind of stupid of me, what could be so scary of knowing why someone was so conforted, maybe, by his presence, enough to tell him when he had something on his heart? The fear of troubles? Or was it because he didn't want to know how Sungmin was seeing him, like if he could make him realise he was the worst friend ever to Kyuhyun? That was really stupid, actually. It's not like he jumped on Sungmin with the intention of being his friend, he just became it, in a certain way. He was friendly, but only in a polite way, just because he didn't want to hurt anyone. That was the recipe to disaster, but hey...

 

He walked into class, looking at his cellphone. He had a unread text from Kyuhyun. It surprised him, but not really, when he read about him talking to Sungmin again. He was late in giving him the news, but at least he told him. Maybe he had to process it...

 

Or maybe Zhou Mi had forgotten about his cellphone and had received it the day before. He smiled, feeling a little guilty.

 

''That's great! How did it went?''

''You are extremely slow...''

''Sorry...''

''It went great, though I think I'll have to talk seriously with Sungmin about...well, you know''

''Yeah. Happy for you, I was worried you would never get over it.''

''I will...eventually''

 

Zhou Mi smiled and closed his phone, taking a seat in the middle of the class, like usual. Not to far so he could see, but no to close so if he was not listening, he was able to hide it, though he wasn't not paying attention that much. There was to many important things in those classes to not pay attention, though it would happen sometimes that they would review something he knew on his fingertips. Those were enough to make him sleepy, and, well...

 

It was hard not to sleep when he was studying all night long.

 

His books were out, ready to learn, and thanks to his coffee, he may not fall asleep during class. He looked at his cellphone for a while, tempted to open it and text a little, but the teacher entered with a ton of paper under his arm, convincing Zhou Mi it wouldn't be the best idea ever. He could always text later on...

 

He opened his cellphone after class, checking if he had anything new.

 

''Hey, Mi, up for a drink?''

''Yeah sure. Aren't you working, Henry?''

''I just finished. I texted you while being on my break.''

''I'm done with school. Where do I join you?''

''Let's meet in front of your dorm, Kyuhyun and I are already there''

''Yeah, be there in a minute''

 

Of course they were already there, like he would have say no to them. Actually, how would they let him have say no? He walked to the dorm and waved at them when he saw them, waiting under the tree. They almost ran to him, taking him by the arms, and dragging him with them, laughing.

 

-I'm not running away, Zhou Mi said, smiling.

-We are just making sure you won't, answered Henry.

-I'm scared of what you might have planned...

-Don't worry, we are only trying to save you from the dragon, said Kyuhyun, laughing.

-What dragon, asked Henry, confused.

 

Kyuhyun had to stop, cut in half, almost on his knees how much he was laughing. Zhou Mi used that opportunity to get away from the grip of Henry, only to help Kyuhyun to calm down.

 

-Come on, Kui Xian, it's not that funny.

-His face was!

-Hey, said Henry, slightly insulted, though he was faking it.

-Let's go guys before I decide to run away for real.

-Don't you dare, said the two others in the same time.

 

Zhou Mi walked first, laughing.

 

-Follow, then, he said.

 

They went in a bar, in those of those private table in the back of the place, Zhou Mi sitting next to Kyuhyun, Henry in front of them. They had beer in the middle of the table, driking in plastic glasses, talking loudly because of the music. They were talking about Henry's regretful event of having a pissed client trying to break is violin when he got up, saying he had to go to the bathroom. He left, a little unstable on his feet since they had been there for a few hours, leaving the two others silent for a moment before Zhou Mi asked Kyuhyun to talk about his meeting with Sungmin.

 

-I was working at the café again, Kyuhyun started. He came in, like any client would, and...we just started to talk. It was awkward at first, but it went better. We even drank a coffee together, after I was done with my shift. I'm pretty sure he wanted to talk about the break up, probably to explain himself better...but I'm not ready yet.

-That's awesome, at least you aren't stuck in avoiding him the rest of your life.

-I almost hid under the counter again...

 

Zhou Mi pushed him gently, laughing.

 

-Come on! I'm sure there is scarier things in this life than saying ''Hi'' to an ex-boyfriend!

-...Maybe? I don't know, it's still hard, but I'm happy I did it. The pain is not as bad as before. At least I know he didn't hate me when he broke up.

 

Henry came back at that moment, laughing a little to much to think he wasn't a little drunk, sat down and asked what they were talking about. The word ''monster'' wasn't half done in ''About a giant blue and purple monster living in the sky'' that Henry disappeared under the table, laughing so hard it was hard for him to breathe. He was laying on the cushionned bench, making the two others laugh went they heard a ''BAM'' when he fell on the ground.

 

-Maybe we should help him out, said Zhou MI, looking under the table.

-Later, he's having fun now!

-Henry...I think you drank enough for tonight.

 

Zhou Mi stood up and pulled Henry from under the table, trying to get him on his feet. The younger man fell again, still laughing, making him lean forward again. When Zhou Mi turned his head toward Kyuhyun, to have some help, he saw him stare at him, lost in his own world. What was he thinking about?

 

-Kui Xian?

-Unh?

-A little help would be nice.

-Oh yeah, sure.

 

He snapped out of his thoughts and joined Zhou Mi, helping him dragging the overly joyful Henry out of the bar to a bench further away, to help him calm down. He finally stopped laughing, still smiling though, and smiled at his two friends.

 

-'Sup men!

-We're taking you home. Remember, you have to work tomorrow, said Zhou Mi.

-I'm okay! Look, I can stand!

 

He stood up, stayed up, walked two steps and leaned on one side. The medical student grabbed him before he could fall again.

 

-Yeah, sure you can. Forget it, I'm taking you home before you do something stupid. Kui Xian, can you call a cab for me?

-Sure.

 

He called, giving the adress of where they were and waited there until it parked in front of Zhou Mi and Henry, the chinese man putting Henry inside before turning toward Kyuhyun.

 

-I'll go with him, make sure he made it safely. Need a ride?

-No, I don't live that far from here. Text me when you'll be back home, just so I know you made it safely too.

-Yeah sure. See you around.

-See ya.

 

Zhou Mi entered the cab and gave the adress to the driver, waving goodbye at Kyuhyun. He waved back, smiling, and started to walk to his place only when he couldn't see the cab anymore. Zhou Mi texted him later that night to tell him he was back at his dorm, after having put Henry to bed. He wished him goodnight, making Kyuhyun smile. That smile came on his own, he didn't even know why he was smiling.

 

Zhou Mi's caring personnality. He knew that side of him, he just didn't think it would strike him that much that night. He had even been startle when Zhou Mi had stood up, getting a glance of his , perfectly shaped in those tight jeans, and his wide back. He had been staring without really realising he was until Mi's voice had made him realise he was probably looking like an idiot. Well, it wasn't that bad, he could hope he didn't see it much. Last thing he wanted was to look like a idiot in front of him.

 

Though it was hard since his smile was enough to turn his legs into jell-O.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

Did I say that Henry was epic?

Now I did XDD