CHAPTER 3: He Has a Friend

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

Kyuhyun’s POV~

“Sh*t! That was close! I’m sure she didn’t follow the time duration I gave her but how could she have thought that adding cyanide would mess up the whole thing?”

“If there’s one thing I know about Chemistry, I don’t think just anyone could distinguish cyanide from other substances. And I know a LOT about Chemistry.”

“She knew exactly what to do to mess it up!”

Your POV~

“Cr*p! I knew he was smart!”

“I thought the cyanide would be a great hit!”

{LUNCH TIME}

You had nowhere to sit since you didn’t have any friends at the school. You found an empty table near the window. You walked towards it, placed your tray on the table and sat down. At that moment, Kyuhyun sat right in front of you. Yep! You two were in the same table facing each other.

“Yah?! Who told you you can sit there?” you said

“This table is not your property. Anyone can sit anywhere.” He answered with a sense of authority over you.

“YAH! Kyuhyunnie~!!” the distant voice came closer.

“Pffft hahaha Kyuhyunnie~?!” you thought to yourself as you tried to contain the laughter.

Kyuhyun turned his head to see who had called him.

It was Kyuhyun’s best friend Sungmin. His smile was very warm. His eyes were pretty much sparkling. He wasn’t half bad. He approached the two of you waving and curiously looking at you for some reason.

Lee Sungmin was a completely defenseless nerd when he stepped in high school. Everyone was literally out to get him. He couldn’t even walk by the hall without getting picked on. Taunts such as “FOUR-EYED FREAK!” and “BABO!” would always ring in his ear. Then one afternoon, he got cornered by some bullies. They were just about to start when a bright shining beam of light shone on him. Kyuhyun tried to reason out with the bullies but they just wouldn’t listen. Then he did it the physical way.

“If you even dare to touch him, you’re all dead.” Kyuhyun declared without the slightest scratch on him. From then on, Sungmin treated him as his hero and followed Kyuhyun’s every step. The guy wanted to be exactly as brave and as strong as Kyuhyun. He learned martial arts and maybe even surpassed Kyuhyun’s abilities because he only learned the basic moves. Sungmin learned everything and became a black belter. So he was not just smart, he was not the type of guy you wanna mess with.

“ Yah Kyuhyunie! Have you replaced me already?! Is she your girlfriend?” he said with what Kyuhyun considered an annoying smile and nudged Kyuhyun’s arm.

“Psh.” You said but before you could deny the false idea, Kyuhyun chimed in.

“Aniyo. She’s the new girl, Chaejin.” He said and smiled at you.

“Ahh. I think she’s pretty cute” he said then winked at you.

You pursed your lips and ignore what he just did. He chuckled then went on with chatting with Kyuhyun.

“Well, I’ll start my search then!” Sungmin said as he left his conversation with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded. He then put his earphones on and took a bite of his sandwhich.

Your friend Yoori calls you over your phone. You answer but you don’t leave the table. You only turn to your side a bit and started talking to her.

“Yah Chaejin-ah! How’s the new school?! Have any of your plans worked yet?” she enthusiastically said.

“Ani! My first scheme didn’t work. But don’t worry! I’ve got a lot of tricks up my sleeves!”

“I know you’re going to come up with something!”. Yoori encouraged.

“You know you’re right Yoori!” you replied then you hung up.

You sneak a peak at Kyuhyun to see if he had heard your conversation. But he was happily munching on his snack.