16th

The Moonstar

Someone walked to the rooftop. Opened the door slowly without making any noises and immediately covered . She saw a couple was hugging on the rooftop. A sight of the most popular Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae’s relative, Ta Sungjae.

“This is going to be a super good news for him, isn’t it?” She smirked and closed the door before went down to her class.

***

It has reached 3pm, and that means all students are dismissed from the class. Within 10 minutes, streets were filled with students walking there and there and before we blink our eyes, school area was empty.

“Hey,” Someone patted Kibum’s shoulder. Kibum turned his back to find Kyuhyun and Heechul who were smiling widely towards him.

“Oh, hi,” Kibum replied and walked with both of them together.

“Are you okay?” Kyuhyun asked, placed his iPhone to his sling-bag.

“I miss Hyukjae,” Kibum muttered.

“Me too. I am wondering what is he doing right now,” Kyuhyun replied.

“Guys. Don’t you smell there is something suspicious? About Ta Sungjae and Hyukjae?” Heechul said.

“I don’t think so? They are relatives, right?” Kibum said.

“Yea I know they are relatives. But, not any single school would accept student exchange for all 3rd grader,” Heechul explained.

Kibum and Kyuhyun frowned and looked at Heechul intensely before Heechul continued.

“And another thing is, the last time we met Hyukjae when we were on our way to the mountain, aren’t we? We hadn’t hear anything about him and once we did, he is on the student exchange program and like I said, which is impossible,”

“So…?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow.

“There is a possibility that Ta Sungjae is actually, Lee Hyukjae,” Heechul confessed and crossed his arms.

“Heechul, what are you thinking about? Hyukjae is a guy and Sungjae is a female. Does that even make sense if Hyukjae actually wants to wear skirt and a long haired wig before slipped two oranges into his chest as the s?” Kibum blabbered.

“Do you believe in curse?” Heechul whispered.

“Heechul, I believe Hyukjae is sleeping peacefully at Mokpo and not even want to go to school,” Kyuhyun continued.

“No, it’s just like… When things are not always right, go left,” --Heechul

“Then? What is this conversation has to do with direction?” –Kibum

“When logical could not solve the problem, we could always try to think illusional,”

“So? You are telling us that actually you do believe those illusional things such as curse, magic, and many others?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Not really. But in this case, I do,” Heechul said.

“You read Harry Potter too much, don’t you?” Kibum raised his eyebrow.

“I am stopped reading them since 1st grader, Kibum,” Heechul rolled his eyes.

“Why don’t we contact Hyukjae to make sure where actually is he?” Kyuhyun said.

Heechul and Kibum widened their eyes. Kyuhyun was right. They hadn’t contact Hyukjae since they are arrived at their houses. They could not contact Hyukjae when they were at the mountain because lack of signals.

“You are right,” Kibum pulled out his handphone and dialed Hyukjae’s number. He waited ten seconds before he could hear a familiar voice.

“Hi?”

“Hyukjae? Is this you?” Kibum said.

“Loudspeaker it!” Heechul said and Kibum did what Heechul told.

“Yeah it’s me. Why is it?” Hyukjae chuckled.

“HYUKJAE! I thought we lost you!” Heechul chirped.

Hyukjae chuckled. “What are you guys thinking about? Aren’t the teacher told you guys that I am having student exchange with Sungjae?”

“They did. But I could not believe them easily since there is no school who would accept student exchange for 3rd grader,” –Heechul.

“Yeah, it is an exception for Sungjae’s school. The headmaster kept begging to our dickhead principal to have a student exchange with me,”

“Really? When did they do that? I meant, this is our first day class after the Spring School Trip, right? No, drop this topic and tell us where did you go that time,” –Kyuhyun.

“I left,”

“You left?! But aren’t you the one who said you’re scared if you could not graduate despite the fact if we left the trip we will get red marks on our report card?” –Heechul.

“ the rules then,”

“Wow. Don’t sad if you see us graduating and you still have to study as 3rd grader,” –Kibum.

“And, how come you could fly to Mokpo and be a student there?” –Kyuhyun.

“I told you like 20 seconds earlier,”

“Okay, I am confused,” –Heechul.

“Guys, listen. After I left and reached my house, I got a call from Mrs. Han. She said that Sungjae’s school Headmaster wanted to have a student exchange with this school. It was also a sudden move. Mrs. Han threatened me if I didn’t take the offer, I would not graduate because I had left the trip. I flied to Mokpo on yesterday evening which was Sunday. I’d rather to take the offer instead of didn’t graduate and have to re-study again,”

“Oh. It does make sense,” Kibum nodded.

“Yeah. Heechul said that you got a curse from someone I don’t know he is being illusional,” Kyuhyun mumbled.

There was a silent before Heechul called Hyukjae’s name.

“Hey Hyuk, you okay?”

“Oh? Yes I am,”

“When will you going back?” –Heechul asked.

“I will not going back before we graduated,”

“WHAT?!” Three of them shouted to the phone.

“Yeah… Sorry guys, I have to go,” Hyukjae said and ended the call.

“See Heechul? Hyukjae said that by himself,” Kibum patted his shoulder and shoved his phone back to his pocket.

