Favors shouldn't be taken lightly.

Of Bubble Teas & Lectures

 

"Lulu, your dad must be a thief!" The doe eyed girl yells, hands on her hips as she enters the English classroom.
 
In that monotonous tone, Xi Luhan replies. "No, he isn't. My father is a respectable accountant. I'm very sure that he has done no theft in his whole life. Miss Im, it's not good to accuse other people without concrete evidence. And can you please stop calling me Lulu? I'm your English teacher."
 
Shifting her leather messenger bag on her shoulders, Yoona glides across the room and jumps when she reaches Luhan. Her eyes are twinkling with obvious mischief, something that Luhan had learned to avoid after a few months. "No, I have evidence. I'm sure your dad must be a thief!"
 
Heads turn as Luhan raises his voice. "I told you, he isn't! Why are you calling him a thief, anyways?"
 
"Because he stole the stars from the skies and put them in your eyes!" She states, grinning manically. Everyone around the room witnesses Luhan's pale cheeks blossom into a bright shade of pink. He turns back and pretends to fix his glasses, although Yoona knows that it doesn't need any adjusting. He waves Yoona off and Yoona, being the Xi-Luhan-addict that she is; had attempted to blow one kiss in his direction before sitting down on the wooden chair.
 
Everyone laughs as Yoona continues scrutinizing their English professor while writing down their lecture notes. Her avid fascination about Mr. Xi isn't a secret around the school, Im Yoona is beautiful, talented, a bit crazy and when  Mr. Xi had started to teach in their school about four months ago, Im Yoona developed a school-girl crush on the young professor.
 
His looks had caught her eye and his indifference towards anything that doesn't involve English intrigued her. Without even trying to, Xi Luhan had lured Yoona in since day one. Of course; with her corny pick up lines and childish remarks, she made it quite obvious to him that she wanted him.
 
When everyone seemed to be fully seated, Xi Luhan clears his throat and begins with the lecture. Yoona hears but doesn't listen. She thinks she has already understood it, anyway. Her eyes dart towards Luhan's pale hands and she thinks that he has pianist fingers--long and thin. Luhan waves his hand slightly to emphasize his point and Yoona wonders what it would be like if he played the piano. Yoona drifts off in her mind's eye and she pictures Luhan playing the piano almost gracefully. An idiotic grin makes its way to her face as she imagines Luhan smiling at her while playing a silly rhyme.
 
"Miss Im!" He clears his throat and bends down to Yoona's  face. She opens her eyes, that idiotic grin still on her face without even a hint of retribution. "We're in the middle of the class. If you don't want to listen, the door is open."
 
"No," she peers over his shoulder. "It's closed."
 
"It won't be once I push you out of the class for answering back to me."
 
"Well, you were talking to me,"she quips "Isn't it rude to not reply to a teacher who is talking to you?"
 
"It's not as much as talking back to them."
 
"You've just contradicted yourself, Lulu baby." She leans back against her chair and winks at him playfully. The honey haired man simply sighs in defeat; there was no way around Miss Im Yoona. Luhan decides to continue his lecture about formal letters, all the while trying to look at anything but Yoona. Sometimes, she unnerves him.
 
 
--------------
 
 
Four days later and Yoona is bent over one of the school's computer, watching a CCTV video of her and Tao sneaking hens into the school's hallway. The date below the footage tells her it's 11 in the evening on Saturday when she and Tao had swaggered and broke into the school with a metal wire of a cage filled with six hens. She bites her lower lip in embarrassment as the video footage of her had captured her talking with the hens before chasing them down classrooms and corridors yelling "Come mommy chicken! Oh, you beautiful creatures!"
 
"Miss Im, what can you say about your very imprudent behavior inside the school property?" Their vice principal Jaejoong tilts his head to the side and glares at the uncaring Yoona.
 
"Well," her eyes dart to the computer screen "I look hot when I'm drunk." 
 
A vein snaps in Kim Jaejoong and he clenches his jaw. "That's it, Miss Im. This is your senior year of high school and I've tolerated you since freshmen year. I didn't even do anything to punish you when you covered the bulletin board with embarrassing pictures of Changmin when the two of you broke up or even when you and Tao sneaked a video of the cafeteria lady and Mr. Wu Fan doing the deed. The point is, I've already excused you enough these past years and I came up with a way to at least knock some sense into your smart brain. You're a very smart girl, Yoona judging by your academic performance but unfortunately, you never seem to make the right choice when it comes to life."
 
She straightens her back and looks at him directly "I am Im Yoona. I never do the right thing."
 
"Which is why I think it would be a brilliant idea to have a teacher look after you. It will be great and I'm sure that having someone to talk to could at least you in your . . . ..  Rebellious stage."
 
"I can talk to Tao. We're friends."
 
"That Tao kid is nice but what I meant is that you need adult supervision. Yoong," his voice takes a much more gentle tone and Yoona hates it when Jaejoong talks at her with that voice. "You really shouldn't just shut everyone out and live in your own world. Move on."
 
"I can't." She nearly croaks out. Something about this particular topic always makes her feel vulnerable and prone to tears. Her eyes diverts from Jaejoong's glare. "Don't worry about me, I can move on from mom's death one day. Just not right now."
 
She hopes that it is enough for Jaejoong as she unmercifully bolts out of his office, a dam of tears threatening to fall. 
 
------------
 
 
Xi Luhan thinks that he might as well start wearing a sign over his forehead that says 'Xi Luhan, at your service.'
 
It's like he's a Good Samaritan, always helping out whenever someone needs help. Unfortunately, it's not something that he can control in himself. When the opportunity shows itself, Luhan doesn't waste anymore time and jumps to volunteer. He's been doing the same tedious task for twenty four years now and he can't stop it-- it's as natural to him as breathing now.
 
Which was why when Kim Jaejoong--the vice principal at the school that he's working in--asked him for a favor, he was more than eager to help without even further diving into the details. The look of absolute relief on Jaejoong's face and the string of heartfelt thank you's from him reminds Luhan why he doesn't want to stop helping people. 
 
There's something beautiful in being able to ease a heavy load off someone's shoulders. 
 
Too bad that Luhan has rushed it this time. Regrets come in the end and Luhan is just about to realize a bitter epiphany once he sees who it is that Jaejoong wants him to take care of for the whole year.
 
 
 

 

(A/n:I have decided to make it into a chaptered fic rather than a one shot bc I got a new idea and grrrr I have already organized the plot so the flow would already be planned and everything and I hope you'll look forward to the future updates! Btw, this chapter is more of like just an introduction of what they're like and how they're connected. The real story will unfold after two or more chapters (: before anything else, I'll update this one and then monochrome (: )