A Jealous Angel

Can an Angel Mend a Devil's Heart?

    Chapter 2 - A Jealous Angel

  The next day, Jiyong rushed to head to class. He was hoping not to see Seungri along the way and catch up to Dara who may or may not be coming to school early. But to his misfortune, Seungri saw him as he entered the gates.

  “Hey, Jiyong.” Seungri greeted, coming up to him.

  Jiyong glared for a moment and kept walking inside. There, he caught a glimpse of Dara walking up the stairs. Hopefully, Seungri didn’t see her.

  “Was that Dara?” He asked.

  He rolled his eyes and turned to him. Jiyong didn’t want him to go up to her, so stalling him was the best decision even though he didn’t want to talk to him. “Why are you so into Dara?” He spat.

  Seungri shrugged. “Why not?”

  Because I don’t want you to hurt her. She already has experienced so much pain ever since Seunghyun’s death and adding you to the equation won’t make things better, Jiyong thought in his head as he glared at him. He didn’t say those words for he didn’t feel like spitting insults at him.

  Not hearing a reply from Jiyong, Seungri smirked. “You like her, don’t you?”

  Jiyong’s heart skipped a beat. No. I can’t take my best friend’s ex. It would feel strange.

  “So you do.”

  “I don’t!” He countered, blushing like crazy.

  “You don’t have to lie.”

  “I’m not lying.”

  “Sure you aren’t.” Seungri snickered. “Anyways, I don’t see why you can’t like a lovely woman like Dara. I’m pretty sure there’s a reason why Seunghyun was also interested in her.”

  Jiyong narrowed his eyes. How does he know about Seunghyun liking her, too?

  As if he read his mind, Seungri added, “I mean, whenever you mentioned his name, Dara’s eyes glistened, but when she realized it was me, she looked gloomy. It’s quite obvious they had some kind of relationship in the past.”

  Jiyong felt bitter at those words. He didn’t know why but when he heard Seungri talking about Dara and Seunghyun having a relationship, he felt like punching something. “Leave me alone,” he said through gritted teeth.

  Seungri’s eyebrows rose. “Ohoho! Someone is jelous! So they truly have been in a relationship. For how long?”

  I’m done talking with this guy. He’s just a waste of my time. Jiyong turned to leave, but he heard Seungri’s voice, asking him, “By the way, where is Seunghyun.”

  He paused in his tracks and turned his head. He hasn’t heard, has he? “He’s gone.” Seeing Seungri having a bland expression, he continued, “It was near the end of the semester and I don’t know the details, but I do know he wanted to see Dara. He wanted to see her even though I warned him not to go. After that, I was unable to contact him until I received a message from his family. We’re really close and they tell me everything. After I heard about him being in the hospital, I drove there. But I was too late.” Jiyong stopped, not wanting to tell him everything that happened that night. I still have to give something to Dara from Seunghyun… I just don’t know when’s the right time.

  Seungri remained expressionless. “How did he die?” He asked calmly.

  For a moment, Jiyong felt soft. Don’t forget why you hate him, Jiyong. He clenched his fist as he felt pain and anger at the same time. Why should I tell him? He opened his mouth, forcing the words to come out, “An accident.”

  “What kind?”

  Why does he want to know? “A hit and run.”

  This caused him to get silent.

  Knowing Seungri wouldn’t say any more, Jiyong strode towards the classroom. Once there, he found Dara sitting at her desk, head down. He smiled to himself. Should I talk to her or should I just sit there and stay quiet? He already knew what the outcome of both would be, but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

  “Good morning, Dara!” Jiyong exclaimed excitedly.

  She raised her head for a moment to shoot a glare before returning to her previous state.

  By that simple glare, Jiyong felt a shiver running up his spine. Huhu~ Why is she always like this towards me and no one else! This isn’t fair! He pouts and stuck his tongue out at her. Such a meanie…

  “It’s rude to stick your tongue out like that to a girl,” Seungri stated, appearing next to Jiyong.

  He rolled his eyes. Yeah, it was rude, but he doesn’t need to hear it from someone like him. If only he wasn’t in this classroom, then he would be able to kick him out, but no, he just had to be here and sitting on the seat next to Jiyong.

  However, instead of sitting down, Seungri strode next to Dara and tapped her shoulder. “Now, how are you on this fine morning?”

  Dara stared at him for a moment before answering, “Fine.”

