CHAPTER 11: He's Scared (Too)

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

“What’s taking that meeting so long?!” you thought to yourself.

The sun was setting. Darkness was starting to creep into the windows next to you. You were now chewing on your nails and looking around for any sign of man, specifically, your teacher. You rested your eyes on the wall clock in front. “6:30” it read.

You couldn’t handle it anymore,  you stood up and switched on the lights then tried to open the door. Then chills ran up your spine as you tried even harder to turn the knob clockwise and counter clockwise. You kept fiddling with it until you finally gave up.

“We’re locked in.” you concluded as you faced the ground.

At that instant, Kyuhyun stood up and tried to open the door himself. He did the same things you did but nothing worked. He looked at the side of the door and at its hinges. They appeared rusted and a bit dirty.

“It must be jammed because the teacher slammed it.” He said as he inspected the door knob.

“What?! Was he retarded or something?! Are we trapped here?!” you angrily said.

You were now sweating. You forced yourself to remain calm but panic and fear crept up to you real quickly. You were trying really hard not to show Kyuhyun that you were starting to get scared. The situation you two were in was not the kind you really liked even when you were a child.

Flashback

“Umma!! Appa!! Teuk!! Let me out!! HELP!!” you cried out.

You were still 5 years old back when you accidentally locked yourself in the basement. No one would respond to your cries but you kept banging on the door.

“Open the dooorrr!!!” your cries kept getting louder.

Then suddenly the light came in as the door was finally opened. It was Leeteuk who opened the door. You hugged him tightly when you came out. It was like you never wanted to let him go as you cried even more on his shoulder. All he could do was pat your back and try to comfort you.

Ever since, you’ve had an issue with being trapped like that. Sort of like Claustrophobia. The fear you felt that time was horrible. Being alone in the darkness of your basement and all that.

(End)

You took out your phone but only to be more scared than you are already. “NO SIGNAL” it read.

“What the is this?! This is such a prestigious school with so many fancy things and spots and now we’re in a deadspot?!” you exclaimed in anger and fear.

You saw Kyuhyun take out his phone too but his facial expression said it all. He also had no signal.

“What now?!” you asked him and yourself as you slumped yourself back to our chair.

“That damn teacher must’ve forgot he had us in here and went on home.” He said as he sat and face palmed. “This has never happened before in all my years here.” He added in depression.

You tried to keep yourself silent and forget the fear you felt back then and focus on the ceiling or floor instead.

Tss. Why does this need to happen to me? Why now?! And most of all why with HIM?! Ugh! How are we going to get out of this dilemma?! There has to be a way!”

You stood up and went to the teacher’s table to look for the key but you only found a pile of old test papers and a couple of chalks. You slammed back the drawer and put your hands on the table.

 You marched to the door and started to violently turn the door knob and bang on the door.

“You know, you’re only gonna hurt yourself.” Kyuhyun said.

Then you stopped banging on the door and leaned on it instead. The corridors were really dark and isolated. It was pitch black. Then I looked at the clock again. “7:15”. You moaned impatiently and kept blaming the teacher that left you.

“You got any other bright ideas?” you asked him with an eyebrow raised.

He stood up. He took his wallet from his back pocket then picked out a card. He approached the door and inserted his card into the side near the knob. He kept fidgeting it as it made squeaking sounds.

“It won’t work Einstein.” You sarcastically said.

 

“Yah! Do you really want to get out of here of are you just going to stand there and insult me?!” he said as he looked at you.

You could see that he was just as pissed off as you were so you tried the card thing by yourself. It was now getting cold. Being in such an enclosed room, the cold draft still kept coming in. Then you just had to put the card down and sit.

“How in hell are we going to get out of here?” you exhaled then accidentally sneezed because it was really starting to get really cold.

“I guess we should wait for a bit. Maybe a janitor or someone else will come.” He replied calmly as he checked his watch again.