Confession

How the Day Met the Night

The next friday, while coming back from school, Zhou Mi crossed road with Sungmin, stopped mid-way on his way home. Sungmin smiled and askde him how he was doing. A casual conversation started, on the side of the street, talking about school and the weather. Zhou Mi didn't have time to ask about how things were doing with Kyuhyun that he asked him if he could talk somewhere a little more private.

 

 

-Sure. Got something on your mind, Zhou Mi asked.

-Yeah...

-I'll just have to tell my friend I'll be late, he's probably waiting for me right now.

-Yeah sure, no problem.

 

He texted Henry, which he had plans on watching him practice at his place, like they would do sometimes so Henry would get feedback. He received a answer not long after, his friend asking him what was going on, since Zhou Mi didn't specified why he would be a little late.

 

''Sungmin seems to have something important on his conscience, I'll just listen to him for a while. Sorry for that.''

''Yeah, sure, I'm not totally done at work anyway. See ya later.''

 

Zhou Mi placed his cellphone in his pocket and followed Sungmin in a less populated area, which could also be called the park near the residence.

 

Henry was sitting next to the backstage exit again, with Kyuhyun, sharing a beer. It seemed like the maknae had some things on his mind and needed someone to talk to again. It made Henry a little uncomfortable, knowing how Zhou Mi felt toward Kyuhyun, but he knew his friend wouldn't be happy to hear that he didn't at least listen. There was no need to get involved, it was just two friends having a conversation.

 

-I think Zhou Mi is pissed at me, said Henry, staring at Kyuhyun.

 

His guilty smile grew.

 

-Sorry about that.

-So, what's up, Kui Xian.

-Don't...call me like that...

-Why? Zhou Mi calls you like that all the time.

-He has an excuse. Not you.

 

He felt like it was something just between him and Zhou Mi, the only little thing that was making him feel like he didn't need to be jealous of everyone...Every girl, anyway. Not that he was hanging around a lot of them. He really needed to do something about his feelings.

 

-Alright then, said Henry. What's in your mind?

-Sungmin told me he would confess to someone soon.

-Seriously? Do I know the guy?

-He didn't tell me who it was...but I think I have an idea who it might be.

-Share it with me, man! Who do you think it is?

 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, as if he was sharing the password for a nuclear bomb more than sharing a guess of someone else's crush.

 

-I think...it's Zhou Mi.

 

Henry's eyes became wide, as much as they could, and stared at Kyuhyun.

 

-You are sure?

-It's a guess, Kyuhyun answered. Didn't you say yourself he was often going to see Zhou Mi? I went out with Sungmin, I know what he likes, and I know he likes people who listens, which didn't seemed to be my case.

-That would be...a first.

-A guy confessing to Zhou Mi?

-Yeah. It's usually girls, not guys.

 

He felt a little relieved, and a little stressed out, for no reason. Henry's cellphone decided to ring at that moment, making both of them jump. He smiled as he looked what he had received, answering quickly.

 

-Looks like we'll know soon enough. It was Zhou Mi.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head quickly, a little to interested to be normal. Henry wasn't blind, and that reaction was a little odd for him, but he didn't say anything about it, receiving Zhou Mi's answer.

 

-He and Sungmin are going to talk. Seems like he will be late...That'll be a first.

-Did he say they would talk about what?

-No...I don't think it would work out anyway, If Zhou Mi was really Sungmin's crush, he's really not his type.

-...What?

 

Henry turned his head in his direction, with a blank expression.

 

-Sungmin isn't his type. You didn't know?

-You mean that...

 

The confusion on Kyuhyun's face made Henry as confused. In his head, Kyuhyun knew Zhou Mi was into guys, but at the look of it...and the sudden burst of interest when he talked about Zhou Mi...His confusion went to a sudden blank expression, understanding , finally, that Zhou Mi hadn't say anything. Having a crush on Kyuhyun might not have helped it, probably keeping it for himself so he would not hurt Kyuhyun if his feelings weren't shared. That didn't stop Henry from hitting his forehead with his hand and going suddenly closer to Kyuhyun, taking his collar with both his hands.

 

-Who's your crush?

-Wh...what?

-Who.

 

He lean closer.

 

-Is.

 

He frowned.

 

-Your.

 

He shook Kyuhyun.

 

-Crush!

 

Kyuhyun stayed silent while trying to stop Henry from shaking his head off. He knew he would have to say it one day, so he said it to the musician who let him go and slap his face again. The musician stood up and let go of a yell, with a big smile. That...took off a lot of guilt from his shoulder.

 

-What's going on, Henry?

-Zhou Mi's into guys! It's usually the first thing he says when he meets people, but I don't know why, he didn't do it this time!