“I don’t know. I still could smell something fishy here. And Hyukjae’s explanation still sounded so ambiguous in my ear,” Heechul shrugged.

“Don’t you trust him?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I do. But not for now,” Heechul sighed and three of them walked home together.

 

 

“! That was close,” Hyukjae said as he wiped his sweat on his forehead. It’s a good thing that he didn’t stutter when he told his friends all those lies. He placed his phone on the bench he was sitting on before his mind back to two hours earlier.

Donghae was still hugging Hyukjae. Hyukjae hadn’t stop crying after he found out that someone he loves cheated on him. Hyukjae buried his head on Donghae’s chest and clutched his shirt. It was too pain to handle, Hyukjae thought. Donghae understand how was Hyukjae feels that time, that he let Hyukjae let out his tears and wetting Donghae’s shirt.

Donghae sighed before lifted Hyukjae’s chin lightly.

“Don’t cry anymore,” Donghae said.

Hyukjae did not reply except let out an ugly sobbing.

“If you cry, the image of you cried at your mother’s funeral flashed on my mind again,”

Hyukjae stopped crying and looked at Donghae’s warm and beautiful face.

“You… What?”

“I came to your Mom’s funeral,” Donghae explained.

“But… I didn’t see you,”

“I was hiding, Hyukjae. I did not have any guts to face you after what I had done to you. I wanted to hug you and calm you down that time. But… I just could not do that,” Donghae said.

“I sort of regretting it that time,” Donghae continued. “If I do what I want, maybe we don’t have hatred feelings to each other right now. If I hugged you and calm you down, you might forgive me for what I had done. Hyukjae, just tell me the truth. You hoped that I could popped anytime soon that time, right?”

“I did not,” Hyukjae snorted.

“You’re lying. Your nose scrunched up if you are lying. And now that’s what your nose doing,” Donghae chuckled.

“Yes I did and what is wrong with that? Is it wrong if I’m hoping for my bestfriend to come to my mother’s funeral? Is it wrong if actually I am hoping you were there, beside me? Is it wrong? You know what? Before I thought that you didn’t come to my mother’s funeral, I did not have any hatred feelings towards you even though we fought often at Junior School that time. I did not, have any hatred feelings to you. But then after I knew that you didn’t come to my mother’s funeral, the real hatred feelings are filling my heart, Donghae. It does, until now,” Hyukjae explained.

“Overall, all those hatred feelings you have are came because of me didn’t present at your mom’s funeral, am I right?” Donghae asked.

Hyukjae slowly nodded. “If only you know how hurts and broken am I that time,”

“Sorry?” Donghae mumbled.

“You what?” Hyukjae asked.

“I’m sorry. And let me pay for all of it now,” Donghae said and hugged Hyukjae tightly. He Hyukjae’s head softly before kissed his forehead and mumbled other sorries.

“You think apologizes are enough, huh? Don’t you even think how much money I’ve spent to heal my wound because of fighting with you?” Hyukjae chuckled.

“Sorry again?” Donghae asked.

“Not forgiven,” Hyukjae mumbled.

“Come on, Lee Hyukjae. Does not matter how much you said that you hate me, I always know that actually you never hates me,” Donghae smiled.

“Shut up,”

Hyukjae touched his forehead. Did he really kiss me there?!

Hyukjae panicked as he pulled out a tissue from his sling bag and wiped his forehead, but then stopped.

Why don’t I slap him when he kissed me? Why do I agree to get hugged by him? Why the hell I told the truth to him? Why the—

“WHAT THE—THAT’S COLD!” Hyukjae yelped when he felt something hard and cold against his slim cheek. It was Leeteuk.

“Hi,” Leeteuk said. “Want a soda? It’s strawberry milk soda,”

Hyukjae was hesitated at first, but in the end he took the soda and mumbled a thankyou.

“Tell me… Are you in love with someone?” Leeteuk asked.

“No. I don’t have someone I’m in love right now,” Hyukjae replied. Well, that’s true, wasn’t it?

“Really? Then do I have the chance?” Leeteuk smiled widely.

“What chance?” Hyukjae asked and drank the strawberry milk soda.

“To be your boyfriend, of course,”

Hyukjae chocked on his strawberry milk soda that it flew out from his mouth, and spurt it to the ground.

“Oh sorry, did I make you startle?” Leeteuk asked and helped Hyukjae to clean himself with his handkerchief.

“You think?” Hyukjae replied coldly.

“Sorry… I didn’t mean that,” Leeteuk said softly and looked at Hyukjae with his most innocent eyes.

“T-that’s okay,” Hyukjae stammered. Leeteuk smiled and then, he move closer to Hyukjae and looked at the beautiful orangey sun and the sparkles that came out from the lake with a few of lotus flowers on its surface. Somehow, the view calmed Hyukjae’s mess mind, and made him forget the things that he was thinking. He loved the view and was so mesmerized by it, and did not realize that Leeteuk was looking at him lovingly before muttered the words

“I love you, Sungjae,”

***

“Detention is over,” The teacher said. Donghae sighed happily and took out his backpack under his chair. It has reached 5pm and the sun was going to set soon. He walked out from the building and headed home. He was wondering where was Hyukjae, and decided to send him a message. In a minute he got a reply and it says he had reached home. Donghae smiled when he remembered the moment during lunch break. Is it normal to feel this way? Donghae asked himself. He chuckled and hummed a song, while calling back the memories he had with Hyukjae during their childhood, without realizing a bunch of guys slowly approaching him and within a second, he could feel his body was all wet.

