Chapter Three

Of Bubble Teas & Lectures

             I was thinking about the remains of his spicy kimchi all over my socks, by the way.          

                  (x) Shinhwa - The Return [full album] 

~ ~ ~

"Lulu! I now know why you're Chinese." Yoona breaks the silence surrounding them inside the classroom and Luhan heaves a sigh once more. 

"I'm Chinese because my parents are Chinese." He states matter-of-factly and Yoona shakes her head in disapproval. 

"No, you're Chinese because you make my everything." that familiar grin resurfaces and Luhan looks away from Yoona's glare. He doesn't mind her random pick-up lines but he does mind the heat creeping up to his neck and cheeks when she tells him that bluntly. 

"Don't you run out of pick-up lines, Miss Im?" he asks curiously and walks over to the window to admire the school grounds. 

"No, I don't. My name is Yoona, you don't have to be so formal since it's just the two of us. Relax." To further emphasize her point, Yoona spreads her arms wide and deliberately looks at the empty classroom they're in because of one of Yoona's infamous detentions. Usually, she'd just skip detention and get a lengthy sermon from a teacher the next day and do it all over again. But once she found out that Luhan would be the one looking after her today, Yoona had sprinted out of her classroom to his room the second the bell for dismissal rang; thinking that getting detention now wouldn't be so bad. Luhan is there and wherever Luhan is, there Yoona would be; sprouting random lines and out-of-the-world questions. 

"That's why I can't relax, because it's just the two of us." Luhan admits rather harshly and Yoona decides to let this one go just because everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Not that it would stop her, just for now. Yoona squirms in her seat, gazing at Luhan who is now sitting on his chair and getting engrossed in a book. She stands up and tries to shake off the feeling that something is off with Luhan today. Instead of brushing her off like he always does, Luhan had let her carry on with her string of shy smiles and sneaky glances. Something about his indifference today bothers her. 

Yoona looks around, trying to do something to pass time by and failing as her eyes keeps on darting over to where Luhan is, almost as if he's the opposite that Yoona can't help but get attracted to. The top two buttons of Luhan's shirt are undone, his hair is swept back as if he's been running a hand through it a couple of times, there's a deep dent between his eyebrows and his eyes are creased with worry; Yoona registers all these things and she can't help but approach him. The words are you okay are at the tip of her tongue but she stops herself because; clearly Luhan is not okay. 

So she props herself up on the chair in front of Luhan and starts to recount a random tale. It seems pretty unrelated but she feels comfortable talking to him about this. Well, it's okay if he won't talk, she knows that he's going to be unable to stop listening anyway. "Lulu, whose your best friend?"

"My brother, Sehun." he takes her by surprise with his answer, Yoona never thought that he would actually talk to her. This is a lot better than the thin air that Yoona was expecting to converse with. 

A streak of sunlight streams from the window of the small classroom, transforming everything inside from white to gold. Yoona starts to talk. "Mine is Tao and everyone knows that. Anyway, there was this time when we were Sophomores when Tao suffered from a terrible heartbreak. He was a wreck, wouldn't eat for days and everything. One day, I decided that it's enough so I dragged his depressed out and somehow, we ended up drunk along the street where Chanyeol lives. Chanyeol was his ex-boyfriend by then." 

She grins a bit sheepishly and continues. "You know what would happen if me and Tao are drunk. We egged Chanyeol's car so hard it left tons of scratches and damages on the paint and mirrors. Our fun drastically scooped to an all-time-low when Tao began to cry. He's always been this mushy and soft guy inside. Anyway, I let him cry and howl on the ground and I listened to all of his perpetual ramblings of his and Chanyeol's moments together. It is crazy but it was only when Tao vomited on my shoes when I realized that every single one of us holds something inside and it isn't until you let it out in some way when you'll decipher the depth of everyone's feelings. I was thinking about the remains of his spicy kimchi all over my socks, by the way. But I guess that you can also apply this to real life." 

Her witty humor amused him and Luhan laughs, his head slightly thrown back. He stops laughing when Yoona smiles at him and he knows that it would be something that he'd remember forever. It wasn't a very special smile, but Luhan thinks that underneath the sun's radiance that alters the tint of her brown hair a shade lighter and the obvious appearance of her prominent cheekbones underneath her glistening eyes; that Im Yoona is beautiful. He had always thought she's pretty but it's only now when he unravels it thoroughly.  

"So Lulu, if you've got a bit of problems or stuff that are bothering you; I'm here if you need a sock to throw up on." Once more, her lips tilt upward to a smile and she holds up her finger to indicate the time on the clock. Her detention's over. He dismisses her with a grateful smile. 

~ ~ ~

The following days, Luhan notices Yoona and the graceful way in which she moves. In the middle of one of his lectures, he'd catch himself looking at Yoona discreetly (of course) and she'd always be smiling or laughing with whoever is sitting right beside her. 

Ever since the 'spicy kimchi' story, Luhan can't help but associate her with a ray of sunlight. She's just like that, bringing sunshine and bright smiles to anyone she sees and talks to. Like light, she's contagious. He shakes his head, trying to get her straight white teeth out of his mind in order to concentrate on his lecture notes. 

Piles of paper inked with his student's homework (which involved them having to write their thoughts about their favorite song and express their thoughts about the lyrics ) are stacked on his desk, waiting for his eyes to read and mind to understand before checking them with a red sign pen. Luhan likes to give out homeworks like these instead of the usual book reports; he thinks that his students will actively engage themselves when they're doing something they actually like. With a final strech of both his arms and a sip of coffee he's been keeping atop his desk, Luhan starts to read. 

