That Cold Heartless Guy

The Cold Heartless Guy Who Loves Me

 

I was running late that morning. I rushidly threw on my school uniform, not caring to fix the tie, or to straighten my skirt. I had no time for a shower, and simply sprayed myself with body spray. The scent was a little bit too strong to be a pleasant smell, but at least it masked my horrible body odor of not showering. Brushing my teeth, I poured myself some milk. I accidently used the milk as water, and used it to gargle.

“.” I cursed to myself.

With no time to complain I drank what was left of the milk, wiped my face with a towel, grabbed my bag, and went out. As always, my boyfriend, Kibum was waiting for me, leaning against his car.

“Oppa!” I called happily. I tried to give him a hug but Kibum moved out of the way. I didn’t complain. He wasn’t that one for public affection anyways. I was used to it.

“You’re a mess.” He pointed out coldly. I blushed, and frowned. “I-“ Kibum interrupted me. “I know, you woke up late and rushed out right?” I nodded. “Typical.” he said, sighing.

I felt bad for him, Kibum was waiting outside to pick me up on time, yet I came out late.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Get on.” He said. I nodded, and got into his car.

I looked into the mirror and tried to fix myself up a little.

The car ride was quiet, as it normally was. Although I was more of a bubbly person who liked to talk nonstop, I told myself the reason that the rides were quiet was because we didn’t need to talk, we enjoyed just being in each others’ presence.

Nowadays I was starting to doubt that, however.

 

I hopped out of his car, and was immediately greeted by my close friend, Tiffany. She pounced on me, making me giggle. “Fany!” I scolded, jokingly. Tiffany pretended to be hurt, and pouted. She was just too cute~!^^

Kibum didn’t really like Tiffany because of her, err, “hyper” personality. I turned to Kibum to tell him ‘bye’, but when he seemed to have already left.

This was normal, for him. He and Tiffany hardly ever talked, and they were awkward around each other.

However, as much as I tried to hide it, I was still hurt that he would leave without even telling me. Sometimes I even wondered if we really were going out.

“Hello? HELLOOO??” Fany said, trying to get my attention.

“Oh! Fany!” I said, snapping back into reality. “What were you saying?”

“I said, look over there! Sungmin was totally checking you out!” She squealed.

“Is that so?” I said, uninterested. Sure I found him attractive, but I didn’t want anyone other than Kibum.

“UGH.” Tiffany groaned at my apathy. “Are you seriously still thinking about Kibum?” I nodded. “How~” She complained. “He hardly talks to you, he hardly ever looks you in the eye, and you guys hardly make any physical contact! It’s like me and my brother! AND WE HATE EACH OTHER.”

Those words seriously hurt me. Not because they weren’t true, but because they were. Kibum hardly talked to me, which was weird for me to cope with, considering my talkative personality. I didn’t know too much about him, and the things I DID know, was normally what I had heard from other people.

Kibum never seemed to look me in the eye. The beauty of his eyes always mesmerized me, but they always seemed so distant, and they never looked at mine.

And we hardly ever made physical contact. Sure, every once in a while he would kiss me on the forehead while he was sending me home, but that was only because I had asked him for one. The last time I had hugged him was…I actually don’t know if we ever even hugged before.

It was true, we were kind of like siblings that did not get along.

I actually LOVED him, though and told him at every chance I had. But I had never ONCE heard Kibum tell me the same. 

I thought about what Tiffany had told me all the way to class.

I entered class, and saw Kibum sitting at his place as the student body president, in the front of the classroom. He was reading a book. I walked passed him, waving. He looked up at me but gave me no return greeting.

I went to my desk, said a quick ‘hi’ to my desk mate Sungmin, and then sat down. Class started, and Sungmin seemed to be trying to get my attention. I decided to ignore him, thinking he wanted to either flirt with me, or get the answers off me.

For 10 minutes Sungmin kept on either tapping my shoulder or whispering, “Psst! Hey! Look here for a second.”

When I though he had eventually stopped, a note landed in front of me. I cautiously unfolded it:

 

Hey! Look at me for a second~please!! I’ll buy you lunch!

 

There was no way I could pass up a free lunch so I looked over at Sungmin. He gave my a peace sign, and smiled. I giggled slightly. Sungmin pouted.

Another note landed on my desk.

 

Heyy! D:< it’s not funny! 

 

This made me smile, and bit my bottom lip. I looked over at Sungmin, who had his arms crossed. I scribbled back on the note:

 

What! I look over at you and now you’re mad!! D:

 

I tossed the note back to Sungmin, who opened it smiled, looked at me, and then winked. I felt myself blush a little. A LITTLE. I turned away, until he tapped my shoulder. My reflexes made me turn to him and I saw him throw a paper ball at the teacher’s head while he was writing something on the board. It landed right on his bald spot. Without turning to see who it was, the teacher flinched and rearranged his hair so that the bald spot would be covered up. He failed.

I giggled. Sungmin pinched my cheeks. “You’re so cute!” He said grinning.

“Yah!” I said, without realizing how loud I was. The whole class turned to me and Sungmin. Sungmin still had his hand on my face. After a few seconds, he pulled his hand back and shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

“Would you two like to share something?” The teacher asked. “N-no…” I said, stuttering. “Well then, be sure to pay attention!”

 I sighed. I gave Sungmin my death glare. He pretended to be hurt but, then pulled his ears, and puffed his cheeks out, giving me his monkey face. I smiled, and pressed my lips to keep from laughing.

“You two!” The teacher yelled once more. “Are you two really not going to pay attention and fool around?” I quickly shook my head. “Too bad! I already gave you a chance. Out in the hall until next period!”