“HI! I’m Luhan! Please get off from Sungjae because she is mine! Thanks!” A tiny guy said after he splashed a bucket full of water onto Donghae.

“What the hell?!” Donghae wiped the water from his face and glared at Luhan.

“I am Xi Luhan. I am from 2-1, so I am your Junior. Well, I don’t care. What Luhan wants, Luhan gets,” He smiled evilly towards Donghae before settled down the empty bucket next to him.

“Tell me what you want to do with me,” Donghae said.

“I want Sungjae. She is your girlfriend, right?” He asked.

“She what?!” Donghae shocked.

“Your girlfriend. My friend said that both of you were hugging on the rooftop. Then what is that if you are not a couple?”

“Kid. So if I hug my bestfriend, does that mean I am HIS boyfriend too?” Donghae chuckled.

“I don’t care!” Luhan pouted. “I just want you to give me my Sungjae!”

“Your Sungjae? She just moved here today,”

“I know! I love her at the first sight when I saw her at teacher’s office, doing a lot of registrations. When her long hair covered her face lovingly, I feel like I was looking at an angel sent from heaven….,” Luhan said and closed his eyes, being delusional.

Donghae’s mouth gape opened looking at the tiny guy in front of him. He looked at the bunch of other guys surrounding him and he had the feeling if the others also behave like Luhan.

“So?” Donghae raised his eyebrow.

“Don’t lay your hands on Sungjae! That’s final!” Luhan said and walked away, followed by the other guys and left the wet Donghae alone. All of sudden the winds started blowing, made Donghae shivered. This is scary. Two persons are fighting for Sungjae. Donghae thought. He sneezed and stopped walking for a while. Wh-whoa, was that an earthquake? Why do I feel the street was spinning? Donghae thought again. He immediately shook his head and walked properly to his house, wanted to get rest immediately.

 

“Wow it is surely a heavy rain,” Hyukjae muttered and peeked from the window. He hugged himself and the air heather. “Usually rain didn’t come on spring,”

Hyukjae shrugged and pulled out his phone. He was slowly drowned on his activity before he heard a loud thud from outside the house.

“What the is that?” Hyukjae said and stood up, opened the front door and shocked.

“WHAT THE DONGHAE ARE YOU ALLRIGHT!?!?!” Hyukjae screamed as he found Donghae was laying there. He bent down and checked on his temperature and yelped when he realized that Donghae actually caught a cold. He helped Donghae to stood up and bring him into his room immediately.

“Change your clothes or else you’d get sick,” Hyukjae said and shoved a lot of clothes to Donghae. “Oh, wait. You are sick already,”

He walked out from the room and opened the drug cabinet, looking for a medicine but to his surprise, there was not any single medicine he could find.

“Seriously Donghae? All this time you live alone you never get sick that you never buy a medicines?!” Hyukjae pulled his hair desperately and walked to Donghae’s room again. He quite shocked when he found out Donghae had change his clothes and he lay there with duvet all over his body. Hyukjae took out another blanket from the laundry room before covering Donghae with it and pressed his palm on Donghae’s forehead. Damn it is getting hot. He surely needs a medicine.

“Donghae, I am going to buy medicine, okay? Stay here,” Hyukjae said and left the room. He took out an umbrella and headed to the nearest drug store and bought a lot of medicine. Vitamin, aspirin, pain killer, antibiotic, and many others. He knew a lot of medicines since Hyukjae took care of his mother when she was sick and for him, it was surely a pain memory to see his mother lay on the bed without any strength. He frowned when the bad memories back to him again, and startled when he heard a familiar voice came.

“Sir, can I get an aspirin? I need them immediately right now,” Heechul walked to the counter and stood next to Hyukjae.

“Oh? Sungjae?” Heechul asked.

“H-hi,” Hyukjae replied. Don’t stutter, hyukjae!

“How is your cousin doing in Mokpo? Is he allright?” Heechul asked, tried to open the conversation

“Y-yeah he is fine,” Hyukjae replied and scratched his head with his left hand.

Heechul’s eyes widened when he saw a bracelet on Hyukjae’s left wrist.

That’s… THAT’S A ING FRIENDSHIP BRACELET BETWEEN ME AND HIM!!

He immediately grabbed Hyukjae’s wrist and Hyukjae was startled, of course.

“W-what are you doing?” Hyukjae asked.

“Tell me. You are not Sungjae, aren’t you? Sungjae actually never exist, right? You are Hyukjae, right?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wah heechul you are smart enough /nods/

hello new subcsribers! and thanks for the comments, hehe. 

i could not wait for your response and what do you think of this chapter! so... hehe you could abuse the "post comment" down there ; w ; 

xoxo