The Day After

The Cold Heartless Guy Who Loves Me

 

Recap:

Jieun is mine for now, I hope she’s still mine after tomorrow.

----------------

(still Sungmin’s POV)

The next day, as me and Yoona predicted, Kibum had a terrible hangover. When he saw me, his greeting wasn’t the nicest.

“What the are you doing here.”

Luckily Yoona was there. “Calm down, Bum. It’s all for the best.” Kibum scoffed. “For the best my .” He turned to me. “Don’t tell me you slept here.” As much as I wanted to punch him, I kept my temper. “Jieun’s coming over here later.”

“Why here? Why can’t she go her boyfriend’s house? Or should I say YOUR house.”

“Do you remember anything from yesterday?”

“No. Now leave.” He tried to push me out of his bedroom when the doorbell rang. Yoona went to get the door. Kibum let me go, gave me a glare, and followed Yoona.

 

Jieun’s POV:

“Yoona?” She opened the door with a smile and invited me in. Did Sungmin sleep with…Yoona? Was that why he told me was going to stay over at Kibum’s house?

And didn’t this mean that Kibum and Yoona were living together? Were they that close?

I saw Kibum behind Yoona and I felt tears wanting to come out again. He looked terrible, and I wanted to aid him like Yoona probably did.

I walked inside; It’s been a long time since I’ve last been here. “Is Sungmin oppa here?”

“Yeah.” Yoona pointed to where Sungmin was. Sungmin walked over to me. “Jieun!” He called happily. “Oppa~.” I said giving him a smile.

Kibum was looking at us, annoyed. “There. You guys are together. Now leave.” I bit down on my lip hard to keep from crying.

“O-okay. I guess I should go…” I turned to head to the door but Sungmin grabbed my arm. “I gotta explain something to you…” He said quietly. He looked over at Yoona who nodded.

“Come sit on the couch, unni.” Since when did she start calling me ‘unni’? I went to the couch with Sungmin.

“I’m going to my room.” Kibum stated, and left upstairs. I gazed at his retreating figure, until Yoona tapped me on the arm. “Unni, me and Sungmin need to tell you something.” Sungmin had his arms wrapped around my waist, he seemed to be comforting me for whatever Yoona was about to tell me. “I think there was some sort of misunderstanding… Me and Kibum oppa, we’re just cousins. I’m sorry for kissing him on the cheek.”

Cousins? My heart began to pound. Had I dumped Kibum for nothing after all? “C-cousins?” I asked stuttering, still not being able too believe what I had just heard. Yoona nodded.

“I think you should look at this…” Sungmin told me. He took out his phone and it was a video recording of Kibum. He looked drunk.

 

“Hmmm? Jieun? Ish thet you?” He said woozily.

“No. It’s me Sungmin.”

“Oh.” He laughed bitterly. “Tha guy that stole mah gurlfrend.”

“Uh…sure.” Sungmin said agreeing. It was silent except for the clanking of their hands fighting for the beer bottle. Sungmin wanted to take it away but Kibum wanted to keep drinking. “Why are you doing this?” I asked.

“Wah do you thinkk?” He asked. “Jieun left me…I shoulda just been more cawing and let her hug mey and kish me and tack her out on bettah dashtes.”

“Did you really love her?” Sungmin asked.

“Wit all mah hart. Even if I didn’t wook like it, I liked it won she would try ahn feed me or try to shug me.”

“Then why didn’t you let her?”

“Bechuz, it felt so WEIRD for MEEEEEEE~” Kibum lifted his hands in the air, and then slammed both his hands and head back on to the counter.

“Then why’d you cheat on her?”

“I never did and I neber was goin taa~” Is this guy serious? Maybe he’s just like this because he’s drunk. I pulled out my phone. “Then what’s this?” I questioned, showing him the picture of Yoona kissing him on the cheek.

Kibum took the phone and squinted hard at the picture. “Who is that handsome guy and ugly girl?”

I groaned in frustration. “That’s Yoona and she’s kissing you on the cheek.” Sungmin explained.

“Oh!” Kibum began to laugh drunkly, “Hahaha…I hate it when she does that.”

“So you ARE cheating!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“Nooooo~” Kibum hollered. “She’s mah cuzzy wuzzy.”

 

 

Sungmin put his phone away. “I guess I should be saying sorry, Jieun…but before I do. You have to choose. Right now. A-are you going to go b-back to Kibum?” I didn’t know how to answer. Would Kibum accept me after I had rudely dumped him without him even knowing why?

“I-I…” I didn’t know what to say.

“I’m fine with whatever you choose. You were never mine to begin with…” Sungmin looked away sadly. Was I going to leave Sungmin like this? Sungmin had comforted me throughout the entire time, and was accepting that I wasn’t over Kibum…

“You can go back to him.” Sungmin assured me. ‘Don’t let me get in the way of being with the one you love.” I sniffled me nose. I sure was crying a lot these days…

“B-but I can’t leave you like this…a-and I love Kibum b-ut I don’t think h-he’ll w-want me anymore…”

“I’m sure he will.” A manly voice called out. It wasn’t Sungmin’s. The voice belonged to the man I loved with all my heart, and no matter how much I tried or wanted, would never be able to be replaced.

Kibum walked to me and caressed my cheek in a warm way. From the corner of my eyes I saw Yoona drag Sungmin out.

“K-Kibum…” I felt really guilty.

“Oppa. Call me oppa.” He told me as he sat down next to me, and wrapped his arms around me.

“I…I’m sorry for thinking…”

Kibum hugged me tighter and played with my hair.” It’s fine. Everything’s fine now since you’re back with me…”

“B-but oppa…Sungmin…” I felt him tense and clench his fists.

‘Are you going to-?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. “I love you. I really do. But I’d feel so bad for Sungmin if…”

Kibum pulled me in for a kiss. This time I could really enjoy it, and my heart began to race. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he slightly pulled away. “You love me right? I nodded. “Then don’t worry. We’ll find a way to make things right. “

--------

short. last chapter to vote! vote on the poll in chapter 5~