“B-but…” I said, trying to argue back. However I couldn’t think of anything. I sighed, picked up my books, and nudged Sungmin to follow me. I left with Sungmin trailing behind me. When I had almost reached the door to the classroom Sungmin put his arm around me. I didn’t pay too much attention to it. Sungmin was always being a flirt. I took a quick glance at Kibum. He looked too distracted with helping the female student next to him to see me leave.

 

Out in the hall I faced away from Sungmin and crossed my arms. I was pissed at him for getting me in trouble. At least Kibum wasn’t paying attention. My mind began to wander, and I started to think about how he wasn’t paying attention to me because of some of other girl…

Nah. I thought. The girl probably just needed help and he was helping her because he was the class president. He was just doing his job as president.

…But he doesn’t help me with my homework…

 

My mind was clogged up with thoughts until he decided that I was over thinking everything.

“Hello? You there? If you don’t reply me, I’m going to kiss you~” Sungmin cooed in my ear. I snapped my head back and saw that his arm was placed around my waist, and our lips were less than centimeters away from each other.

My face grew hot and I immediately pushed him away from me. “H-hey!” I said. “I have a boyfriend!”

Sungmin scoffed. “You mean Kibum? C’mon, I know you saw how he was helping Yoona. I hardly see you guys talk!” I felt a mix of emotions over come me.

Angry because he was doubting me and Kibum’s love for each other.

Sad because I knew it was true.

Embarrassed because my boyfriend was being stolen away from me.

“H-he’s the student president! O-of course he’s suppose to help those who need it!” I said, stuttering.

“Why’d you stutter?” Grr, damn. “Still. I bet in those few minutes he’s said more words to Yoona than he’s ever said to you.” Tears began to form in my eyes. “And doesn’t he ignore you in class? I saw how this morning you waved to him and-“

“S-stop.” I said quietly. I couldn’t take it anymore. The complaints that I had bottled up inside me about Kibum was being laid out in front of me. It hurt. A lot. A tear escaped my eye, and I sniffled my nose.

“W-wait, are you crying?” Sungmin looked at me wide-eyed. “Oh! …um. Hey! I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have said that. C’mon, it wasn’t even true! Kibum, um, loves you! A lot!” He said trying to comfort me.

“It’s alright.” I wiped away my tears. “I’m crying because what you said was true…I mean, Yoona’s prettier than me, she’s smarter, and she can actually talk to him!” Now I was sobbing. Without knowing I hugged Sungmin, and leaned my head against his shoulder letting my tears flow out freely.

“Hey~ don’t cry. C’mon, look at me.” He gently lifted my head, making me look him in his eye. “You’re beautiful. And don’t worry about being smart. You are plenty smart. Plus, Kibum’s got a problem if he can’t talk to you. You can talk to anyone. I mean look at you. You’re crying in front someone you barely know!” He chuckled at his little joke. It made me feel a little better.

He used his thumb to wipe away my tears. “Look, I know how much Kibum means to you. But I also know how he treats you. Give me a chance, and I wont ever treat you like that.”

Did I hear him correctly? Was he…asking me to become his girlfriend?

“Yes, I am asking you to be my girlfriend.” Whoa, could he read my mind? “So, would you be my girlfriend?”

This was all happening to fast. Just a few months ago I had told myself Kibum was the one that I wanted to marry and have a family with. Even if he hardly talked to me, and seemed annoyed with the way I showed my love to him, I still believed he loved me on the inside. Would I give Kibum up for Sungmin?

The bell rang and Sungmin slowly placed me to stand on my own. He grabbed me by my shoulders and stared lovingly at my face. “You don’t have to answer me right away. Just think about it. I’ll treat you better then-“ His gaze shifted to the side, where I saw Kibum walking towards us. “-him.” He finished. With that he left and Kibum walked towards me.

Kibum looked at Sungmin who walked passed him and then at me. “Hey. C’mon, it’s lunch time.” He held up our lunch bags, and walked away, me walking behind him. Did he really not notice that I had just cried? How could he be so…thoughtless. My heart hurt,  and my stomach felt sick.

We reached the tree where we normally ate lunch. I opened my lunch, and noticed it was Kibum’s favorite: Kimchi Fried Rice.

“Kibum Oppa! Look~ Your Favorite, Kimchi Fried Rice!” I tried to feed him, but Kibum didn’t open his mouth until he said, “I’m fine. I have that for lunch too.”

“Oh. Okay.” I said, trying to hide my disappointment. I’ve never fed him before. Whenever we went out to eat (which was rarely) he would always think of some excuse. I envied the couples around us where the girlfriend fed her boyfriend and elderly couples would always comment on how cute they were. I bet me and Kibum looked like friends. Or strangers that were sitting with each other, where one had psychological issues and kept trying to feed/start a conversation with the other person.

“So, oppa. Anything new?”

“Not really. I’m not gonna be able to take you home today. I have to help plan the graduation ceremony with Yoona and our sunbaes who are graduating this year.”

Silently, I nodded. Why did he have to single out Yoona? Did he really think of her more then just a hoobae/friend?

 

We finished the rest of our lunch in silence. Before he could leave, I quickly grabbed him by the waist, (a/n: like how iu does in her mv ‘good day’; that kind of…’innocence’/sadness) He tried to remove my hands, but before he could I said: “Oppa…you…you really do love me right?”

Kibum sighed. “Why? If I told you ‘no’ would you break up with me and go date Sungmin?” I gasped. Had he heard me and Sungmin when we were out in the hall?

“N-no…but…sometime…I feel…” Before I could finished Kibum gently pulled away from me, and kissed me on the forehead. Then he left silently.

 

What did that mean? Was he…done with me?

 

~~~

comments are appreciated.