The first step into making something come true, is believing that it will.

Of Bubble Teas & Lectures

The first step into making something come true, 

                                                        is believing that it will.

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Underneath the city’s fluorescent lights, the honey-haired man by the name of Xi Luhan struggles with half of Im Yoona’s weight. He tries his best to not belch at her vile stench while supporting her unsteady frame to the direction of his car. In his arms, Yoona tightens her grip and he wonders what he’s done in his past life to deserve something like this.

 

“Here, sit down.” upon arriving to his car and opening it, he hurriedly shoves Yoona in the front seat. When he reaches over to secure the seat belt on her, she shifts lazily. Luhan acknowledges the pattern of aligned bruises and cuts on her arms and it strikes him that despite her bright demeanor, there are things that she keeps hidden, too. Absent-mindedly, his fingers trace the outlines of the bluish spots, feeling sicker by each second. He presses a finger against her collarbone, making Yoona pop her eyes open in alarm; looking so frightened and sickened it worried him.

 

Doe-like orbs hold his eyes and Luhan unconsciously leans back to create a gap between them. Sharp intakes of breath, fleeting glances and hesitant smiles pass before Yoona shifts in the chair and rests her forehead against the crook of Luhan’s neck.

 

This part of the city at night is serene. Overhead, a lamp post lightens everything underneath it; pedestrians’ footfalls slosh through the wet concrete road, side-by-side, cars are parked horizontally and right in the middle of this picture-perfect setting is a twenty-four year old patting his student’s head. Red blotches that can only be classified as a blush decorates his child-like features. But looks are deceiving and you can never know what’s happening to someone internally. One look and you still wouldn’t figure out that inside Luhan’s system is a heart that’s pumping blood twice as fast than usual and undeniable warmth is cursing through him.  

 

One can only notice his absolute care as he arranges Yoona’s figure, slams the door shut and walks to the driver’s side. 

 

In the harsh weather and coldness that will make you shiver without warning, Luhan drives the half-conscious seventeen-year-old to the safety of his home.

 

-------

 

When everything was all said and done; Yoona is finally nestled against Luhan’s thick duvet. Yoona even fought for that thing and Luhan never lets anyone use it (not even Sehun) but he figures that he shouldn’t talk back to a sleepy drunk. God knows what might happen.

 

Luhan pats his freshly-scrubbed face dry before walking to the warmth of the living room where he's going to sleep tonight after sacrificing his precious bed to Yoona. He doesn’t mind the shortness of the couch but he does mind the fact that Yoona is sleeping a wall away from him. Something about this distresses him immensely.

 

His feet shuffles to his bed and everything around him seems smaller now that she’s sleeping right in the midst of his belongings. It doesn't fit. The image screams disorientation yet he finds it beautiful because of the way the differences clash.  

 

Eyes closed, lips pursed, Yoona stirs in her sleep. Luhan tugs the sheet up to cover her exposed skin. Gone was the flabouyant student of his who does nothing but make him blush and squirm in anticipation. In her place is a fragile girl who succumbs deeper into his sheets with a serene expression on her face.

 

Luhan wants to know if she's dreaming or not and if she is, he wonders if he's in there; somewhere in the astonishing realm of her unconscious imagination. He lets his childish belief get the best of him and he takes a hand-woven dreamcatcher from a drawer beside the bed and hangs it on the headboard. Ever since he read how the ancient Native Americans used this as protective charm to filter the bad dreams and let the good ones enter through one's incubus; Luhan had firmly believed and stood by the dreamcatcher's magic. 

 

He thinks that the first step into making something come true is believing that it will.

 

"Good night, may you have happy dreams." Making sure that she’s well-draped, he spares her a final glance before tumbling off into his own dreamland.

 

Luhan calls it a day.

 

 

---------

 

 

His groggy eyes register the made bed, clean sheets and the scent of eggs, butter and sweetness in his kitchen. There, right on his table is a stack of pancakes covered in syrup with a note lying alongside it. Luhan’s finger glides it through the marble countertop and he reads ‘Sorry that I have to leave early. Good morning and please eat this breakfast that I made you.

 

 P.s. you have a nice place and I like the sheets. Now go eat this before it turns cold.

 

Pps. I didn’t poison it, I swear on your own life.

 

Sincerely,

Your prettiest student <3’

 

He smiles and hides the note in his pocket.

 

 

--------

 

She lets herself slump down against the table filled with the fresh breakfast she cooked for her father. She forced herself away from Luhan’s place; although half of her wanted to stay for a little bit longer to watch him devour the pancakes she cooked for him while chatting about nothing in particular. Yoona can’t count the number of times she’s dreamt of a scenario like that with Luhan, but when the chance came; she never thought that she’d graciously turn it down.

 

Doors are being barged open and staircases rattle as Mr. Im walks down to the kitchen.

 

“Good morning,” Yoona greets and she’s rewarded by an impatient grunt. Her father never was a morning person but thinking of it, he’s not a night owl either. He’s just naturally grumpy.

 

The stench of alcohol wafts through her and Yoona realizes that the apple never did fell far from the tree. The atmosphere is tense and all she wants to do is bolt out of here but the chains that bound her home are tight. Her eyes register the way her father munches on the toast, then takes a sip of the coffee she carefully prepared. The silence is broken by the irregular chewing and the tapping of Yoona’s fingers against the wooden surface.

 

“Where were you last night?” Her father asks, looking at his empty plate.

 

“A friend’s house.” She simply replies. “You should get used to it by now. I’m never home during Fridays.”

 

“True.” Gradually, interest fades from her father’s eyes and she knows that he’s going back to that time when he used to be happy. For the first time, it strikes her that everything might have been better if she wasn’t around. tightens and runs dry as questions filter her mind. What if her father was right and she really should have just died instead of her mother? They’d have been a happy family and her father wouldn’t be like this. If she died, two people would be happy. If she died, everything would have been a million times better.

 

Her hands reach and grip the cup filled with coffee. She drinks it and tastes nothing but rejection and bitterness.

 

--------

 

Luhan tightens his hold on the sombrero that Yoona left at his house before knocking on her door. He knocks four more times before stopping to wait. He got her address from the school’s office and he should have just called her but decided to go the extra mile and personally deliver it. The pancakes were delicious, by the way.

 

Rushing footsteps reverberates and Luhan straightens his figure to greet whoever it was that would open the door. Inside, someone is yelling and a piece of something made of glass shatters; he wonders what it was. However, his curiosity is answered by the door getting pried open to reveal Yoona.

 

She’s scared.

 

Red liquid colors her left arm, her hair is tousled, eyes tinted with fear and panic written all over. He could only stare in shock. From somewhere behind Yoona, they could hear the sound of a gun getting reloaded and Yoona throws herself beside Luhan, closing the door shut behind her.

 

Covered in blood, shivering in fright, inked with bruises; she cries. “Help.”

 


 

 

 

[a/n: The first few chapters might have been slow and light but the next ones are going to be drastically different. The next chapter would be the turning point so I'll try to update as soon as possible. btw, I changed the poster, what do you think of it? & I hope you like this update and thanks for the comments, votes and stuff. I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT OMG COME MAKE LOVE TO ME OMG. Just kidding. I love you and God bless all your souls ;~; ]