The Dragon

How the Day Met the Night

He met Sungmin again, but without Kyuhyun, this time. Mi was drinking some coffee at a table of the café near his university with Henry, talking about school and stuff, since it had started again. The musician saw someone coming their way, but didn't say anything, since they didn't really hang out with anyone else and because he thought that person was just another client, but he had a more and more confused look on his face when he realise that guy was really coming their way, looking at Zhou Mi with a worried look.

 

 

-Hey, Mi, I think someone is coming for you.

-Who?

 

He felt someone touching his shoulder. Mi turned around, recognised the ex-boyfriend of his new friend and tried to smile with a natural look, which only half worked.

 

-Sorry to bother you, ehm...

-It's okay...Sungmin?

-Yah.

-If you are here to ask me if I told Kui Xian, I did.

-Really?

 

His look became sad. He probably understood that hix ex-lover didn't really want to see him for the moment. He was about to turn around and go back when Zhou Mi stood up, feeling a little bad for him, though he still didn't understand why he broke up with a guy as nice as Kyuhyun.

 

-If it's really important, I can give him the message, Mi said.

-Thank you, but I'll try to contact him on my own.

 

Sungmin walked away.

 

-Who is that, asked Henry who had been silent all that time.

 

Zhou Mi sat down and grabbed his coffee cup with both his hands.

 

-Ex-boyfriend of Kui Xian.

-Wait...Kui Xian is gay?

-No, he is a transgender...What do you think, genius?

 

Henry took a fake offended look, his hand on his chest, his mouth wide open. He then started to laugh with his friend, drinking some of his own coffee.

 

-Does Kui Xian knows you are gay too?

-...No, I don't think he does. It didn't cross my mind to tell him yet.

-You didn't think of saying to a guy you found your type that he is? It's usually not the kind of thing you do, Mi, you are not really secretive with that fact, unless it is your parents.

-It just didn't cross my mind. I'll tell him soon enough.

-Alright...I can't believe you got caught in another love drama...again.

-As long as Kui Xian doesn't fall for me, I'm okay. I don't want history to repeat itself again. I'll help him with his broken heart and stay his friend. It's better that way, for him, and for me.

 

He drink some of his coffee again.

 

-Though, I'm saying that, but guys are usually less complicated than girls, and I would not say no having him in my bed.

-Mi, I really don't need the details...

-Really?

 

Henry facepalmed, then started to laugh.

 

-This is revenge for all the times I talked about girls, right?

-No, I was just joking around. Unlike me, you didn't try both.

-Both what?

-Gender.

 

Henry facepalmed again.

 

-You are easy to make react, Henry.

 

He smiled.

 

-Let's forget this conversation, said the Canadian, almost depressed. Tell me about that new love drama.

-Alright, if you insist.

 

Zhou Mi explained what he could make out of this love story, how those two met and broke up. There wasn't much to say since he didn't know much. He only knew Sungmin was trying to contact Kyuhyun and the maknea didn't want to face him now. The reason why Sungmin broke up felt weird to the chinese man, but he didn't dare saying it to Kyuhyun. Maybe was it because Sungmin was kind of desparate to contact him again? He just hoped things would end up nicely, without him being caught in the middle again.

 

-That's it?

-Yah. Kui Xian isn't talking a lot about it. I'm actually curious, for once, to know how it's going to end. I still hope it won't get me again.

-Don't worry, Mi. You're not that unlucky!

 

Henry looked at his watch and smiled.

 

-I think I should go and practice. I have a concert soon, I better be ready.

-Okay. Go ahead, I'll stay and finish my coffee before going back to the dorm. I do have homeworks to do too.

-Alright! See you around, and let's hope everything will be fine for Kui Xian!

-Yah, let's hope!

 

Henry stood up, waved goodbye and walked away, putting his headphones on his head. Zhou Mi only looked at him walk away and drank some more of his coffee. The warm liquid was going down his throat, waking him up as it was warming him up, his mind lost in his thoughts again. Now that he was thinking about it, he still didn't know much about Kyuhyun, no as much as he wished he knew, mostly when it was concerning his ex-boyfriend. Was it because he wasn't harrased by his new friend with his love life that he was more curious than before, or was it because it was a story he could relate to, since he was a guy who was dating guys? He didn't know, but he knew he was way more interessed in the situation than any love drama he had been caught into. He just hoped it would end well.

