CHAPTER 15: You're Out Sick

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

“Chaejin! What the hell? I would’ve sent a search party if you hadn’t come in the next 5 minutes!” he yelled. You could tell that he was totally worried about you since his eyes were practically glaring into your soul.

“Sheesh. You know I would’ve called if I could you know! There was no freakin’ reception where I was!” you yelled with a stuffed nose.

You wiped your nose and went passed him, entering your house. You put down your bag and drifted to the couch. Leeteuk closed the door with a sigh and locked it.

“You know I hate to be the stuck up parent here Chaejin. But I need to know that you’re safe. I’m responsible for you, you know.” He said and sat beside you.

“Ugh, I dow.  You’re juz looking oud vor bee.” You calmly said with a rather clogged nose.

(Author-nim here! In case my dear reader(s) didn’t understand what Chaejin said, please let me translate: “Ugh, I know. You’re just looking out for me.”
LOL~ I just wanted to emphasize that she had really caught a cold at the time J )

“And now, I guess I didn’t do my job properly.” Leeteuk said with a smirk.

He put his hand on your forehead and shook his head. “I knew it.” He remarked with a beam.

“What?” you asked with your eyes slowly drooping as you kept sniffing.

“You couldn’t handle the cold outside. You’re burning up. And I mean that in a medical way.” He said and messed up your hair.

“What’re you talking about~? I’m perfectly- ACHOO~!” you were cut off by your own sneeze.

“Saying that you’re ‘Achoo’ is solid proof that you’ve come down with something.” He explained as he pulled the hair near your face to give him a clear view of your tomato red skin.

“Come on, let’s get you to bed. I’ll get a cold towel.” He said as he stood up and held out his hand.

Your vision was slowly getting more and more blurred up. You felt as if everything around you was spinning. You could barely breathe from your nose since it had almost completely been clogged. Your eyelids were getting heavier by the moment. You found yourself hanging onto Leeteuk when you tried to reach for his hand and fell on him instead. He put your arm around his shoulder and took hold of you like he was helping someone who injured his leg or foot.

You really didn’t have a strong immune system at the time.  You were getting weaker. The fever had taken over you because of the piled emotions and extreme weather conditions you experienced. You held onto your butler for dear life as he guided you up the stairs. You heard him twist the doorknob on to your room and kicked it to get it open.

You may be unable to react physically nor verbally but you still heard him.

“Agh, well that wasn’t easy.” He said as he rubbed his lower back after he put you on the bed.  You imagined yourself with an eyeroll

“Now, I assume that you can’t get yourself out of that uniform? I guess I’ll have to do it too.” he said aloud as he raised an eyebrow.

Though awfully painful and unbearable, your eyes shot wide open and you forced every muscle in your living body and got up to say, “I-I’ll do it by byselv! You go get the cold dowel.”

(Translation: “I’ll do it by myself! You go get the cold towel.”)

It gave you a massive headache but at least you’ve shooed him from ever getting in the most humiliating situation with you if he changes your clothes.

“Alright, I’ll be right back.” He said and closed the door behind him.

You dragged yourself to your dresser to find a proper piece of comfortable clothing. You found the white cotton night gown you loved so much. It was soft, silky and unbelievably more comfortable than the uniform you wore the whole day. The dress had white laces al over and appeared pretty vintage. Kind of like the dresses worn in the Victorian era. You slipped it on and slid back to your bed.

Still unable to piece together what was happening, you took out your phone. The only thought in your mind was to turn it off. But when the light flashed on, there was a message from an unregistered number. You pressed read and the text said ; ‘You alright?’. It came to you in the instant. It was Sungmin the sweet, innocent and bubbly guy who took you home. You simply pressed reply and said, ‘I’m awesome.’ and turned off the phone. 


Hope you like the update!! Thanks for reading!