Plain Ice Blended Coffee

We Are Meant To Be!

It’s the last day of school and all of the students have nothing in their minds but the vacation. Everyone’s talking to their friends about what they’ll do and where they’ll go. But Hyosun’s different. She may be with her friends but she’s not the usually bright girl they used to have.

“Unnie! What are your plans this vacation?” Sulli linked arms with Hyosun.

“Umm... I don’t know. Maybe I’ll go back to my parents’ for a while...” Hyosun forced a smiled convincingly that the younger didn’t noticed that it’s forced at all.

“I need to go first...” Hyosun declared.

“Aw... But it’s the last day of school! Can’t we at least go out for a while?” Yuri insisted. If only Yuri wasn’t like her sister, Hyosun might have rejected the offer.

“Okay. But I have to go early. I need to catch the bus back home.” Hyosun smiled and Yuri nodded then hugged the younger girl.

 

~~~~~

 

The girls arrived at the cafe located at Seoul’s shopping district.

“Hey girls, the usual?” Chorong asked the five other girls. They all agreed and went to their usual table near the glass windows overlooking the streets of Hongdae.

“Okay, so it’ll be one Caramel Macchiato for Hyosun, Chocolate Frappe for Yuri, Vanilla Frappe for Sulli, Taro Milk for Hyuna, Strawberry Frappe for Jiyeon and just plain ice blended coffee for me.” Chorong finished and smiled at the cashier, who apparently is their classmate.

The boy smiled back at her and proceeded to make the girls’ orders.

 

~~~~~

 

“I see the way he looks at you, Chorong unnie.” Hyosun suddenly reverted back to her old self and teased the older girl.

 “How does he look at me anyway?” Chorong asked Hyosun.

“Well, he turned red, like really red, and smiled like crazy to himself.” Hyuna giggled, teasing Chorong more.

Chorong blushed because of the other girls’ teasing. The boy suddenly approached them and they stopped talking.

The boy smiled at them and started placing their orders on their table.

“Caramel Macchiato for Hyosun, Chocolate Frappe for Yuri noona, Vanilla Frappe for Sulli, Taro Milk for Hyuna noona, Strawberry Frappe for Jiyeon and Coffee Caramel Frappe with cookie crumbs and whipped cream on top for Chorong.” The boy smiled again and walked off.

 “I didn’t...” Chorong started but when the boy looked back, he winked at her and went back to the counter to entertain newly arrived customers.

“See that? Seeeeeeeeeee?” Sulli laughed and picked her drink up.

“Stop it!” Chorong blushed more and kind of giggled.

“He looks familiar, though?” she continued.

“It’s because he is familiar. Lu Han, Ring a bell?” Yuri told Chorong.

“Familiar. EXO, is it?” Chorong answered.

“You mean the one that looks like a little girl? The one with the doe eyes?” Jiyeon asked. Hyosun, Chorong and Yuri nodded.

 

~~~~~

 

Once the girls finished their drinks, they all decided to leave since Hyosun keeps bugging Yuri about being late and not catching the bus.

Chorong looked at the counter and smiled at the doe-eyed boy named Luhan, who in turn winked at her.

“The boy sure knows how to sweep a girl off her feet.” Yuri’s remark made Chorong blush and act shyly.

“Unnie~ stop teasing Chorong unnie! I’m gonna be late~” Hyosun said and pulled Yuri out the street.

As they make their way to the bus station, they heard someone calling for Chorong.

“Excuse me! Chorong! Wait!” the voice sounded familiar so they all looked back, and saw Luhan running towards them.

“Hey wait. I was wondering... Are you free tomorrow?” he asked, looked down and slowly looked at Chorong.

“Um... Yeah.  Pick me up by 8. I assume that you know where I live right?” Chorong smiled at him.

Luhan can’t even contain his happiness that he just started skipping back to the coffee shop while waving good-bye to the girls.

“Guys, did I make the right choice or....” Chorong said but shrugged and started walking.

“Well he sure doesn’t JUST look like a girl. He acts like one sometimes as well.” Jiyeon said and they all giggled.

 

~~~~

 

Quarter before 5, Hyosun boarded the bus going to her hometown. It’s been a year since she left and many things already happened to her, including the calling off of her engagement to her childhood best friend, who cheated on her, and meeting a lot of new friends.

She sat on the spot where she usually sits on every bus she rides on, which is located at the corner left of the first row. The reason why is that she can see the views of every place the bus passes by.

And within 2 hours or so, she arrived at her hometown and started walking back to their house.

Once she reached home, she gave her parents a hug and they all went out for dinner. Her mother asked her how was her brothers.

“Well for one, Mingyu is definitely in love. After coming out to us, he finally found some friends who accepted him and someone who loves him so much. While Roy oppa is so busy that he’s not usually home.” She answered.

“How’s L.joe?” her father suddenly asked.

Hyosun doesn’t really know how to answer her father’s question.

Remembering that he was away when everything happened, she finally decided to tell him that they broke up and everything’s good between them, which is not true because she certainly doesn’t want anything to do with “that guy”.

Her father said sorry and comforted her with the best he can do. Hyosun smiled at him and hugged him tightly.

“Thanks, Dad.” She whispered.

While having dinner, she decided to tell them about her plans for the vacation. She started with the fact that she already ordered and paid for a plane ticket to a foreign country.

“Are you sure you’re alright to go alone? You should ask your friends to come with you.” Her mother said, a look of worry can be seen on her face.

“Mom, my friends are all idols, they can’t just walk around.” Hyosun answered.

“And besides, they’re busy with their schedule. Being an idol is hard.” She continued.

“Well if you insist on still going then we don’t really have a choice, do we?” her father sighed and smiled at her.

Hyosun thanked her parents as they drive back to their house. She told them every detail about her flight, the destination, time of departure and everything else.

 

~~~~

 

L.joe ran in front of Hyosun’s house in Seoul and knocked the door hard. He knocked a few times, no it wasn’t knocking... It was more like banging, when the door finally opened.

“What do you want, jerk?” Joonyoung looked annoyed as he scratches his head.

“Where’s Hyosun?” L.joe asked impatiently.

“How would I know? And even if I know, I wouldn’t even dare to tell you. Roy would kill me.” Joonyoung glared at him. “If you please, I’m trying to get some sleep.” He continued.

“But...“ L.joe tried to protest.

“Joonyoung! Where are you? Come back here and let’s get some sleep! We have a schedule tomorrow!” they heard Roy shouting from the his room, sounding like he just woke up.

“Be there in a minute!” Joonyoung shouted back and glared at L.joe again. “Now scram!” he slammed the door and went back to Roy’s room.

L.joe stomped his feet and muttered a few curse words as he made his way back to his car.