 

It took him a while to realise he had no more coffee and was basicaly eating the edge of his cup, lost in his mind. He stopped, pushing the cup away, and sigh. Seems like it was time to do some homework. He stood up, his paper cup in his hand and walked for the trash can when he felt something under his foot. He lift his foot, wondering what it was, a little scared of what it could be, and felt relieved when he saw a set of keys. He was relieved, yes, but he felt a little bad for the owner of those keys, since it wasn't his.

 

The keys had the access card for the dorm of his university attached to it. He knew it since the card was inside a plastic protector with his university's name on it, which was givin only to those living in the dorm. He took he set of keys and put them in his bag. He was going back anyway, so at least he could give it to the head office and they could found the person in question. He walked back to the dorm, which wasn't that far away, throwing his cup in the trash can on his way. It was half eaten anyway...

 

There was someone at the front desk, begging for something. He looked worried, even though Zhou Mi was only able to see his back. He walked to the desk, the keys he had found in his hand.

 

-Please wait a second, said the man at the front office before turning his head in Mi's direction. Can I help you?

-I found...

-My keys, said the person next to him, a big smile on his face.

 

He grabbed them, in a much happier mood now.

 

-I told you everything was going to be fine, said the man sitting behind the glass, no emotion in his voice.

-Thank you...

 

The happy student and the chinese man both froze, staring at each other under the wondering eyes of the office man.

 

-Oh, Sungmin-ah. I didn't know you were living here.

 

He smiled and slightly bow. That was kind of unexpected...

 

-I have to go, have a nice day.

 

He turned around and walked toward the elevator, losing his smile. He actually thought Sungmin was younger than Kyuhyun, probably because of his cute face, he never thought he was in the same university, in the same dorm as him. That was going to be a small problem...Don't worry about it, he thought. It's not like I had anything to do with his relationship with Kui Xian anyway...I hope. He took the stairs, just to be sure he wouldn't be caught in the elevator with Sungmin. It was awkward enough like this, no need to make it worse by being in a small room, alone with that guy.

 

That was really more than he had bargain for. He almost wished Kyuhyun had been a girl, it would have save him some troubles. He wasn't really thinking that way, though, he already thought of Kyu as a close friend. He went in his room, a little breathless because he had almost run up the stairs, locked the door and walked toward his desk, throwing his bag next to his bed. He opened his computer, stared at the screen for some time before opening the videogame. He had to ask something to Kyuhyun, and since he was always on that game...

 

''KingTàyáng, I thought a dragon had slayed you, it's been so long since you connected''

''No, but it might if I stay to long, it is watching me with anger''

 

The dragon was a nickname they gave to Zhou Mi's homework.

 

''Have some time before it goes after you, my King?''

''I have, but not that much. I was wondering about something.''

''What is on your mind?''

''How old are you?''

 

Silence.

 

''I didn't tell you? I thought I did'' answered Kyuhyun.

''I don't remember you saying it''

''I'm 19 years old. Now your turn, how old are you?''

''20''

 

So Kyuhyun was nineteen. Last year of Cégep, probably. The same age as Henry, since that genius had skipped a year...the word genius was probably to much, but anyway. So Sungmin was his age, then? Or was he older? That was confusing, he really thought Kyuhyun was at least twenty, maybe even older than him, and Sungmin was younger. It wasn't a bad thing, he just had to reconsider his ability to judge other's age.

 

''One last thing I want to ask before slaying the dragon.''

''What is on your mind, my King?''

''Should I call you Milady or find you another nickname? You are a guy, after all...''

''I am still a girl in the game. Just don't start calling me milady in public, it would be plain weird''

''Alright. I'll try not to''

''Try, I dare you! I can assure you you will regret it!''

''We'll see. I have to go, the dragon is about to slay me''

''See you soon!''

 

He disconnected. Zhou Mi didn't have enough courage to tell Kyuhyun his ex-boyfriend was leaving in the same dorm as him. He didn't know why he didn't tell him. Was it because he was scared that he would be sad? Or was it because he didn't want him to know he had seen him again? He'll tell him next time, there was no reason for him to not tell him.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

Sup

I have time to write right now so.......I'll be doing the ty parts XDD

(It's gonna be in a while~~)