Those Six Strange boys.

Anything but routine.

 I walked out of the school gates to see a familiar girl being charged at by a boy taller than her. 

"NOONA!" he squealed as she was lifted off the ground by the boy. 

"Songjongie~" She cooed as five other boys surrounded her.

"Yahh maknae, get off her." A tiny-eyed boy spoke up.

"No, Noona's mine!" He said hugging the girl protectively.

"I missed you too Sungjongie, but let me greet them." He obidiently let go and pouted.

Watching them, I couldn't help but think, how happy they all looked. They must have come from the ghetto part of town all the way here. Their uniforms are a dead giveaway, but not only that, they seemed different. Different than the cold, loveless students here. Yeah, thats what it is, they all must love each other. I'd be lying to say I wasn't jealous, but the only experience in love I have is what's in movies. So I couldn't be too jealous, could I? A yell snapped me out of my thoughts.

"MYUNGSOO! Come here!" Sunhee said waving me over. I looked around to make sure she was speaking to me, and not another Myungsoo. "YES YOU! Come on!" She waved. I trudged over there slowly feeling seven pairs of eyes on me. It didn't feel intimidating, or malicious, but they felt welcoming.

"What's up?" I said as nonchalantly as I could as I stood next to her and Chanhee. 

"Meet my friends~ Oh, and do you want to come with us to grab a bite to eat?" Before I replied, These six boys were intorducing themselves.

" Kim Sunggyu~ I'm the eldest." The tiny eyed boy spoke up.

"Nam Woohyun, Sunhee's husband." The latter rolled her eyes as the boy next to him pushed him.

"Sungjong~ I'm Sunhee Noona's favorite." He said as he smiled. Woohyun just gave him a noogie.

"Sungyeol." A friendly looking boy said as he waved. I smiled instinctively.

"I'm Dongwoo~ " A boy with the most infectious smile spoke up.

"And I'm Howon, But you can call me Hoya, are you takng care of our little ball of sunshine Sunhee?"  He said looking both me and Chanhee.

"Yahh, Hoya don't scare them." Sunhee said lightly shoving the boy. He just laughed. 

"I'm sorry Sunhee~ I have to go run some errands for Appa." Chanhee spoke up. 

"Oh I forgot! Yeah, go ahead. Maybe next time." she said as they hugged somewhat awkwardly. 

"Nice meeting all of you! Take care of her." He said directing his attention to me at the latter part.

"Bye~" The boys chorused. As I nodded in aknowledgement. 

"So you're coming with us, right Myungsoo?" Sunhee said looking straight into my eyes as if looking straight through me with those big eyes of hers. Ahh, what do I have to lose? Its not like I had anything to do today anyways.

"Sure." I replied curtly. 

"Yay!" The maknae cheered as he linked arms with me as well as Sunhee. "Let's go!" He sad dragging us away. Sunhee laughed and cheered. "Whoo Hooo! Let's go!"  as unsure of this as I was, one thing was definitely sure and genuine. Sunhee's cheer and the smile plastered on my face. 

We arrived at a bus stop a few blocks from our school. When the bus pulled up I was confused as to how approach this new situation. I had been driven around my whole life  and my mother would throw a fit if she found out I was riding public transportation. The thought of her face made me smile. 

"Lost?" Sunhee asked me. I nodded. She paid for me and dragged me to the seats in the back where everyone else was sitting. she motioned for me to sit next to her and I followed. 

"Um. Thanks" 

"Oh? For that? Its not a big deal. Its probaly your first time on a bus right?" I just nodded. She giggled. "I figured." She turned around to Sunggyu and Sungyeol, who were sitting behind us. "Where are we going?" 

"Glasses ahjusshi misses you!" Sungjong chirped from the seat across from Sungyeol. 

"Yeah, we were thinking we would visit him, eat there and then who knows?" Sunggyu added.

"Alright!" She smiled and turned back around. "Myungsoo, let's play a game." I looked at her quizically. "Its called two truths and one lie. All you do is say two truths and one lie about yourself and the other person has to guess the lie." 

"Alright." I replied as she smiled.

"I'll go first! Okay, um I lived in Japan for a couple of years, I came out in a magazine once, and.. we've met before this school year."

"We've met before this school year is the lie." I said pretty sure of my answer, with her looks and style, is likely to be featured as a street style spot in a magazine. I don't remember her before this semester, so that has to be the lie. 

"WRONG~ Me living in Japan is the lie." 

"Wait, what? We've met before? When?" I asked, really confused. She put her finger on my lips.

"Se-cret~ Unless you remember." She giggled and took her finger off my lips. My lips felt all tingly at her touch.

"What?" I said still confused.

"You turn!" I just left it at that. 

"Um, I was blonde once, I threw up on getting off a horse once, and I was adopted."

"You were adopted as the the lie!" She said almost automatically.

"How did you" She smiled and said, "You don't seem like outdoorsy type and blonde wouldn't look too bad on you."

I smirked. "Oh so you like blondes?" Where was this coming from?! 

She laughed, "No, not necessarily. Looks don't matter all that much to me." Soon after the bus stopped and we were at our destination as indicated by Sungjongs squeals. We walked towards a small cafe that looked cozy and had an array of pastry and food on display as well as the hypnotizing aroma of coffee. 

Sunhee ran in, and said "GLASSES AHJUSSI!" An older man came out from the back as we walked in, and yelled, "IS THAT MY MAGICAL BALL OF SUNSHINE SUNHEE?" 

She giggled and hugged him. The man must have been in his early thirties and he was quite handsome and young looking for his age. He wore glasses and was dressed in a paper boy cap, gray vest, white shirt, red bowtie, and black jeans. The music that was playing inside the coffee shop was  in English. Frank Sinatra, I think. She let him go and he proceeded to greet everyone. He nudged Sunhee and motioned to me. 

"Ahh, Glasses Ahjussi, this is my friend from school Myungsoo. Myungsoo, this is Glasses Ahjussi." He smiled waved. "Nice to meet you Myungsoo~  Any friend of Sunhee is welcome here." I nodded cordialy and smiled. 

"Ahjusshi! Im hungry!" Woohyun spoke and everyone chimed in agreement. 

"Aishh, you kids always hungry. Come on sit down, I'll bring you usual. For you Myungsoo?" Before I could speak up, "BRING HIM THE APPLE STRUDEL!" Sungyeol and Sunhee spoke. 

"Is that cool?" he asked me. I just nodded. The apple strudel was delicious.

The rest of the day was really fun. Her friends accepted me as one of them. I have never laughed this much in my life. When we left the cafe we ended up going to karaoke and that was  a loud diaster. It was fun. They even gave me a nickname, L. It had a nice ring to it, and I like the anime so it wasn't so bad. When we parted it was just Sunhee and I, because we live the closest together. We walked together in a comfortable silence. 

When we arrived in front of her house she stopped. "Bye Myungsoo~" She waved. I waved back and turned around. When I turned she tapped my shoulder and kissed me. She kissed me on the cheek. She giggled. I felt my face heating up. Stop it face!

"Goodnight L!" She said as she laughed and jogged towards her door.

I didn't sleep a wink that night. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for reading! please feel free to commment and subscribe!

did you like meeting infinite?