Her smile.

Anything but routine.

When she smiled at him he was caught completely off guard. He had grown up around fake smiles everywhere and fake affection galore. But, there was something completely different about her smile. It oozed something unfamiliar to the boy, was it love? No, it was real. It was a genuine smile.

All this was going through his mind as she drew him. He snapped back to reality when she spoke up, " So are you going to start drawing or keep staring at me?" His eyes widened in surprise.

He hastily started drawing her. She laughed. "You're weird." He looked up at her, "Me?" She nodded. "You say one thing but mean something else."He looked at her weird. "What do you mean?" "Like back there in class when they had us introduce ourselves. Your face was saying "I do not want to be here, this is dumb."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You're doing it right now. Your face is saying 'how did she know?'" Suddenly the bell rang. "Just leave your drawings on the table class!" The strange girl walked out leaving the boy behind her. He looked at the drawing she did of him and he was left in awe. It looked more like a photograph than sketch. He trudged down the hallway to join the girl in his next class.

The teacher sat her in the only empty seat, which was coincidentally located right next to Myungsoo. All the girls grumbled in jealously because they were to scared to approach the cold looking boy themselves. He didn't seem to mind because in his mind he planned to ignore her. Little did he know the teacher's plan was to have them as "seat partners" for the rest of the semester. Their first assignment was a sort of introduction survey on all sorts of things regarding their partner.  

The boy cringed at the upcoming social interaction but felt something else. Something different, something he couldn't exactly pinpoint. To say he felt intrigued would be off, he was more excited. What about the girl was exciting, he did not know. 

"Favorite color?" The boy looked up."Excuse me?" 

"That's the first question.You seem like you would like black~ Am I right?" He stared at her. "I'm taking that as a yes." He looked down at his paper and back up at her. "Oh mine? Mine is blue, like the sky." She looked out the window. He continued to stare at her. 

"How did you-" She smiled and looked back to him, "You remind me of someone, that's all." 

Soon, it was lunch time. Myungsoo took his usual spot underneath a tree completely ignoring dozens of girls' handmade lunch for him. He was drifting in and out of sleep when he heard leaves rustling. "Can I join you? You look lonely." He turned around to see Sunhee. "I don't care. Do what you want."  She smiled and climbed up the tree and threw him a container. "Yah! What are you doing?" He said as he picked up the container. 

"It's kimbap. Want some?" She said getting comfortable on the branch directly above him. "You could've just asked." He said opening the container to view its contents before accepting or declining her offer. He was greeted with a waft of delicious food. He hadn't realized how hungry he was. 

"I did ask though. You can eat all of it, I packed more than enough." He nodded. "Thanks. Why though?" 

"Why what? Why am I hanging around you?" He looked up and nodded in agreement. "I told you, you remind me of someone. Also its because you looked lonely." Suddenly her phone rang. "Ahh, Hello? Yeah. Alright. I'll be right there." She jumped down from the branch and got her stuff. 

"Bye!" She waved and smiled back to him. He smirked and looked down at his lap. The sky blue container and the half eaten kimbap remained. She's definitely something else.Soon the bell rang and there was a usual empty seat next to him and no girl to be found anywhere. Yet again he heard the gossiping girls eat this up. 

"Look! Chanhee and that are missing!"

"That probably got him under her spell too!" 

"As if Myungsoo oppa wasn't enough now she took Chanhee away from us too!"

"Class settle down." The teacher said as he walked in and the class immediately silenced. 

Myungsoo took one last look at the seat next to him and fell asleep.