The Angel Speaks to the Devil

Can an Angel Mend a Devil's Heart?

Chapter 6 - The Angel Speaks to the Devil

  Jiyong ended up being suspended for two days and in those two days, he was worried about Dara. He didn’t want Seungri to touch her like that ever again. If he did, nothing would stop him from beating Seungri to a pulp, not even Dara. But he relaxed as he thought about Bom, knowing she would do it for him.

  There was something wrong with her when he came back from the principal’s office, however. She was quiet and still like a statue. He wondered what happened but didn’t have the chance to ask her, for Seungri was his main problem.

  Seungri was smirking like usual, but was silent also. It was creepy.

  Jiyong shivered in his bed. There was nothing to do while his parents were at work and everyone else was at school. Of course his parents were mad at him and took up anything that would entertain him except for those boring educational things and board games which require more than one person.

  He sat up and looked up at the ceiling, piecing out the puzzles. Why did Seungri suddenly kiss her? Was he planning all this to happen? But why? What was the reason for him to do that? Jiyong chewed his lip as he thought about it, but the scene of Dara and Seungri kissing kept popping in his head.

  “AH!” He groaned and fell back on the bed. “Why?! Why am I so worried about her? Why did I have to meet her…” Jiyong rolled on his stomach and banged his head against his pillow.

  There was nothing to do, but stay home and sleep. His parents would let him go anywhere and without his phone, he wouldn’t be able to contact anybody! “UGH!” He continued to roll on his bed until he was bored to death and fell asleep.

__________

  At school, Dara didn’t feel like meeting anyone, but her aunt had forced her to attend school. If she didn’t, who knows what would happen to her. However, she especially didn’t want to see Seungri after what had happened. But what about Bom?

  Bom was sitting in her desk in front of Dara. She had her head in the clouds, not paying attention to anything. The discussion yesterday was bothering her and it continued to play in her mind. Youngbae is dead? No that can’t be. How can he be dead? Her mind continued to trail as more questions popped in her mind.

  Dara noticed her strange behavior and approached her for the first time in months. She leaned over her desk and asked, “Bom, what’s wrong.”

  Bom jumped and realized it was Dara who was speaking to her. “Oh, nothing…” She muttered and turned away from her.

  She stared at her best friend for a moment, wondering what was going on. This was the first time Dara has seen Bom been like this. Usually, she would be like Jiyong, only a tad bit calmer. No, not a tad bit. A lot more calmer. This was strange to her, but she let it go because of the fear of making things worse.

  Dara sighed and leaned back in her chair. Unknowingly, her eyes went out the window. Her mind drifted towards the one person she didn’t want to think about at this moment. She didn’t want to think about the one who forced her lips upon his. At least for while he’s gone.

  “Good morning.” A voice came from beside her.

  She froze and turned pale, recognizing the voice.

  Bom heard him too, and forced herself not to meet his gaze. Where is Jiyong when you need him? She thought, regretting every moment of not being there to protect him and Dara.

  “What’s wrong with everyone?” Seungri asked innocently.

  They continued to ignore him.

  Irritation built up in him. These girls are annoying and weak! Just because one thing goes wrong, their whole world crashes! This is why there’s no need for them in men’s life… He crossed his arms over his chest and thought. Then he started thinking about another plan. For the next few days, he would just lay low.

_______________

  Once the two days have passed, Jiyong had finally arrived back to school. Being deprived from civilization, he was crazier than before. The moment he entered the classroom, he flung his arms out and exclaimed, “It’s good to be back!”

  Everyone stared at him, giving him looks and raising their eyebrows. They should be used to it, but it was still strange to them. They let it go and returned to their own work except for Dara and Bom. They have been missing him for the pass two days, but only Dara didn’t want to admit it.

  “Hey!” Jiyong exclaimed to Bom.

  She smiled. “Hey, Jiyong.”

  “What’s wrong?” He, too noticed there was something wrong with her.

  Bom’s eyes fell. “Nothing.” She muttered.

  “Tell me.” He persisted.

  “I-It’s really nothing.”

  He frowned. “I don’t want you to become like Dara. You need to tell someone.”

