CHAPTER 20: The Awakening

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

KYUHYUN’S POV~

I didn’t think it was possible for her to think so quickly of a vengeance after that soup I fed her. She really thinks on her feet.

That sleeping pill gave me a massive headache.

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked to adjust to the light. As I came to, I realized that I was the one on her bed! She was peacefully snoozing right beside my arm. I rubbed my forehead and tried to carefully get off the bed.

It wasn’t easy because I might wake up the monster but I guess she was really sleepy. I stood up and stretched. “I really needed that sleep!” I stated.

I looked at her and tilted my head to get a better view of her face. “She’s really beautiful. But she doesn’t flaunt it around. She’s pretty concealed about herself. I wonder if she knows how pretty she is?” I whispered in my head as I admired her long curly eyelashes and pink lips.

“I’ve noticed those features the first time I laid eyes on her. It’s been really hard keeping it in because I just can’t tell her.”

I put my hands on my hips and took a look around. To my amazement, the bowl I brought was obviously empty. “She must’ve eaten it.” I assumed with an unknown smile on my face. The bits of green basil near her lips were proof that she had eaten the soup I made. I laughed to myself.

I took a deep breath as I tried to figure out the random girl on the edge of the bed. I beamed and moved her. I bridal-styled her to the bed and took a napkin from the tray. I took off the bits on her lips and I watched as she adjusted to her position on the bed. I took a step back to see if her position was comfortable but I almost tripped over the thick book on the floor.

“What the hell?!” I picked the book up to see that it was a dictionary. A FREAKING DICTIONARY. “What was she doing with this?!” I laughed to myself.

“OH! Sh*t! Damn! I hope it’s still here.” I panicked as I searched my pocket for the other reason I came here.

He took out a beautiful silver necklace with a diamond heart as the pendant. It sparkled as the light hit it. Kyuhyun carefully put it around Chaejin’s neck and attached the hooks together.

“Something that’ll remind you how beautiful you are.” He said and left the room.

On the way out, I saw her butler, Leeteuk. “Thank you for letting me in Leeteuk-sshi!” I smiled.

“You’re welcome! It’s nice to know that Chaejin’s made a good friend!” he warmly said.

I had to smile at what he said. It did seem that Chaejin didn’t keep a lot of friends around. The closest she had to a friend was the girl in the pictures on her room.

YOUR POV~

“Aaaah~ I had a nice sleep!” you said as you stretched.

“But eesh, what is this!? Why does my neck feel itchy?!” you felt for it until you found a tiny chain.

“A necklace?” you circled your fingers around it and felt a pendant in front.

“Who gave it to—.” You figure it out before you even finished the sentence.

“Kyuhyun.”

“But why?”

“Why would he give me something like this? He doesn’t like me, does he? Why the hell would he do this?!? He knows I won’t be staying at his school so why would he even bother!?! WHY?!? WHY THE HELL WOULD HE DO THIS.” I felt mad, I felt confused, but I really didn’t know what I felt.

I threw myself on the bed and buried my face in my pillow.

*Knock knock*

A faint knock sounded. “Chaejin, you up?” it was Leeteuk.

I pulled myself up and sat on my bed. “Yeah! Come on in.”

He came and instantly saw the smushed expression on my face.

“What’s wrong.” He instinctively asked.

I angrily pointed at the necklace I was wearing.

“Well, that’s a nice necklace. I’ve never seen it before, but it looks nice. What’s the problem?” he asked again which meant he didn’t get it.

“GAAAH!!” I yelled as I pointed to the necklace again with more emphasis this time.

“I still don’t understand. You can’t get it off and you want me to help?” he dumbly asked.

“Ugh! DO-YOU-KNOW-WHO-GAVE-IT-TO-ME?” I said word after word as if I was talking to an infant.

“How the heck would I know!” he said then made a face, a face that seemed to have finally figured out.

“Was it Kyuhyun?” he asked.

“Give the man a prize! He FINALLY got it!” I said madly. “What does it mean? What am I going to do about it?! You’re my butler! You have to give me a solution!”

“Well, if it’s a relationship, you’re certainly no good at that because you’ve never had one, it’s not an act of friendship either because then, he wouldn’t have used a heart as a pendant. I think the guy ACTUALLY likes you. Huh, how about that, a guy actually likes you!” he said amazed.

“He’s wha—Wha’d you say—Are you—HUH?!?!?!?” I couldn’t even find the words.

“Say, think, and do what you want, Kyuhyun likes you.” Leeteuk insisted.

“But-b-b-but…” I was uttering complete non sense.

“Well, since this conversation is no longer productive, I must attend to dinner~.” He shrugged then left.


Happy reading everyone!!! Thanks a bunch!!!