The misunderstanding.

The Heir.

[A/N: Guys the scene won't happen just yet. Some things will have to lead up to it but yes it's confirmed SkyTempo scene will happen]

As Dong-wook was driving Chaerin back to her house he glanced over at her noting that she was wearing his jacket. He suddenly remembered that she was half . He then turned his car toward the direction of his house. Chaerin noticed, she looked over at Dong-wook with a confused expression.

"Yah, Donggie where are we going?" she said with a frown on her lips.

"Don't call me  that. Aish." Dong-wook tsked at her while giving her a glare.

He really didn't like the nickname she gave him. It reminded him of things he did not want to remember. Of HER. Of how he failed as best friend. Of his past.

"Oh, sorry. Forgive me, Master Dong-wook." Chaerin snorted. He was still the same.

"I guess I can forgive you, my princess." Dong-wook said with superiority. Reminding Chaerin of both of their statuses. He the master and she the mere princess. A pawn. Nothing more, nothing less.

He was the master of this game. And she was the willing pawn. Allowing herself to be sacrificed for his selfish needs and of course for her brother. She didn't regret her choice of being his but she couldn't help but have contempt for herself and for him. She was immersed with her thoughts that she didn't hear what Dong-wook said.

"Did you hear what I said?" Dong-wook said with an annoyed look on his face. 

"Huh?" She snapped back into reality and looked at him, obviously having not heard what he said.

Dong-wook gave an exasperated sigh and said, "We are going to my place real quick."

"Why?" Chaerin didn't want to go there. What if Seunghyun was there. She didn't exactly want to see him at the moment.

"Have you looked at what you're wearing? I am sure even if your parents will give you hell when they see you, even if they don't care. You are supposed to uphold the Lee family name." He said as he once again gave a glance to her chest.

Chaerin saw it this time and tugged the jacket more closely around her, giving him a glare to cover up the embarrassment she was going through. How could she forget she was topless. 

"I left my top in the car...I forgot." she mumbled, her blood rushing to her cheeks, she looked outside the window. She wanted to go hide in a hole and never come out till she had her shirt back.

"Oh, what's this? The temperamental princess getting embarrassed?" He laughed at her, "Oh don't worry you got a nice rack. Not too big not too small. It's cute." He laughed even more at his own choice of words. Because he knew he was embarrassing her more as he continued to talk about it.

"I hate you." She retorted. 

She couldn't believe what he was saying. I mean who wouldn't be embarrassed in such a situation. Sometimes Dong-wook just couldn't read the situation. Sometimes he just liked laughing at people. Another thing to hate about him.

________________________

Upon reach the house they entered it. Though Chaerin knew that it was 2 in the morning it was odd for the house to be eerily quite. She glanced at Dong-wook, her eyes filled with the questions she didn't want to ask.

The Choi family may be perfect but it had it's share of problems.

"Father is probably staying over at your house. Seunghyun's mom is with her lover." He stated as they were walking up the stairs towards his room.

Dong-wook was the first child of Mr. Choi but he was a child out of wed lock. He was hidden by his mother only to be found when she was near death. And that happened when Mr. Choi had married the current Mrs. Choi and had Seunghyun. It should have been Seunghyun as heir but Dong-wook claimed the right as his when he was revealed by his mother. Seunghyun's mother didn't care as long as she got money, as long as she was allowed to do whatever she wanted.

"Oh." Chaerin remarked. She couldn't really say anything to him.

Silence enveloped them as they walked to his room. As they reached it, Dong-wook motion for Chaerin to sit on his bed.

"Just wait there. I have to go to the other room and find something suitable. Ah and I'll change my clothes as well" He said lazily, as he walked to the door in his room that led to one of his "closets", while removing his shirt.

She sat on his king sized bed. When was the last time she was here? She could not remember. She spread her hands on the bed, eventually falling onto it. Turning to her side, the jacket slipping of her body, she began breathing in the familiar scent. Yes she hated him to the core. But there was that part of her that was willing to accept him. She would never forgive him. But she would brush past it and listen to what he had to say. She could not explain their relationship much less her feelings.

Oh she didn't love him but it was just more than that. It was something unexplainable.

But then she thought about love and Seunghyun appeared in her mind. His laugh, his smile, his eyes, his soft touch, everything about him flashed in her head. It was drowning her. Thoughts of him were drowning her. Then thoughts of him turned into what happened recently. His lies, him with Bom and his absence. They've never really got into a serious fight. She longed for him. She didn't want to lose him but she didn't want to share him. She was selfish, she was greedy. In all her life she let things get take away from her. Her rights, her existence, her hopes, her dreams, her best friend and now Seunghyun. He was the one thing she didn't want to get taken from her. If she could keep him she would sell her soul to the devil. Then she started chuckling softly as she stared at nothing.

She already sold her soul to the devil. For her brother's safety. She shook her head slightly and sighed, closing her eyes.

____________________________

Both the Seunghyuns finally arrived at the Choi household. Seunghyun quickly went out, noting that his brother's car was there. No one was home. Seungri swiftly parked his car and ran after the tall man. He finally caught up to him when they went inside the house. Seunghyun was looking left and right. Not a sound. Not a sight.

"Uh hyung, where are they?" Seungri panted out. He was exerting so much energy tonight.

Seunghyun bit his lip, looking up the stairs, "Probably his room." 

And with that they both bolted up the stairs. As if something terrible was going to happen. Upon reach his room the door they paused. Not sure what to do, they opened the door slowly. They looked in the room and there on Dong-wook's king sized bed was Chaerin. Her back was to them but they both noted she wasn't wearing a top either. (A/N: Seunghyun forgot to tell seungri about her little adventure with Jiyong lol) But before they could say anything they saw Dong-wook come out of a door shirtless.

