Ch8. I Need You...

Nothing is as It Seems in Him

Jessica's POV

What the heck is he doing? Who is her to him huh? I felt my blood boiled, I can break someone's neck right now, I thought. After few minutes of embrace she finally went outside, he was about to chase her but I immediately grabbed his wrist and asked him to go home. He let out a deep sigh. I held his hand and brought him to his motorbike. On our way I held his waist tightly, it's been a while, Kris, I put my head on his back, enjoying the moment.

 

Kris' POV

I took Jessica to her home, on the way there she held my waist tightly I could barely breath. I felt bad for Soojung, I felt like a bastard for leaving her alone to reach her house, but I felt bad if I don't help Jessica either, she's been like my sister for life. Finally when I arrived she asked me to come with her.

"You don't want to come inside?" she said

"Eh.. no sica, it's late and my dad won't be happy if he knew I went to the racing place."

"Are you sure?" she cupped my face, I felt my blood rushed to my head.

I gently removed her hands from my face, "No.. Hurry, go inside. Your parents must've been looking for you."

She pouted, "Alright... Call me, okay?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "Bye."

 

***

 

When I arrived at my house, I found Appa standing there waiting for me.

"Race again, huh?"

"No, Appa.. It's not what you think--"

"Enough, Wu Yi Fan. How many times I told you to stop? Is it that hard for you to stop???!!! I thought you have changed, but it turned out that you haven't, I'm so disappointed."

"Appa, please, listen to me. I went to survey with Soojung, it's just that--"

"I've tried to be good towards you, Wu Fan!! But it turned out that you haven't changed! Do you think where did those money come from, Kris? I worked hard for you and your mother!!!"

I was speechless.

"All this long, I never asked for anything, I just asked you to go to your college, get good grades and continue Appa's work, is it hard, Wu Fan?"

I was still speechless.

"Do you think your umma will be happy to see you like--" he stopped once he felt pain on his heart, he turned pale

"Appa, are you okay?!"

"K-k-kris.." he fell to the floor.

"APPA!!!" everything felt so fast, I immediately brought my unconscious father to the hospital, I hoped he's fine...

 

***

 

Your POV

I lied down on my couch listening to the music with my headphone, I looked to my phone’s screen, no message, no call. Where is him? I groaned and got up, I went to the fridge when my phone rang.

                M i n y o u n g i e~

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Soojung-ah… Open the door for me~”

“Ah, you’re outside?”

“No, I’m in China. Of course I’m outside!”

“Ah arra, wait.”

I opened the door and found her bringing bunch of shopping bags. She stormed in and lied down on the couch, it’s 11am in the morning and she shopped this much?! I rolled my eyes. My bestfriend is a shopaholic, even though it’s fine for her since she’s rich and doesn’t have to survive on her own in Seoul like me. But sometimes her habit gets a bit unhealthy.

“You’re not going out with Kris?”

“Eh? Hmm, I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“He promised me that he’ll be here today to get our assignment done, but… he’s not.”

“Wait, you haven’t told me anything about last night! Tell me now! I want full report!”

I giggled, Goo Minyoung, ah.. she never changed.

“He took his friend home last night, and I fetched a cab. End of story.”

“No, no, no, no… his friend? Who? Why would he let you fetch a cab? It was late! What a j---“

“No, Minyoung. It’s okay. It’s his old friend I suppose, a… beautiful girl,” I let out a sigh, wait, why am I being like this? No I don’t like Kris for sure!

“Are you jealous?! Oh my goodness Park Soojung, you’re totally in love with him!

“NO!”

“Who’s her name? Impossible that he didn't do anything else to you… I know him quite well.”

“Eh? Je… Jessica, yes, she’s Jessica. No, Minyoung, he didn’t do anything.”

We talked for hours and it almost 7pm he still hadn’t showed up, I wonder if anything happened to him, I decided to call him. When I was about to grab my phone the door was being knocked. Minyoung opened the door, it was him. his eyes were bloodshot red and I could tell that he was utterly tired, I doubt that he slept last night. He was also pale, even though his skin was milky white but he was indeed pale, overall, he looked miserable.

 

“Kris?” I ran towards the door and shook him in disbelieve.

His voice was shaking, "Soojung-ah.."

"What happened, Kris?"

He hugged me and cried on my shoulder, "I need you, Soojung..."


author's note

BLAAAAHHH hahaha it's a short update and I apologize if I rarely update these days, I'm so busy with the college stuff and everything guys ;---:

I try to reply your comments okay c:

@Kim-SooJung : here comes the update dear<3

@Anilove22 : but the evil sica prevents him to take soojung home! lol