  She bit her lip and turned her head, seeing Dara watching them with a blank expression. “I’ll tell you later.”

  Jiyong didn’t know what to do. Was he suppose to insist or actually let her go? The best answer would just to let her go. He did just that and headed to his seat. He smiled at Dara and greeted, “Good morning.”

  She avoided his gaze and bit her lip.

  He tilted his head in confusion.

  “What’s wrong?”

  “Don’t talk to me.” She muttered and looked out the window.

  Those words shot him like a bullet. This was the first time Dara had actually said it to him like that. There was a chill in the tone of her voice as she spat those words. What had happened?

  His eyes drooped to the ground as his world began to crumble. Did he do something wrong? Was punching Seungri a big mistake? Did she actually wanted him to kiss her and ruined that moment? Was he an obstacle to her?

  Suddenly, Seungri entered the room with a big smile on his face. “Hey, Jiyong! How are you? It’s been such a long time!” He said in a mocking voice that only the trio could catch.

  Jiyong rolled his eyes. I just wish I could get away from him for the rest of my life… He groaned.

  Seungri sat in his desk and watched Dara and Jiyong. He grinned. Success.

  Dara took a quick glance at Seungri. Upon seeing his gaze, she turned away and looked out the window. Her mind began to drift on the first day Jiyong was gone.

_______

  It was after school and Dara was ready to leave school, but a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her back in the classroom. Everyone began to leave, leaving her with the person who captured her.

  “I have to talk to you,” her snatcher whispered in her ear.

  She knew who it was and didn’t want to be associated with him. “Don’t touch me.” Dara spat and jerked out of his grasp. “What do you want?”

  He smirked; the same smirk he gave Bom the other day. “I don’t want you to talk to Jiyong from now on.”

  She was confused. “What?”

  “If you want him alive, I would listen to my orders.”

  Dara squint her eyes, unable to understand what the hell was going on. There was something suspicious about him, but she couldn’t place her full finger on it. “Why should I listen to you?”

  “Like I said, if you still want him alive, don’t talk to him.” With those words, he stuffed his hands in his pocket and left Dara feeling uncertain.

__________

  Those passed two days, she has been thinking about it and putting the pieces together. She added the fact of Bom being not her usual self. He definitely had a connection with her but she didn’t have proof. At least, not enough proof.

  The whole day was like the rest except for a few things. Dara didn’t speak to Jiyong like usual, but Bom was silent. She was always deep in thought and spaced out. Jiyong didn’t dare to speak to her since he understood she needed space. He could wait for the right time. However, he couldn’t stand the fact that Dara had stopped speaking to him. What did he do that was so wrong? He hated feeling this way! Why couldn’t he fall in love with the right girl? Why do they always end up liking someone else?! Those thoughts ran through his mind for the whoe day until the end of the day. He couldn’t stand being ignored and confronted Dara.

  “Can I speak to you?” He said calmly.

  She stared at him and turned away. Gathering all her stuff, her heart began to falter unable to understand this hurt she has been feeling. She tried walking passed him, but he took her arm.

  “Dara. Please tell me what’s wrong.” Jiyong persisted.

  She dropped her head. Dara couldn’t do it anymore and faced him. “What is it?” She couldn’t stand ignoring him. Forgetting all about what Seungri said, she listened to him.

  “Why are you being like this?”

  “I can’t tell you,” she said in a low breathy whisper.

  “What happened to you?” He touched her cheek.

  She flinched, but let him.

  Rubbing his finger against her soft cheek, he suddenly had the urge to kiss her. He inched forward slowly but couldn’t bring himself to get any nearer. Jiyong didn’t want ot lose her trust. She must be scarred from Seungri.

  Jiyong dropped his hand and bit his lip. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He whispered and started towards the door.

  “Wait.”

  He paused in his tracks.

  “Thank you.”

  Jiyong smiled. He didn’t need an explanation because he already knew what she meant. Without saying another word, he left the classroom.

  Seungri was outside the door the whole time so of course the two bumped into each other. He caught a glimpse of Jiyong smiling and frowned. You made the wrong decision, Dara.