"Ah thanks for waiting, heres a shirt." He tossed it at her. She sat up and slipped on the shirt. 

"Thanks." She mumbled. Her eyes were glazed.

Both had yet to notice them at the door. Dong-wook noticed her eyes and walked over to her.

"Why are you sad, my princess." He said softly, taking her hands in his.

Dong-wook's old self reappearing. Chaerin once again was not holding his hands, nor pulling back her hands away from his.

"No reason."

"Is marrying me really that bad?" He laughed trying to put her at ease but what he didn't realize he surprised two boys at the door and before they could even say anything they heard Chaerin's soft laugh.

"Oh no. It's bad but I can deal with it." she said calmly and slowly removed her hands but not before squeezing his hands.

"WHAT." Both Seunghyun's said. 

Both Chaerin and Dong-wook turned there head quickly at the door. Shock written all over their faces.

"Getting married?" Seungri said in a confused voice.

Chaerin wouldn't agree to that. She was always open about hating Dong-wook. Despising him. Why was she marrying him. Why didn't she tell him. Did she not trust him. Was she hiding stuff from him.

Seungri started to doubt his twin sister and swiftly left the room he did not want to start thinking about what he just heard or else he would be having bad thoughts about his sister. He had no one he could trust and he didn't want to start doubting his own sister. And Chaerin who knew how her twin was quickly got up, running after him but Seunghyun gabbed her hand.

"Rinnie, what's going on. Explain to me NOW." Seunghyun ordered coldly. His eyes were flat and steely. She shivered but yanked her hand away from him. 

"Choi Seunghyun, I currently have a problem can you just leave me alone." She snapped and then left. Running after her brother.

"Nice going little bro!" Dong-wook said still sitting in his bed, smirking.

Seunghyun spun his head towards Dong-wook. He adored his brother but his brother was so twisted, untrusting and a schemer. What exactly changed his brother he wouldn't know. He wanted his sweet, kind, loving brother back. 

Seunghyun wanted to scream, punch or even flick off his brother. But he couldn't. He was Dong-wook, the heir, the FIRST child. And he was Seunghyun, merely the second brother.

Dong-wook watched as Seunghyun battled with himself. Dong-wook knew that he wanted to punch him but he wouldn't because of their status. And Dong-wook smiled sadly. Because Dong-wook wished that Seunghyun would punch him, he wished that Seunghyun would treat him as his brother and not the first child of the Choi Household.

"Seunghyun-ah, go to sleep. There is nothing you have to worry about. I am merely using my power. I am merely being a selfish brat. But you'll forgive me right?" Dong-wook got up, looking at his brother. But Seunghyun was looking at the floor, fist clenched.

Dong-wook hugged him.

"Forgive me as your brother and not because I am the heir." Dong-wook said sadly.

Seunghyun just stood there in his embrace. And couldn't muster the anger he had for his brother moments ago. Because Dong-wook was pitiful. He was just pitiful.

________________________

Chaerin ran after her brother, desperation written on her face. She saw the betrayal on his face. She knew her brother was sensitive. He hated being left out. He hated secrets.

But who wouldn't in his position. When everyone lied to you, planned to destroy you. When your parents decided your path without even telling you. When your "friends" whispered behind your back. Paranoia was something you felt all the time. Trusting people was a delicate thing.

So when your own twin was doing something without telling you. Wouldn't you feel crushed, betrayed?

"Seungie!" She screamed after him, her heart racing.

But Seungri kept walking fast. He knew he should wait, he should hear her out. But it washed over him again. The feeling of betrayal.

But Chaerin had caught up, grabbing his jacket.

"Seungie." She gasped, her emotions were going haywire. Her finely controlled mask slipping off.

"Chae, please let go." he said monotonously. He looked down not wanting to meet her face. Not wanting to see the truth, whatever it may be.

"Seungie, trust me when I say this. I never meant to keep this from you. It just happened...I can't explain right now but Donggie needs me." She said softly. Her hand squeezed his, surely he knew she would never lie to him.

"Tell me why he needs you." Seungri said, glancing up noting that his twin was tearing up. 

His heart ached. He knew his sister had no reason to betray him. Even if she would want to be heir she said she'd rather either they both were heirs or just Seungri. Her love for him was infinite. Yet here he was doubting it. 

"Seungie, I can't." Tears falling out.

Chaerin never cried. Never. But she couldn't tell him. That she sold her life in exchange for his safety. He didn't know that people were targeting him and she wanted to keep it that way. 

"Will you be safe with him?" He questioned, his hand reaching up to brush her tears.

"Yes" She said softly. 

No. How could she be safe. It was Dong-wook.

"Will you still stay by my side?"

"Forever."

And they both cried, holding hands. Seungri knew she was lying about her safety but she still believed that she would stay by his side. And that's all he needed. He just needed to make sure to keep her safe.

____________________________________

A/N: Long chapter for you guys! I think the next chapter will have a scene since a lot happened in this chapter. And we need SkyTempo to make up already!

Ugh idk how I feel about this chapter. I was getting feels. And my little twins had a moment at the end. asdfghj. Okay her and Dong-wook will forever have a complex relationship. Okay? I just can't have them together or be apart from each other sooo yeah.

THANK YOU GUYS. For waiting and staying with the story. I LOVE YOU GUYS. UGH. LIKE OMG ALL THE MESSAGES, WALL POSTS, COMMENTS. EVERYTHING. you guys are so kind. Like wow. Thanks for the support. I love you guys!

Please comment and subscribe <3