05

Revertere

 

 

Chapter 05

 


 

*pant pant*

He's running away. Running without turning to look behind.  Away from something...but what? he doesn't know. The house are in a rueful state, some of them are burning, others are half destroyed .

The sky was a pale orange from the fire reflecting; there were clouds floating, but they were grey, as if enraged. There were ear-piercing screams as people - family-  are running everywhere trying to survive, clutching their precious belongings...

There's a heavy smell that hangs in the air: like metallic, like iron, like coppery...What exactly is that smell? He gradually slowed down his steps before turning at a street corner.

It's blood. Blood everywhere. Hundreds of corpse lying on the floor:  adults, children, animals...

He averts his eyes and kept running, his heart pounded to the beat of his feet over the messy and rocky ground, sweat beaded his forehead, causing his hair to cling to it as his throat ached for air, more air. His muscles stretched, pushed harder.

He turned another corner, he stopped in front of a house -his house- and  hardly kicks it open. " Umma! Appa! Dongsaeng! Where are you?!" He shouted but find no answer. He dashed inside, climbing up the stairs to his room, finding no one, he continued to search each room until he heard a fainted whisper. "Hyung, this way." He followed the tiny voice to a closed closet, he opened it up and found his dongsaeng. "Thank god you're okay!" He hugged the little boy who began to sob.

"Hey, you okay? Where's umma and appa?" he quickly asked.

"...sniff...they are in the basement...sniff" replied the little boy. "They are here...sniff".

"Let's..." He got interrupted when two big men barged into the room, they had not time to hide. They immediately captured the two defenseless boys by their collar. The little one screamed his lungs out, calling their parents. The older one punched the man, trying to escape but it doesn't worked, they are too strong. In a split of a second, the two men are on the floor, both with a knife on their head. He looked around and found his appa.

"I'm sorry, I was late!" The father said, cuddling with his two sons. 'Come on." The old man carried his sons to the basement, to where their mom were. The room was cold and humid, with a big "thing" lying near the wall, he can't see what it is because there's a large cloth covering it . The woman lifted up the cloth and there's a black hole.  "It's ready, we can go." They smiled to each other.

BOUM

A bomb landed near their house. The father took the younger boy into his strong arms, to protect him, as the mother did the same thing to the older boy. "Quick! We gotta go!" The woman stated. Her mother hushed his older son to go first. When he was going to, he heard his father's scream, he turned his head around and found at least ten of them, with fire guns, and his dad's on the floor, unconscious, with blood oozing out. The mother yelled and cried at her loss. His mom pushed her two kids towards the hole but some men get a griped on his mother and his little brother.

"Hyung!!" It's the last thing he heard before completely absorbed into the black material.

 

"AHH!" Sunggyu screamed, almost jumping out of the bed.

"...Hey, are you okay?" Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu is panting heavily, he clenched the sheets which are drenched with sweat. The moon's light streamed in the window is giving the room an ominous feel, Sunggyu close his eyes and try to readjust his breathing. Who are they? His family? What happened? Why did he have that sort of dream? Is there any meaning behind it?  Lots of questions ran through his mind, but not capable to find any answer.

"...I...I'm fine." Sunggyu replied, his body still trembling. He quietly slide down, his hand still clenching strongly on the sheets.

Woohyun  can't see clearly Sunggyu's expression but felt his body tensed, so he decides to seized Sunggyu by his waist, pulling against him. Sunggyu widens his eyes when the other one pulls him into an embrace.

"W-What are you doing?" Sunggyu questioned him with a shaking voice.

"Just sleep." He ordered.

Sunggyu and Woohyun are so close that it makes him nervous. "I hope he doesn't hear my heartbeat!" he though, squeezing his eyes. After a few minutes, he began to feel comfortable, no worries, no fears, just a calm feeling, surrounded by Woohyun's warmth and a light strawberry scent, his mind slowly drifting off to sleep again.

 

 

Woohyun feels something breathing near him, he slowly opens his eyes. Seeing Sunggyu sleeping, he remembered what happen this early morning. Even though he's awake, he still rest on the bed to contemplate Sunggyu's sleeping face.  Eyelids closed against the dim light of the sun and his breathing is deep and relaxed, all the muscles on his face and body were totally at peace, like a sleeping baby. Woohyun touched Sunggyu's cheek, "So defenseless..." he thought, Sunggyu cuddled closer, "...and so cute." He then went to the toilet to take a hot shower.