  What?! How come he got a response, but I didn’t? Why is Dara talking to a guy like him? He doesn’t deserve to be spoken to! Jiyong continued complaining inside his head, making faces along the way.

  Seungri noticed and glanced at him.

  With that simple eye shift, Dara glanced at Jiyong. She took a double take before snorting. “What’s wrong with you?”

  Jiyong stopped. “Oh… Oops.”

  Dara rolled her eyes.

  “He’s so weird, isn’t he?” Seungri stated, continuing his flirting.

  Dara glared at him.

  “So. I was thinking maybe you could go to homecoming with me.”

  “That isn’t until a couple more weeks,” Dara spat.

  “I know, but it doesn’t hurt asking early. Anyways, someone might take you.” Seungri took her hand and pecked the back of it lightly.

  This caused Jiyong to rage. What the hell was that? Why did he just kiss her hand?! Why? Why? Why? WHY?! AH!

  Dara jerked her hand away from him. “I’m not going to homecoming.”

  “Why not?”

  “It’s a waste of money and time.”

  “Not unless you make it worthwhile.” Seungri gives off his mischievous grin. “Of course dancing isn’t enough.”

  “I’m still not going.”

  Stop talking to him! Jiyong screamed in his mind. He’s not worth talking to! He’s not worth hearing your sweet voice! Only me, Seunghyun, and Bom are allowed to talk to you! Well, sort of… He was having a mental breakdown.

  Seungri noticed and continued. “If you change your mind, tell me.”

  “I’ll never change my mind.”

  He leaned towards her and smirked. “We’ll see about that,” he whispered before heading back to his seat.

  Jiyong wasn’t paying attention for he was still in rage mode. He just couldn’t get the fact about Dara speaking to Seungri and not to him. How come he received a response and not me! I’m closer to her!

  Seungri grinned. “Someone is jealous.”

  This caused Jiyong to come back to reality. He was still burning, but he tried remaining calm. “I am not jealous,” he said forcefully through gritted teeth.

  “Sure you aren’t.” Seungri leaned back on his chair and placed his hands on the back of his head. “If you need a date for homecoming, just take Dara’s friend. After all, Dara is mine.”

  She is not yours. She will never be yours. She will never fall in love with a bastard like you. Dara will never give in to your schemes. “I don’t know what you’re planning, but you’re never going to get close to Dara.”

  Seungri smirked. “What makes you think I’m trying to get to close to Dara? Maybe I’m planning something darker? Maybe I’m planning to get close to someone who is close to Dara? Maybe I’m planning on helping her.”

  Jiyong narrowed his eyes. There was something suspicious about Seungri.

  He chuckled and patted Jiyong’s head. “I’m just kidding! I told you I changed. Mostly.”

  Mostly?! Ha! More like he didn’t change at all!  “Whatever…”

  “What would you do if Dara really did fall for me?”

  Jiyong shot him a glare. “She will never fall for you!”

  “How do you know?” He kept his voice low compared to the loud Jiyong.

  “I-I-I just know.”

  “You have doubts.”

  “N-No!”

  “Yes you do.” Seungri continued taunting him. “You’re still the same old weak Jiyong. I thought you would change ever since Seunghyun’s death, but I guess not. You’re still that naïve little boy that came to the group desperately.”

  Jiyong was ready to tackle his right then and there, but he contained it. He contained most of his anger. His hands balled into a fist as he bit his bottom lip. Oh how he wanted to punch his face, but no. He won’t give in. He won’t go down to that level. Not now, not ever.

  Seungri chuckled. “See? You’re still that weak boy.”

  “Stop it.” The voice wasn’t Jiyong’s voice. It was Dara’s.

  The two boys looked at her.

  “You guys are annoying. Just shut up.” She grumbled. “And you’re drawing attention. I hate attention.”

  Jiyong softened. He scratched the back of his head and tried laughing. “Aha… Sorry, Dara.”

  Seungri rolled his eyes.

  Dara gazed at him for a moment, her eyes shifting from his right to left pupil. With a sigh, she lay her head back down.

  Jiyong stared at her. Dara. I want you back. I want the happy Dara back. I want the one who would smile randomly when Seunghyun was here. Why did you have to turn out like this? Why?

________

  Sorry it took me a while! But here's another chapter and I'm sorry if it wasn't enough. I'm busy at school and working on my other stories. I hope you guys will understand.