Family.

Anything but routine.

I walked into the office to see my "brother" and our driver. Ahh this is so weird. It even feels weird to think the word driver. (or brother for that matter.) 

"Come along young master and young miss, your father wants to see the both of you." Our driver, Mr. Yoo, said as he opened the door for us. We walked through the door silently. I trudged behind my so-called brother. Its not that I hate the guy, its just that things are just so awkward between us. I guess thats the result of 17 years of not knowing each other. I may as well go ahead of him. Its too awkward to walk near him. 

"Mr. Yoo~ Can I have the keys pleaseee?" The elderly man chuckled and gave them to me. "Don't go for a joy ride!" I giggled at the thought and skipped ahead. "Sir yes sir!" I soon arrived at the car and opened the car for them. I  quickly took my seat in the back and put my headphones in. The two older males joined me in the car. One taking his position in the driver seat, where the keys where waiting for him in the ignition and the other taking his seat by the window to the far left of me. The car ride was silent, except for my singing along to whatever I was listening to, effectively putting the boy next to me asleep.

The car eventually came to a halt in front of a large skyscraper. Lee Corporations. I sighed and quickly got of the car, my legs dying to stretch out. I started dancing around and heard a car door close behind me. "Lets go." He said as he walked past me. 

"Ne~" I said stretching my arms for the last time, following behind the short male. As we walked in, many people bowed as a sign of respect. This all feels so foreign to me. I did my best to smile at everyone and eventually we were in front of our father's office. We walked in and were greeted by the back of our dad's huge leather chair and the sound of him talking on the phone. The male I walked in with took a seat on the large leather couch and my attention turned towards the window. We were up on the top floor and I couldn't but think how small everything looks from here. From up here, everyone looks the same. 

"Ahh yes, I'm sorry I have to call you back. Talk to Mr. Kwon about that. Goodbye." He swivled his chair towards the front only to find his son sitting down looking at his phone and me by the window looking out. "Sunhee, come sit down by Chanhee. Chanhee, get off your phone." I trudged to the couch and plopped down by the boy.

"So, whats up?" I said fixing my skirt. Chanhee yawned.

"We're having dinner tonight with a business partner of mine and I figured we could all go together after I finished work. But- I completely forgot the both of you were in your uniforms.  Which brings me to the topic, Sunhee, why aren't you wearing your new uniform?" 

"I couldn't find it. "

"What do you mean?" 

"I couldn't find it."

"Oh your right, my mistake i didn't have Mr. Yoo pick it up yet." 

"So what else about our uniforms?" Chanhee asked rather indifferently. 

"Ahh yes, thank you son, take your sister shopping and find something for tonight. Be back by 5:30." He handed him his platnium card. "Have fun!" he said as we walked towards the door. I waved, "Ahnnyoung~"   On awkward walk to the car later, i decided to break the silence. 

"Are these dinner things important? Oh, and is it normal for them to be on a Monday night?"

"Kind of. They matter to dad and his partner to keep an eye on each other and yes." He said with his head still buried in his phone.

"Who are you texting? Your girlfriend?"

"Does it matter?"

"Just trying to make coversation, grumpy pants." another awkward silence filled the car. I sighed and put on my headphones. He's so moody. I wonder what the guys would say about him? They probably wouldn't stop bugging him until he cracked. I smiled at the thought. The car stopped in which i quickly jumped out again to stretch. Sitting down for extended periods of time bugs me. Again the 'moody prince' came out and made me follow him. 

He made me try on countless dresses to the point where I felt more like a toy than an actual human being. I really didn't pay attention to them until the store clerk put a pale blue one in the pile of dresses I was to try on. The color reminded me of the sky. I put it on and stepped out.

"We'll take it. Lets go get shoes." The moody boy led me to the shoe section and picked out some simple black ones.

"I'm going to go change, wait right here." He took about five minutes in total and walked towards me. "Looks like we have enough time to do your hair. Come on." He pulled me towards a small exclusive looking salon and told the stylist to do whatever. I took a seat and a woman with blue hair done like a pin up girl approached me. "Is my hair going to end up blue too?" She laughed at that and said, " Not today sweetie. Just a simple updo will sufice today." I looked in the seat next to me, only to find Chanhee getting his hair curled.

"Alright."  She turned me away from the mirrior and worked her magic on my hair. After a what felt like hours, she turned me around and what I saw surprised me. I looked like a completely different person. For one, I was wearing a pale blue dress which looked like it belonged to another era, possibly the fifties or sixties? It had a hole in the back that was shaped like a heart. My dark hair was swept into a messy updo that reminded me of fairies. One thing is for sure, is that this hairstylist and that moody boy I call my brother did a great job.  

When we arrived back at our father's office it was barely 5:30, as promised. He directed us into his larger car and we were off. The place we were going to was relatively close to our home and it was somewhat the same in size and decor. We stepped out of the car to be greeted by an elderly woman who led us into the estate. The home was identical to ours, but at the same time was completely different. It felt cold. It didn't feel like a home, it felt more like museum.  

"This way please. The Kim family is waiting for you in the dining room." We followed her into the lavish dining room only to be greeted by a man and woman who matched the cold decor of the home. They didn't seem like bad people, just kind of distant. I'm assuming these are the Kims. The man shook my father's hand and embraced like he was an old friend. He then followed to greet the woman. 

"Ahh, you all know Chanhee." He said as he motioned towards the boy next to me. The boy followed suit to greet the couple. "And this," my father pulled me towards him, "is my daugher Sunhee."

"This is who all the buzz is about! It's a pleasure to meet you miss." The older man said as he shook my hand."The pleasure's all mine."

The female took my hand and said, "Wow, you're quite the beauty! It's great to meet you." Her long fingers matched her demeanor and the decor of the room, cold. "Thank you. It's nice meeting you." 

"Please sit! Let us eat!" The man said as he motioned us towards the gigantic, beautiful, wooden table. I took my seat next to my father across from an empty seat. "If you don't mind me asking where's your son?" My father said placing his napkin on his lap.

"Ahh he'll be joining us in a few moments." Just then, the door opened and I was greted with a familiar face. He bowed  and greeted us respectfully and took the empty seat straight across from mine.

He looked up and he seemed surprised to be looking at me. I gave him a small smile. "Ahh, Sunhee, this is my son Myungsoo. He goes to the same school you and Chanhee attend." 

"We've met." The boy replied.