CHAPTER 16: He's Worried

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

“Chaejin-ie~ I’m here!” Leeteuk sang as he opened the door with a couple of things that you couldn’t quite figure out.

Your eyes had completely closed. You felt yourself shut down. And you were out. You passed out. There was nothing more after that. All you felt was the extremely cold towel on the forehead and a hand that always check if your temperature had gone down.

“If this keeps up, I’m afraid you won’t be able to go to school tomorrow. I’ll call in and tell them you’re sick.” A voice said as a hand was your hair.

NEXT MORNING

You couldn’t even get up. You were still al wiped out. You heard Leeteuk come in and go out.

“He must’ve called me in sick.” You thought to yourself. “Well at least I’ll be free from barred plans and that jerk Kyuhyun.”

You decided to take advantage of your health condition and just cover yourself with the blanket.

[MEANWHILE, AT SCHOOL]

“Ugh! Where is she?! She’s going to be late!” Kyuhyun panicked to himself.

He kept running tapping his fingers on the desk and checking his phone if by any chance she had texted him.  But as he kept checking, there was not even one message. He let out a sigh and kept staring at the door hoping that this was just one of her clever schemes.

But the teacher came. “Good morning class. Miss Lee shall not be joining us today for she is ill. Her butler says that she’s bed-ridden and couldn’t even get up.” He announced.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen as he disappeared from reality.

Could it be because of what happened last night?! Could it be because I left her? Why was she that weak all of a sudden?! UGH! GOD! She’s too weak! This is my fault! He thought to himself.

The class went by Kyuhyun unknowingly. He couldn’t even pay attention to how the isotopes need to bond with this and that. All he could think about was going to you and seeing if you’re alright. He completely blamed himself for what had happened to you.

While blankly walking by the hallway, he saw Sungmin and frantically asked what happened to you.

“Yah! Sungmin-ah! Did you know about what happened to Chaejin?” he asked as he held onto Sungmin’s shoulders.

Just as surprised as Kyuhyun, Sungmin carefully removed his hands from his shoulder and asked Kyuhyun to take a deep breath.

“She was already sneezing and coughing on the way to her house but when I offered my jacket, she totally refused, I even texted if she was fine. All she told me was that she felt awesome.” Sungmin said with a slight shrug and a faint smile escaping his lips.

Kyuhyun blinked quickly.

“Dude! What’s up?! I haven’t seen you go like this because of a girl! This is surely a new feature of the Kyuhyun I knew.” Sungmin continued teasing him.

“Shut up.” Kyuhyun replied bitterly.

“Psh~ Admit it, you’re worried about her.” Sungmin added as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Shut it Bunny Boy!” he yelled.

“Awh come on Kyuhyun, don’t even go there! You’re the only living human who knows about my bunny obsession!” Sungmin pleaded to keep Kyuhyun quiet.

“Alright, alright! Just get to your class~!” he laughed.

“Oh yeah! Before I forget, do you wanna hang out after school? I have this new sick game I bought in Japan! I’d love to try it out!

“Sounds interesting, but my dad’s got me tied up with a schedule this afternoon. I’ll have to come by another time.” Kyuhyun lied.

Sungmin stared at him for a second then said, “Alright, if you say so.” He shrugged.

Kyuhyun was genuinely worried about you. Even he couldn’t believe it. But that piece of thought barely circled his mind. All he could think about was how to make up for what he thought he did to you.

[BACK HOME]

“Aaachoo!! Aaacchooo!! Gah! When iz dis gunna end?!” you exclaimed as you reached for more tissues and blew hard.

Leeteuk was clearing up the pieces of tissues you’ve used and tossed to the floor. Even being in front of such a disgusting sight, he still maintained his cool and put up with the way you were, the way you look and the way you sound.

“Look Chaejin, I’ve given you all the right medicine I know for your cold but I guess you’re sort of immune?” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow as he stood up. “Ooh wait! I have other business downstairs! Will you be alright if I leave you for a sec?” he quickly realized.

“Awwwhhh~~ But I’ll be bored~!!!” you playfully whined.

“Ugh! You’re such a child! Here, read this book! I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He said and threw a big hardbound book beside you.

Without another word, he was out the door. You pouted and touched the book. You picked it up and turned it to look at the cover. ‘WEBSTER’S DICTIONARY’ it read.

“GAAAAAHHH!!! LEETEUK!! YOU GAVE ME A FREAKING DICTIONARY, YOU IDIOT!!” you yelled at the best you can.


Mianhae my readers... I haven't updated at all... Now, here's a rather kilometric update...!! Hope you all enjoy! Merry Christmas!!!