-He's...not straight?

-Not at all. For all the times he told me about his adventures...keeping me away from the ''juicy details'', like he says.

-He's not straight...

-I already anwered that, said Henry.

-He's not straight...and Sungmin is confessing.

 

Henry didn't have time to add anything, Kyuhyun was already off. Of course, it didn't take five minutes that he was back, a little shy.

 

-Euhm...I don't know where he is...

-The park, surely. I know a lot of couples that started there.

 

The look Kyuhyun gave him almost made him laugh, but he had to contain himself. Yeah, he was playing with his head a little, he would enjoy telling that to Zhou Mi, while punching him from being such a retard. Keeping something that important to himself, what an idiot...No wonder why his love life was so complicated... Henry smiled. At least there could be an happy ending, for a change.

 

Kyuhyun ran to the park, hiding near where the two men were, talking while walking. He couldn't hear clearly until they were a lot more closer, the conversation shifting to something more important than how Sungmin and Kyuhyun were getting along.

 

-You didn't bring me all the way up here just to talk about your last conversation with Kyuhyun. I know he's a good friend of mine now, but...

-Yeah, you're right, Zhou Mi. There something I have to tell you. Please, let me finish befor you say anything.

-Alright.

 

Zhou Mi stopped walking, Sungmin placing himself in from of the tall man. It was obvious for both Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi that Sungmin would confess. Still, the medical student didn't say anything, like he promised, knowing it how hard it could be to do something like confessing. It took a few seconds before Sungmin gathered the courage to say what he had to say.

 

-I have a crush on you. I know it's hopeless, you probably wouldn't go out with me since I went out with Kyuhyun and broke his heart, and because you probably don't have any interest in guys, so...I just wanted to tell you so I could get over it.

 

There was a silence afterward. Sungmin had his eyes low, blushing, while Zhou Mi was looking up, thinking of a nice way to explain himself. While doing so, he saw Kyuhyun hidden, making him blush, his thoughts suddenly confused. Why was he there? Zhou Mi shook his head and smiled. It was now or never, and Sungmin deserved an answer.

 

-I'm sorry I can't share your feelings. You are wrong on one thing, though.

-Uhn?

-I'm into guys, actually.

 

Zhou Mi seemed to be looking around, searching for his words as Sungmin was staring at him with the look of a dead fish, a blank stare. He was actually enjoying the same look on Kyuhyun's face. Well yeah, Kyuhyun knew it already, though Zhou Mi didn't know, but hearing it from Zhou Mi's mouth had even more impact.

 

-Thing is, continued Zhou Mi, you're not really my type.

-Oh...What...is your type, then?

 

Zhou Mi was enjoying this moment.

 

-Well...probably the evil, selfish, childish, spoiled and insecure type.

 

Sungmin blinked, unable to understand how he could like that type of person, but he soon realised he was talking about someone in particular. He smiled and nodded. He knew he had no chance against the charismatic Kyuhyun, because he could guess that was who he was talking about. Zhou Mi wasn't done, though, and as he lowered his eyes on Sungmin, he smiled.

 

-He's still the most charming person I have ever met.

-Yeah...I hope you have more luck than me.

-I hope you will found the one who will be good to you.

-Thank you.

 

Sungmin walked away, passing by Zhou Mi, still sad, but not as hurt he though he would be. Zhou Mi walked in the other direction, acting as he didn't see Kyuhyun until he reach the small bathroom building, being where Kyuhyun was hiding.

 

-You can come out now, Kui Xian.

-...I wasn't subtle enough?

-I don't know, maybe having your head out didn't help you.

 

Zhou Mi smiled. He was surprised of how calm he was around Kyuhyun, he though he would be blushing his life out.

 

-...Who's the guy, asked Kyuhyun, trying not to look to curious.

-What?

-Your...crush, who is it?

 

...Seriously? It was kind of obvious.

 

-Do I know him, asked the maknae.

-Maybe.

 

The maknae stopped, hit by what he though was a revelation.

 

-Not...Henry?

-Not at all.

 

The sigh of relief made Zhou Mi confused. Why did he care so much...He couldn't...no, that was impossible, Kyuhyun couldn't...

 

-Tell me! I'll keep it for myself.

-...I'll let you guess. Call me once you find out, I have to meet up with Henry.

-That's unfair!

 

Zhou Mi left, his heart beating so fast he put a hand againt it, wondering if he might not die right there from too much emotions. He still smiled. Maybe he was giving himself false hopes, and if Henry knew anything, he wouldn't say a word, but it still made him extremely happy.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

Zhou Mi......you spent too much time with those two evil guys...X33