Friday, I'm in love

Of Bubble Teas & Lectures

Friday;  I'm in love

 

  

 

 

Krystal Jung is the perfect poster image for 'indifferent'.

 

She walks around with her head held high and a certain grace surrounds her like a blanket of protection. Not to mention that she's also a four-dimentional contradiction.

 

Every Monday, she'd grumpily stomp down the campus hallways; with balled fists, dark rings resting below her eyes, and an aura that screams 'don't talk to me today'. And for some reason, it works and no one coverses with her during this day [unless they're asking for a punch--something that Krystal would be more than glad to hand out]. 

 

Tuesday; she's completely harmless. Her hair won't stick out in every direction possible anymore and she might even drift pass you; making you turn your head to savor the ice mint of her perfume that clings to the fabric of her loose shirt. During Tuesdays, she might even be kind enough to share her textbook when Sehun forgets to bring his at home. 

 

Wednesdays make her lose hope once more. Her shoulders would scoop down and no one would be able to look at her clearly seeing as how her nose would be buried between the yellow pages of her thick history book. Chances are, she'd snarl if someone bothers her or does as much as breath in her direction. 

 

Thursdays are the worst. Sehun thinks that it must be because Thursdays are close to Friday--the pre-freedom day. Unlike her bad days, she won't snap or glare at you, she simply won't attend classes that day--or if she does, she'd be two or three periods late. It's something that she gets called out a lot for but after years of trying; professors finally gave up on her ever having perfect attendance on Thursdays. 

 

Come Friday and she'd be a totally different person. Deep, hearty chuckles emanating from her system can be heard a good meter away. Eyes would sparkle and strands of her hair will turn red in the sunlight. Maybe she deep-conditions her hair or applies a face mask the night before or any other shindig that ladies seem to do; nevertheless, Sehun still can't decipher the abrupt change in her during Fridays. 

 

When Saturday shimmies around the corner, Krystal welcomes it with a smile. She'd be incredibly touchy and she's prone to engulfing the first person that she'd see in her arms. Sehun is a primary victim of her firm bear-hugs and being the clumsy, fanboy that he is; he'd be a heaving, red mess once she lets go. 

 

Sundays are the only days when she'd seem normal. Just the perfect count of touchy, the perfect scoop of funny, the perfect pinch of grumpy and the perfect amount of lovely. Sunday is the compilation of all her quirks; making the people around her cross their fingers behind their back and hope that Sundays won't end.

 

Everyone around her had already been accustomed to her daily mood swings. Some of them like her during her good days. Most of them wish that she'd snap out of it on Wednesdays. Others just ignore her every Thursday.

 

 

And on the right corner, you have Oh Sehun who falls in love with Krystal Jung from Monday to Sunday with a love that never falters.

 

 

------

 

Like everyone else in the history of forever who has fallen in love; Sehun didn't knew what hit him until one stormy night when he and Krystal were supposed to have a movie marathon. They were snuggling the warmth out of Krystal's duck-patterned comforter with their hands gripping mugs of hot chocolate as if their lives depended on it. They were sixteen then and had the whole world ahead of them. 

 

It's one of those times when you don't realize what it is until it hits you right across the face like an ogre's slap. The ogre slap came to Sehun when Krystal mindlessly leaned her head against his chest and Sehun responded by running his hand through her hair. He had stopped halfway when a thought struck him like lightning.   Sehun was bolting out of the door before Krystal could yell out 'What the fudge, Sehun'. Her cry was loud enough to alert anyone within hearing range and Sehun was careless enough to run out of the building and into the cold downpour of rain. 

 

He didn't mean to be rude by suddenly running off but he also didn't mean to be surprised when he had suddenly envisioned braiding Krystal's hair in intricate patterns just as his own is turning gray. He didn't mean to imagine coming home to her after a long hard day at work; and he also didn't mean to find that comfortable and natural. 

 

No sir, Sehun didn't mean to realize that he is and had been, in love with her for quite some time now. 

 

 

------

 

"I don't know, Thehn." Krystal shrugs, eyes fixed on the canvass in front of her. "Maybe she's your brother's girlfriend." 