Sunggyu woke up, rubbing his tiny eyes and stretching his limbs.

"Thanks for yesterday. I could have died. But hm..I wanted to know, was is really a demon? He was using a knife to kill me, not magic...like you know, fire ball or ice storm or some incantation?" Sunggyu said.

"He was a low demon, that's why and demons doesn't have that much magic by the way." He stated, walking to his wardrobe."Do you feel better?"

"oh Mhm~ It was a good sleep." He smiled.

"Sure you do, you slept like a baby. you look so..." Woohyun quickly closed his mouth.

"Huh?" Sunggyu tilted his head.

"Nothing, I'm going out."He said, leaving the oblivious Sunggyu alone in the room.

 

Sunggyu goes to the toilet to change his bandages. The deep cut was now only a pinkish line so there's no need for a new bandage. Yes, since he was little, Sunggyu's body regenerate faster than the other kids. A small cut on the finger caused by paper can be healed in merely few hours, but for the others, they need like three to four days.

He went to the cafeteria to have breakfast. He found Myungsoo and Sungyeol eating.

"Hey!" Sunggyu salute them.

"Oh hey, the new recruit! How are you? I heard you were attacked by a demon." Sungyeol asked, worried.

"I'm okay, don't worry, I'm not that weak." Sunggyu grinned.

They talked to each other, about his dimension, what he does most of the time, his adoptive family. Sunggyu was adopted by an old couple since he was a baby, they were nice to him and not too much pressure about school.  Sungyeol talked so much, a lot of small talk (lol) , unlike Myungsoo, he stayed quiet most of the conversation, just nodding occasionally.

"Mhm~ I had a weird dream today, I was running to a house, I think it was my house, to find my parents and my little brother, there are strange people who wants to kill us, I'm not sure and there's a black hole. "

"A black hole?" Sunggyeol raised his eyebrows" Bu that's..."

"That's?" Sunggyu was waiting for the answer.

"Time to go to work." Myungsoo interrupted Sungyeol.

"Already?" Myungsoo shot him a glare and whisper to his ears "You talk too much."

"Sure sure." Sungyeol said with his favorite coffee in hand, ready to go.

"What are you doing? Can I come?" Sunggyu asked.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol stared at each other for a few seconds before turning to the new recruit, "I'm sorry you can't, it's too dangerous for a person inexperience like you." Sungyeol explained, tapping on Sunggyu's shoulder.

 

 

Knowing he can't go with the two friends, and no he won't redo the same mistakes, he will not followed them like what he did with Myungsoo, he learned his lesson, Sunggyu decides to go to his favorite place: the library. It was a small and old library, to Sunggyu's surprise, he thought it would be bigger, it has rows upon rows of bookshelves. The minute you entered, you can see the front desk, behind it was the librarian, she was a old woman capped with a bun and wearing a plain suit.

"Welcome young man." She welcomed him. Sunggyu greet her with a smile.

"Is there any books you are looking for?" The librarian asked.

Sunggyu remains silent, thinking of what he wants to read. His eyes lands on the document on the old woman's desk. It reads: The massacre between humans and demons. "Hm..Can I read this?" Sunggyu pointed on the documents.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm still preparing it, it's not ready." She said, with an apology smile.

"I see..." Seeing the young man's disappointment, "I can tell you if you want", the librarian suggested.

"Really? What happened to that massacre?"

"You really really don't know? You sure you lived on this land?" She continued, "Before that, humans and demons cohabited together. Everything was going smoothly, it was peace. Until twelve years ago, the demons suddenly attacked the humans, killing thousands of civilians. We do not know what is the caused though. The higher up are still investigating but..." She leans closer to Sunggyu's ear, "There are rumors, I've heard that..."

"Doing your job, I see. The boss needs your help, go to the meeting room." said the stranger, interrupting her.

"Eek, it's a higher up" The librarian whisper and quickly bows. "Sorry, I gotta get back to work!"

The stranger was taller than Sunggyu, with a long face and small eyes. He turned and headed to the exit room.

Sunggyu just took a random book and decides to go back to his room. In the hallway, Sunggyu feels like someone is stalking him, he turns around, but find no one. He tilted his head and keep going.

 


Ouuf Finally update today :P

More Woogyu *o*

Lots of interruptions lol

And the longest chapter ._.

EDIT: Just found out that I copy the text 2 times Dx