CHAPTER 19: Your Butler Buts In

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

YOUR POV~

Man! This guy WOULD NOT give up! He went to this extent just to--.

Wait, it’s only 1:30 in the afternoon. That means he cut a couple of our classes. Why in hell would he go that far just to play another trick on me?

You looked at how surprisingly relaxed his face was as you sat on the chair next to the bed.

What is this guy’s problem? Couldn’t he have waited for me to at least go to school to be pranked? Hold it, we have a truce! He can’t do that.

You stood up and checked on the soup he set on the table and studied it. As you found out, the soup was totally safe. He didn’t spike it or anything. It only had the contents fit for a person who had a cold. And come to think of it, your clogged nose felt way better.

His objective WAS to take care of me? He wasn’t here to poison me. You gave yourself a smirk.

He cut class, made me this soup and went directly to me so that he knew I’d take it. What kind of person exactly are you Cho Kyuhyun?

You sank deeper into thought and found yourself staring at him. You mentally complimented his facial features; how his nose was so pointy, how his skin was just like milk and that his eyelashes were perfect.

AAchoo!” the sneeze brought you back to reality. Luckily, the sleeping pill made him deaf too. You stood up and took the bowl with the spoon.

I should really throw this away before anything bad happens.

But as you were about to do that, you mindlessly fell back on the chair with the bowl in your hands. You went in deep thought again. You didn’t know what it was but it was some kind of force pulling you in and stopping you from getting up. Being in fantasyland for a while, you didn’t even notice that you were slowly gulping down bits of the soup as you fawned over Kyuhyun’s lips and how they look perfect whenever it curves into a smirk.

The taste no longer mattered to you as you got used to it with every bite and in fact, you were starting to like it. It was either that or you were just too hungry.

Aiiisshhh~!!! Chaejin-ah! Get a hold of yourself! He’s enemy! He’s not that good-looking anyway (you lied). All you have to do is put up with him so you can get out of the school! That’s it! No more ,no less. You have to stay focused! You talked to yourself as you finally got the strength to get up from the chair.

The bowl on the other hand, was almost empty. You still kept scooping it with the spoon and eating it while you roamed around your room, admiring the décor you’ve done through all the years; photos from where you’ve been and pictures of you with Yoori.

“Alright Chaejin! I’m sorry for leaving you for so lo—“ Leeteuk barged in through the door with a tray full of real food. You almost dropped the bowl you had.

But as he saw that you were the one standing up and Kyuhyun was on your bed unconscious.

“Whoa, I was not expecting this scene.” He said as he laid the tray down.

“I-it’s not what you think!” you defensively denied as if something did happen.

“I let him in to keep you company. I thought he was a friend of yours.” He added as he waved his hands in front of Kyuhyun’s face to check if he really was asleep.

“Yeah, I guess, kinda, he is a friend I think.” You stuttered.

“Why won’t he wake up? We’ve been really discussing here.” Leeteuk wondered as he put his hands on his hips and examined Kyuhyun.

“Uh-he he… He’s out cold.” You shyly said as you played with the spoon in your bowl.

“What? Wait, how?! Did he faint? Does he have a condition?” he asked immediately as he checked Kyuhyun’s forehead and lifeless cheeks.

“Where was that attitude when I was sick?!” you protested. “I put one sleeping pill in his drink.” You admitted.

“You what?!” he yelled.

“You heard me! That guy’s been messing with me, The Great Lee Chaejin!” you proudly said.

“Do you realize that you just drugged a guy? Chaejin, that sleeping pill lasts for 5 hours!” he explained as calm as he could.

“So?” you asked.

“THAT WAS IL FREAKIN’ LEGAL!” he whispered shouting as he gritted his teeth.

The guy was going crazy over the unconscious Kyuhyun on your bed. He kept circling the bed and scratching his head. Looking at how stressed he was, “Chill out! It’s not the first time.” You mumbled before you said, “Alright, I’ll take care of this problem. I promise Teuk. I promise he’ll STAY ALIVE. Okay? Just go back to what you were doing.”

“Do you really promise that?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes.” You reluctantly said. “He’ll be fine.”

“Alright, if you say so.” He said calmly as he headed to the door. “By the way,” he stopped and faced you. “Your voice sounds way better! How did you do that?”

You took the spoon out of the now empty bowl and pointed it at Kyuhyun.

“Huh, you finally made a good friend.” He said then walked away.

You checked if what Leeteuk said was true and you tried to breathe in and breathe out through your nose.

“He’s right! I feel way better!” you stated.

Well now, I guess dragging you outside is out of the question. I promised my most trusted friend that I wouldn’t ‘HARM’ you in any way. That’s no fun. You heaved a sigh and placed the bowl on the table and tore a piece of bread from the tray Leeteuk brought.

Bored, you sat back down on the chair and rested your head on the bed to get some sleep instead. It wasn’t hard for you to fall asleep even in that position.

“Sheesh, I can’t believe I can’t even draw on your face.” You muffled before you closed your eyes. “This must be your lucky day.”


Thanks for the support everyone!! Happy Reading!!!