 

"But, stone! My brother never had a girlfriend in his entire life and if he did; I'm sure that I'll be the first person he'll talk to." Sehun huffs and crosses his arms in front of him rather childishly. Krystal stops mixing colors for a second before rolling her eyes as she finally gets her best friend's drift. 

 

"So this is what your girly rant is about; you feel like your brother is keeping secrets from you." 

 

"You know me so well." Sehun dramatically places a hand over his heart and blows her a flying kiss to which Krystal pretends to catch in her hand before giving him the finger.

 

"Oh look thehn, your kiss gave my middle finger a ." Krystal resumes painting, turning her back to Sehun who keeps on watching her paint as if it's the most enchanting thing in the world. 

 

It's a bright sunny day. Outside, the sun is peeking through light clouds; birds make brief appearances, seeming as though they were chasing something invisible in the sky. If you look down below Krystal's window, the happy faces of kids holding on to the hem of their parent's shirt will greet you like a kiss and remind you that the world is indeed beautiful and nothing hurts.

 

Of course, on bright days such as today; Sehun and Krystal delights by locking theirselves in a roomful of books with faded pages and walls so white they look like they belong in hospitals. "I'm serious, stone. Do you think that she's my brother's girlfriend? I mean, I just caught him driving her home after he stood me up." 

 

Sehun looks up from the notebook he had started to sketch on when Krystal didn't reply for a while. A second later, something hits his face. Sehun flinch and looks down to his lap. She's thrown him a small packet of M&M's. "Here's a chocolate to saturate your bitterness. Calm yo weave, thehn. I'm sure that she just might be a friend or something. Last time I checked, you're his brother, not his frivolous gay love interest." 

 

"Wow, your sass is so comforting."  The mousy, hazelnut-colored hair boy bites. He throws the pack of M&M's back. "I don't eat carbs." 

 

Krystal replies by taking on a black-american accent and flipping her hair dramatically over her shoulder. "Respect thy sass, you peasant." And it takes him by surprise. Sehun blinks and he hears the pause between his heartbeat just as Krystal's hair turns red under the sunlight from her uncurtained windows. Her smile and the flash of her perfect teeth catches him off guard and it doesn't help the bursting feeling in the organ he calls his heart. When Krystal finally gets back to her painting and sit Indian-style on the wooden floor, he has to remind himself to breath.

 

"Whatever," Sehun murmurs, swallowing back love.

 

 

------

 

"Why are we here again?" Yoona asks for the fourth time, absent-mindedly stirring her coffee. The irritating clang of metal against marble makes Tao's left eye twitch in absolute annoyance. He looks around the small cafe he had dragged Yoona in and tries to give himself a mini-pep talk before replying. Relax, you need to be understanding. She's just gone through something big and ignorance might be her way of defending herself. Be understanding.

 

"Because I need to drag your sorry little away from Mr. Luhan's house for a while. We need some bff time. You need some time to breath, after all." he explains calmly. Something is a bit off with Yoona today and it makes Tao jumpy.  

 

Thankfully, a waitress approaches their table and Yoona hands her cup to be refilled. Tao does the same but instead of the warm smile their server showed Yoona, her fingers linger on Tao's hands a little bit too longer than necessary before secreting a flirty wink and sashaying away from where they were seated. 

 

"I think she likes you." Yoona comments.

 

Tao rolls his eyes to the heavens. "Thank you because I'm gay, not blind."

 

She lifts the plate containing a slice of chocolate cake and shoves it against Zitao's face.

 

------

 

 


 

[a/n: just a little break from the heaviness of LuYoon moments. here's something light and a little sample for those who waited patiently for sestal  (:oh & the title obviously came from the cure's -- Friday I'm in love. My chapter titles are getting more random. Oh well. & why do I always include a painter in my stories /dead/

Oh and thehn is..  thehn is like ten with a very soft h. you get my drift (;

I WANT TO CRY BC KHALIL FONG IS PERFECT AND WHY HAVE NONE OF YOU PEASANTS EVER TOLD ME OF THIS WONDERFUL PERFECTION'S EXISTANCE?!!!!

Oh & hugs & buttsecs to whoever could tell me why its 'thehn' and 'stone' (: it's a no-brainer, tbqh I love you! thanks for the support (;]