When he's halfway through all the papers, his ears apprehend a soft yet high-pitched wail. Luhan looks up from what he's reading and starts to observe his surroundings because he's the only one here and it's almost late so no one should be here anymore. It isn't until he hears another sound that sounds like a mix between a wail and a cat's screetch when he stands up to locate the source of the sound.  

As he gets closer to the sound, his footfalls soft against the marble floor; he feels like Harry Potter during the time he hears the hissing of the basilik that lead him to Mrs. Norris. Although the modern and conventional interiors of the campus are nothing like the old and wooden cobble steps of Hogwarts, Luhan can't help but feel excited about the comparison.

However, his enthusiasm dies down as he walks to the hallway to find a mass of dark-rbown hair tied into a messy bun sticking out of one of the lockers. Curiously, he makes his way towards the wailing figure because what kind of idiot would manage to get themselves stuck in a locker. When his eyes take in the oh-so-familiar slim physique of Miss Im Yoona, Luhan finds his answer. Figures. 

Upon seeing Luhan, Yoona grins nervously. Luhan simply nods; making Yoona's left eyebrow raise in challenge. "Hello, Lulu! Uhm, if you didn't notice; I'm sort of stuck in here."

"I can see that," His eyes dart to the tight sides of the locker and Yoona's straining body, as if she's holding it away from her. She breathes out heavily, her cheeks stained with red and her temples dotted with beads of sweat.

"Aren't you going to help me?"

"Why would I?"

"Because I'm pretty, that's why."  she retorns with a roll of her eyes. "But seriously, help me out, please Lulu?" 

"How did you end up there, anyway?" Luhan rolls his long sleeves up to his elbow and even in this kind of situation, Yoona doesn't fail to appreciate his lean forearms.

"I'll tell you, just help me out first."

Without another word, Luhan shoves the side of the metal locker with all his might, allowing enough space for Yoona to squirm out. Her legs are now halfway out but her torso and head are still inside, causing Luhan to lean forward until their faces are inches apart. Luhan struggles to push the walls beside her away but Yoona could only notice the look of excruciating effort on his eyes and taut jaws; not to mention the gust of evergreen emanting from Xi Luhan's body. For some unknown reason, he carries an evergreen scent and Yoona wonders what kind of magic it is. She's sure that no perfume smells like that; heck perfumes aren't supposed to smell like that.

As Luhan successfully pulls her out of the locker, Yoona had established her favorite aroma in the whole universe. 

Luhan's evergreen scent that reminds her of misty pine trees and cool valley air. 

~ ~ ~

"So why were you stuck in there?" Luhan asks when Yoona is calmly seated on his desk. 

Yoona picks up a random piece of paper and her fingers start to fiddle with its edges. She's thinking of a way to explain it to Luhan without having to sound stupid. "Tao, Key, Sulli and I were over the middle school block and we were goofing around with a couple of kids. Key suggested that we play hide and seek just for the heck of it and then I ran to the teacher's block and hid in that tiny locker, thinking that I was probably a genius for having a brilliant idea like that."

She laughs nervously, jumping off his desk. "Turns out I've fallen asleep and it's already late and stuff and no one found me. To make matters worse, I didn't bring my bag with me. It's on the other side of the campus. Then I realized that I'm stuck and started wailing and then you came and went all Captain America on me." 

"What's that?" His interest is pitqued when he sees a bluish-purple bruise on her hip. Yoona looks down pulls the hem of her loose tank top down to cover the spot. Her teeth grazes over her lower lip and she avoids his searching eyes.

"It's nothing. Just a clumsy bump." She stutters then suddenly grins at him. "Hey, Lulu; before I go let me tell you your fortune!" 

Her feet immediately shuffles towards him and she gently takes his right hand and ask him to close his eyes. With Luhan's eyes closed, Yoona takes a pen from the back pocket of her jeans and scribbles her phone number. She lets go and grins when Luhan opens his eyes.

"Your future is clear." She winks at him playfully before waltzing out of his office. 

Luhan stares at the string of numbers inked on his palm; wondering what the actual .

~ ~ ~

 

 


 

[a/n: Sup! Sorry if the previous chapter was a bit .. .  off. Let's compensate it for this one (:  thanks Google for the onslaught of pick up lines /gross sobbing/ and thanks for everyone who subscribed / commented    /sobs on your shirt and wipes snot/ I really appreciate it & I hope that you'll look forward to the future updates. This chapter was a bit chill (considering that the previous one was all dark). Okay let's clear something up. In this story:

Luhan - 24 years old - An English teacher

Kris- 23 - Yoona & Tao's Home room  /  biology teacher

Yoona - 17 - On her senior year

Tao - 17 - Yoong's classmate / best friend - He's also gay just so you know but he used to have a crush on Yoong before Krisssus.

Sehun - 19 - A college student - you'll meet him latteeer.

Krystal - 18 - Sehun's love interest & Luhan's neighbor.

Changmin - 18 - Yoona's ex

Jaejoong - 32 [OTL] - school's vice principal

More characters [you'll see them in the future updates I won't mention their roles just their ages]

Jonghyun [cnblue] - 17

Seohyun - 23

Jonghyun & key - 25 / 26 - Two policemen ok.

So yeah. I think I'll add more but that's all for now (: