02

Revertere

 

 

Chapter 02

 


 

Sungjong opened the heavy door. 

 

Sunggyu step a foot inside and feel the cold air enveloped him. He shivers a bit. "It's kinda freezing here." Sunggyu thought.

 

"Take your time; I'll be at my counter if you need anything."

 

"Thanks" he bowed.

 

Sunggyu glanced over the books when the owner went back down. With a big smile creeping on his face, "I'm coming, lovely books!” Just touching those covers make him shivered down his spine and he liked that feeling. (lol...)

 

After couple of minutes, he moved to the next bookshelf when he found another door. There's a sign on it: "Do not open". Looking around him, "No one's here...", he tried to opened it but it's locked. "Tch, I should have known it. What's in there anyway? Maybe there’s something more precious than these rare books?"  Biting on his bottom lip, Sunggyu feels really excited to see what's behind that door. His curiosity wins over his reason.

 

When he was about to turned around, he heard a CLICK, he immediately turned back to face the door. It was mid-open. He went inside without a second thought. He is shocked to see a glowing book inside, floating in the middle of the dark room.

 

"...What is going on here...? What sorcery is this?!" exclaimed Sunngyu, open big his eyes. 

Sunggyu's glancing around, looking for some sort of trick to make it float. He found none, so he gave up that idea.

 

He hesitantly takes the book and started flipping it, "What the heck, the pages are blank!" Sunggyu frowned.

 

Then a white light emanates from the mysterious book, blinding him, "What the...!" Sunggyu said, closing his eyes. He snaps his eyes open when he suddenly feels the strong wind pulling him...inside the book! "Oh no, no, no, this isn't happening!" he screamed. He fell on the ground, hitting hard his back, and tried to crawl in direction of the opened door.

 

"Sunggyu-ssi!" Sungjong rushed over when he heard the loud thud earlier.

 

"...Sungjong, please help me!"

 

"Didn’t you see the sign?! Why did you have to opened it?!" questioned Sungjong, trying to desperately grab Sunggyu's hand, stepping only one foot in the dark room. He didn't want to be absorbed in it too.

 

They tried to reach for each other's but they missed it.

 

"NOOOO...!" Sunggyu screamed, before completely disappear.

 

"...Damn it..." Sungjong cursed. The book closed itself and went back to his original place. He closed the door, locked it and goes back to his counter. Looking out the window, the rain stopped and the clear sky came back. "Bon voyage...Sunngyu-ssi." he said, before closing his eyes.

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes, blinking it twice. "Ouch...Where am I?" He's trying to remember what happened to him "Oh right, I got up in that damn book!"

Scanning around him, all he could see are houses. He never saw that place. He walked towards the first house he saw, asking for help. He was about to knocked the door when an old man came out, with bloods on his hands and a knife on his chest. Surprised to saw Sunggyu in front of his door, "Run young boy...r...un...they are...h..ere..."  he said desperately.

 

The body fell on Sunggyu. He quickly grabs him not to let the old man fell hardly on the floor. He's shocked when he looked at his hand. It's red...crimson red...its blood all over Sunggyu's hands. His eyes went wide.

 

"Sir, Are you alright!? Get a hold of yourself!" Exclaimed Sunggyu, but it was too late.

The first time he experience someone death in front of him. A few drops of tears were running down his cheeks. Sobbing, Sunggyu ran in an alley. He stopped when he heard gunshots. As instinct, he tucked behind the unwanted materials and trashes.

 

He listens...there were footsteps...1...2...3...4...there are 4 people but the fourth one wasn't walking, he was dragged by instead.

 

"Hey, kill him." said the first man; he is the tallest of the three.

 

"Sure thing." replied the second man, he got dark brown hair, with strong jaw line and a little bit shorter than Sunggyu.

 

"No, please, I beg you! I don't want to die!"

 

Bang

 

Sunggyu tried to hide his trembling body, but he accidently knocked down a can in the process.

 

"Who's there?!" exclaimed the young man. He pulls Sunggyu out of his hideout.

 

"A boy?" He left an eyebrow.

 

"Hm...what do we do with him?" said another man, a menacing aura was emanating from him. "Kill him?"

 

"No wait, our job was to kill those, let's bring him back to the boss" answered the taller man.

 

"Who knows if he isn't a demon himself? Don't waste time, just kill him right now!" Exclaimed the handsome man.

 

"You're so hot-tempered Woohyun hyung! Stop it, you're scaring him. He's a human, not a demon."

 

"Hmph, is this your first time patrolling? They take human form, dummy Sungyoel!" he stated.

 

"I just don't want to kill an innocent civilian! Myungsoo say something!"

 

"Stop it you two. Let's go back to HQ with him." the third man said, pointing at Sunggyu, he was handsome, with black hair and his face remained unexpressive.

 

Sunggyu got scared; he didn't want to stay with those murderers any longer."Take that!" He pitches those empty cans he found, distracting them so he can escape. He ran and ran as fast as he can, he was about to reach the end of the alley, then everything went black.

"There we go, now he can't run away." Woohyun said with a big grin.

 

 

 


Put a little bit more action^^