Second Chance

We Are Meant To Be!

Hyosun played with her phone while waiting for her boarding time. She's been waiting for a text from someone since the morning she left for the airport. Holiday break starts that day and Hyosun decided to spend it away from South Korea. A female voice boomed at the airport after a few melodies and announced that a plane would be leaving in 30 minutes and everyone registered in that flight would board as soon as possible.

 

 

"How come just one text would be so hard for you to give me? I thought you really love me? That's why I gave you a second chance before I left." Hyosun said and sighed while looking at L.joe's picture in her phone. She stood up and made her way to the boarding area.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

It was Holiday break and L.joe doesn't know why he's at the school. He just had a feeling that he should be there. It was 6 A.M and it's already sunny. He sighed as he made his way to his locker.

 

"Why aren't you calling me, Sunnie? I'm always waiting for you. I'll wait forever..." L.joe said as he look at Hyosun's picture.

 

He sighed again and started to put the combination of his locker. A box fell and he immediately picked it up. The box was wooden and it looked vintage with victorian carvings. It was elegant looking and heavy as well.

 

"What's this?" he examined the box and unsticked the note that came with it. "It's from her..."

 

L.joe read the note and he balled his fist while trying to prevent himself from crying. He kept the box in his bag without even looking at it, closed his locker and ran out of the school.

 

*I have to see her before she leaves... I have to...* he thought as he drives his car to the airport.

 

L.joe ran as fast as he can when he arrived. And then he caught sight of the person he's looking for. He ran to her like he's not even hitting someone. He ran and ran until he reached her and grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving.

 

 

"L.joe..." Hyosun whispered as she looks at L.joe who caught her just in time for her to walk to the entrance.

 

"Hyosun... please, don't leave me." L.joe answered. His eyes starting to water with tears and his voice is shaking.

 

"Byunghun oppa... Did you even check the box? No? Then do it now, before the plane departs and leaves us both!" Hyosun smacked L.joe's head slightly hard.

 

"Both? Uhh. Yes wait!" L.joe looked dazed at what he just heard but he immediately opened the box and found his passport and a plane ticket going to Hyosun's vacation destination. "What..." L.joe continued...

 

"Yes, I want you to come with me. I forgive you, and I still love you. So, please?" Hyosun smiled at him, clearly waiting for an answer.

 

"Of course I'll come with you! I still love you too, Sunnie. I never stopped." L.joe smiled back at her and held her hand as they walk together towards the check in counter.