CHAPTER 5: He's Strong

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

{NEXT PERIOD}

“Class, I’m going to need a volunteer to report about American History.” the teacher said as she scanned for any eager student.

Kyuhyun slightly raised his hand while his elbow was on the desk.

The teacher smiled and said, “Alright! Mr. Cho, you will be in charge tomorrow!”

 

Your POV~

Such an over achiever!

How dare he put that sign on me?! That annoying little bastard wants to play. Well now, he has an opponent!  The game is on.

You slightly smirked as your teacher moved on with the lesson.

{NEXT DAY}

You were at the cafeteria having a snack. Kyuhyun, with his earphones on, sat in front of you again and placed his tray on the table. You took a small vial from your bag and hid it under your palm. The vial you had was labeled LAXATIVE. Laxative is something you drink or put in your food when you have a problem with your digestion.

“He has that big report later doesn’t he? Let’s see how he reacts to this!”

Kyuhyun got up and walked to the counter to buy a drink. This was your chance. You poured a bit of the vial into the sandwhich on his tray, hid the bottle again and took a bite of your own sandwhich.

He came back with his soda and ate his sandwhich.

“Eat up Chaejin! You’re going to need that to absorb all the knowledge I’m about to give you later!” he said as if mocking you.

You force a smile, nodded and took another bite of your sandwhich.

“Now, George Washington was the first president of the United States…” he continued with his report.

You were wondering why he still wasn’t reacting to the laxative you put in his food. Then you saw why he was able to bare it.

The thing was, he can’t! Beads of sweat could be seen on his forehead. Although it was not obvious because the lights were off due to his powerpoint presentation.

“And that is why they celebrate every 4th of July.” He finally finished his report.

He was pale and breathing heavily. Only you can see it because you’re at the front and you know what’s up.

“Great work as usual Mr. Cho!” the teacher proclaimed and smiled at him.

Kyuhyun smiled back and nodded but it was apparently forced.

“Now class, do you have any questions about the report?” the teacher said.

You raised your hand at once and the teacher called on you.

“Yeah so you said After the American Revolution, and increasingly after the War in 1812, American writers were exhorted to produce a literature that was truly native. As if in response, four authors of very respectable stature appeared.” You said. You purposely took the whole statement from his report to make your question longer thus buying time for him to go where he really needs to.

If you know what I mean.

“Can you give at least three examples of those authors?” you continued and gave a very unusual friendly smile.

Kyuhyun’s POV~

“What’s wrong with me? My stomach feels horrible!”

“And how come she’s so interested in what I just reported?”

“Sh*t! Why does my stomach feel like this? I only ate a sandw-.”

“THAT’s IT!! She must’ve put something in my food! That little-!”

He was a bit amused with what you did and laughed a bit to himself.

“Why of course!” he said with an even stranger smile. The smile looked like he was gritting his teeth.

“Washington Irving, James Fenimore Cooper, and Edgar Allan Poe are good examples of the people you are talking about.” He added and he winked at you. You gasped in disgust and pouted.

“Are there anymore questions?” the teacher asked and no one else responded.

“Well, that’s it! Well done Mr. Cho. Class dismissed.”

Everyone stood up and went toward the door. You followed. You were annoyed that your plan to embarrass him didn’t work.