04

Revertere

 

 

Chapter 04

 


 

 

Knock Knock

"It's long....is he in there anyways?"

After a few more knocks, Woohyun opened the door, he was having only a towel around his waist. Sunggyu stared at the man's firm chest ,"wow, his six pack...", he's jealous because he doesn't have any abs.

"H-hi." he said, realizing Woohyun's staring at him.

Woohyun only said a "Tch" to him and went back to the toilet .  "What attitude is that?"  Sunggyu thought.

He goes out of the bathroom, and to his wardrobe and put an uniform: a black pants, black blazer with The Syndicate's emblem sewed onto it on the left, and underneath was a white collared shirt. Not to forget his pistols pocket on both side of his waist.

He saw a card on the table, seems like Woohyun's library card, it reads: Nam Woohyun, 1991 February 8th. "Oh he's younger than me..." Sunggyu didn't waste any moment to start a conversation, "We haven't properly introduced each other, right?" No response. "I'm Kim Sunggyu, your new roommate..." he continued. The young man still doesn't respond, facing Sunggyu with his back.

Sunggyu snapped, "Yah! What's with that crappy attitude?! You should at least look at me when I talk to you! A little bit of respect, I'm your senior!"

Woohyun slowly turned around to face the angry guy, "You're gonna sleep on the floor."

"Wh-what?" he questioned, confused.

"There's only one bed."

Sunggyu looked at the bed and look back at Woohyun, back and forth, "I can't possibly sleep on the floor! It's cold and hard!"

"Not my problem." he picked his guns and put it in his pockets.

"Oh c'mon! Your bed is a king sized bed! I can maybe sleep in the corner of the bed at least?" Sunggyu whined.

Woohyun walked outside of the room and closed the door, not listening to Sunggyu.

"Yah!" He screams and out of frustration, and then kicks the door.

 

 

knock knock (half an hour later)

"Here, these are for you: toothbrush, pajamas, blanket, pillow, towel. Everything you need." Sungyeol said.

"Oh thanks a lot, I wouldn't be able to live without these in this room."

"You can always use Woohyun's stuff." he stated.

Sunggyu scoffs, "His stuffs? I better die."

"Wow, you really hate him, do you?"

"He got a bad attitude."

Sungyeol winks, "You'll like him later." and waved at him, disappearing in the hall.

Sunggyu tilts his head.

"You ready for the tour?"

"Ah Yes I am!"

"The main floor is where the cafeteria is. The second floor is the practice room. The third floor is the dorm. The library is on the fourth floor. I guess you know the fifth floor, it's Dongwoo's office and where we go when there's a meeting." Myungsoo informed Sunggyu while walking. "So, are you hungry?"

"Mhm! You bet." he smiled.

To Sunggyu's surprise, the cafeteria is very different : it's big and spacious, with long tables lined by plastic chairs. The atmosphere is warm and the strong coffee smell filled the air , everyone's smiling and eating. The previous one he went to was a small and dull canteen , with a monotonous repetition of lunch trays and mindless chatter, the strong smell of  ketchup emanated from the food line.

They waited in line, Sunggyu decided to pick the spaghetti and Myungsoo choose the udon.

"I heard you came from a different...dimension?" Myungsoo asked.

Sunggyu hums in response.

"Is your dimension different from ours?"

"hm..not much difference. The house, the trees, environment are all the same, except there's demons here. We don't have any magic sort of creatures in our dimension though." Myungsoo nod.

Suddenly, there was a loud BOUM, surprising everyone. Nobody was talking, not even a movement. Then, an alarm was ringing really loud. Everyone's running, leaving the cafeteria.

"What's wrong?" Sunggyu asked.

"There's an attack." Myungsoo said and ran to the door, leaving his plate. Leaving Sunggyu alone in the canteen.

Blinking twice, "What do I do?" looking around the place. As a curious guy, he decide to follow Myungsoo. He run behind him, out of the The Syndicate, a few more meters away, but the hunter was too fast, Sunggyu couldn't keep up the speed. He stopped to catch his breath. He walked slowly instead.

The fire burn filled the air with a mixture of blood and sweat. He widens his small eyes in shock before the scenery. Lots of scraps woods and corpses scattered around, The Syndicate's member were running here and there to help people. Feels like watching a war movie.

He snaps into reality when he heard a little girl screaming. He scans the place in search of that yell and saw a man with a sharp knife in hand with a girl on the messy floor, just a short distance away. "Stop it!" The girl turned her face full of tears when she heard Sunggyu's scream.

The man raises his knife, ready to kill his prey.

Sunggyu watches in terror as the knife is going down.

He rushes towards her, as fast as he could.

Another step - He doesn't know if he can reach her in time but he has to try.

The knife continue to come down.

She's trying to escape, crawling in Sunggyu's direction.

He leaps towards her.

The knife is just a few centimeters away.

He catches her by the waist and put both his arms around the frail body, to protect her. They both tumbled on the hard floor, flying a few steps away, leaving scratches on Sunggyu's exposed arms.

The man got up, not happy to miss his prey. He run beside Sunggyu and plunge it directly into his abdomen. Sunggyu saw it and turned a bit. The blade lands instead on Sunggyu's arm.  

Feeling the blade's piercing through his flesh, Sunggyu screams in pain. Blood gushes out non-stop. The guy giggles as he pull out the knife. He wanted to stab him a second time, a definitive one this time. When he was going to stab him, Sunggyu kicks him hard on the shoulder, making the man stumbles back and drop his weapon.

"Go!" Sunggyu tells the little girl to escape. That child turns the corner without looking back.

"You're gonna pay for that, human!" he jumps on top of the injured one, punching on his head 2-3 times 'till he is unable to resist. Then, he went back to take his dropped weapon.

Bang

He falls on the floor, with a trail of blood on his forehead.

Woohyun rushes beside Sunggyu."Hey, are you okay!?"

Sunggyu gulped his saliva, trying hard to speak, "..It..hurts..." and then he lost consciousness.

"Hang in there!" he carried Sunggyu in bridal style to car and bring him back to the Syndicate.

 

 

Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes. Took him a few blinks before seeing straight. He was back to his room, on Woohyun's bed.

"Feeling better?" Woohyun asks, going on his bed.

"Arg...My head still hurts. Thanks for saving me by the way."

"You should thank the little girl instead. What were you doing there anyways?"

"I...sorry." he knows he doesn't have a good excuse, he followed Myungsoo out of curiosity and end up hurting.

"Don't play hero if you can't."

Sunggyu shot him a glare, he knows perfectly he can't do anything but he can't just let that little girl die in front of his eyes, now can he?

He went to the toilet and take a hot shower, he carefully put a plastic bag around his wound, not to let water touching it. He put on his pajama cautiously. He then picked his blanket and pillow, laying doing on the floor.

"What are you doing?" Sunggyu flinched at the question.

"...Going to sleep...?" he answered, looking at Woohyun.

"You can sleep on the bed."

"For real? Why would you let me?"

"You're wounded." he pointed at the injuries.

"That's kind of you." he climbs on the bed, next to Woohyun and pull the blanket to his chest. He closes his eyes and his mind gradually goes to the dreamland.

 


I'm sorry for the late update! >.< so much homework to do, blame my school!

Tried to write a slow mothion scene lol I failed x_X

Sorry again, the story is quite slow, I just don't wanna rush it.

Thanks everyone for the comments! It motivated me to write more^^