Confessions from an Angel

Can an Angel Mend a Devil's Heart?

Chapter 7 - Confessions from an Angel 

  It was Saturday, and Jiyong wasn’t sure what he wanted to do to. In fact, he felt like staying home and sleeping through the day but at the same time, he wanted to go out and explore. This was a typical situation Jiyong had trouble deciding.

  He continually rolled on his bed like a little kid does when their bored and soon got tired of that. Sitting up, he remembered he still had the item Seunghyun had given him the night he died to give to Dara. The problem was, he didn’t know when to give it to her. In fact, he was thinking about doing it today, but he wasn’t sure if Dara was ready to hear the story.

  He grabbed his phone and flipped through his contacts. The moment he found Dara’s name, he remembered what had happened yesterday and felt his heart beat fast. Jiyong blushed and planted his face on his pillow. It was hard for him to believe that he was about to kiss her. He couldn’t do that. At least not to his best friend. They’ve been together so wouldn’t it be bad for him to take Dara? Wouldn’t it be bad for him to take the girl that fell in love with his best friend and not him? He’s dead, but it still didn’t feel right.

  Jiyong bit his lip and closed his eyes tight. He couldn’t stop thinking about her and knew his feelings for her won’t disappear that easily. It was the same when Chae Rin had broken up with him. It nearly took him a year to get over that fact.

  Once again, he rolled, this time on his back and stared at the empty ceiling. His heart continued to beat loudly in his chest. No matter what, he would be bothered by this situation if he didn’t tell her, but then he was afraid. What if she didn’t feel the same way he did? Or what if she breaks down, remembering the times she had with Seunghyun? He didn’t want that, but he also didn’t want his feelings contained in him.

  “What am I going to do?” He muttered under his breath and closed his eyes, thinking. But soon, that thinking turned to a deep sleep.

__________

  Bom was lying on her bed, still thinking about the events that occurred this week. She was bothered by the fact about her passed boyfriend being killed, but how would Seungri know that? There was something suspicious about that boy, and she was trying to piece everything out. However, there were a few gray areas here and there. One: What was his relationship with Jiyong and Seunghyun? Two: Why is he trying to get close to Dara? Three: What was his background?

  She her side and placed her hands under her cheeks. Heaving a deep sigh, she said to herself, “I need to figure everything out before it’s too late. I feel like Seungri is going to do something to Jiyong and Dara.” Suddenly, she remembered the conversation she had with Seungri and how crazy he was acting. “But I also need to watch my back.”

  Bom sat up and looked out her window. It was bright and clear outside, but in the distance, she saw a dark figure behind a light pole, staring right at her room. Her eyes widened as the figure gave an eerie smile before fleeing the scene.

  Her heart jumped as her breath stopped for a moment. Who was that? Fear took over her and she immediately closed her blinds. Going back to her bed, she curled up into a ball and shut her eyes tightly. Don’t worry, Bom. Nothing is going to happen. You’re going to be fine.

  But no matter how many times she reassured herself, fear still shrouded her. She knew there will be something happening, but she didn’t want to admit it. As long as she stays home with her parents or with a friend, she should be fine. If something is planned, they would play it out, not in public but in private, so she must stay within society and never alone.

  That was her plan.

________

  Jiyong woke up with a start and checked the time. It was five o’clock, meaning he had been asleep for at least four hours. Basically, he wasted a whole Saturday doing nothing whatsoever. There has to be something he can do today or else he wouldn’t accomplish anything. What was there to accomplish anyways?

  He turned his head and immediately saw the item Seunghyun had given him for Dara on top of his desk. Jiyong stared at it, deciding whether or not to give it to her today or later. Once again, his eyes went to the clock. He had to do something, so might as well do that.

  For some reason, it was hard for him to move. Oh c’mon! Since when have you become a coward?! He made a fist and forced himself to stand. And maybe, I could even confess… Jiyong took the item and head out the door, but paused. “Wait… Where does she live? AH!”

  He took out his phone and dialed Bom’s number, but she wouldn’t answer. “Oh, come on!” Again, he dialed and this time, he was successful. He didn’t wait for Bom to respond. “Bom! I need to know Dara’s address!”

  “Jiyong? Why do you want to know?” Her voice was weary on the other line.

  “B-because I need to know!” He didn’t want to reveal anything to Bom just yet, but she probably had an idea.

  This time Bom was really thinking since she was worried about the figure outside her house and told Jiyong Dara’s address. “Don’t you dare do anything to her,” she added.

  He chuckled nervously. “Don’t worry! I won’t do anything to her! What makes you think I will?”

  She just sighed. “I don’t know. Just be careful because her aunt is strict and she most likely won’t let you see her.”

  “I don’t care. I need to speak to her.”

  “Okay. Just be careful.” With that, she hung up.

  Jiyong stuffed his phone in his pocket and ran out the door, ready to explain everything her needed before revealing the truth.

  Once at Dara’s door, he just stared at it, afraid of touching the doorbell. He wondered if anyone was home since there was no car parked in the driveway, but then it could be in the garage. Wherever it is, it didn’t matter because he came here for Dara.

  He rang the doorbell.

  Moments of waiting, a woman appeared in the doorway, smelling like alcohol. “Who are you?” She asked in a strict tone. The stench of alcohol reached his nose.

  Jiyong wrinkled his nose. “I’m looking for Dara,” he said confidently.

  “Why?”

  “I need to tell her something.”

  “She’s not here.” She was ready to slam the door on his face, but Jiyong stopped it with a slam of his hand.

  “I know she’s in here, so where is she?” He said sternly, not liking the way this woman act. It seemed like she was hiding something. He could even see a red spot on her arm as if someone was grabbing onto her.

  “Get out or else I’ll call the cops.”

  “I’m not leaving until I see her!” He exclaimed.

  “Get out!”

  Suddenly, there was a loud bang coming upstairs.

  Without another wait, Jiyong shoved passed the woman and ran upstairs, shouting, “Dara!”

  The woman screeched after him. “If you don’t get out, I’m going to call the cops!” She searched for the phone which was no where to be seen. She must have left it somewhere.

  As Jiyong rushed towards where he heard the bang, he noticed how run down the place was. There were even dents in the walls for who-knows-what and a red stain on the wall, just made recently.

  There was another bang and he knew it was in the room in front of him. He swung the door opened and found Dara punching the wall, her knuckles bleeding, dripping on the floor.

  “Dara!” He screamed before she could punch the wall again.

  She stopped and stared at him, surprised. “Jiyong! What are you doing here?! You’re going to get in trouble!”

  He ran up to her and grabbed her bloody fist. Shutting his eyes tight, he shouted. “Dara! I came here to say…” He paused, not knowing what he should say first. Taking a deep breath, he let out what he wanted to say for a long time. “Dara, I love you!” He grabbed her cheeks and roughly kissed her by the lips.

   Dara’s eyes widened as her lips were captured in Jiyong’s. She caught by surprised and didn’t know how to respond. This wasn’t the first time she has been kissed, but the person who did kiss her first flashed before her eyes and she pulled away.

  Jiyong had a pained expression as he was pushed away. He couldn’t believe what he just did, but he didn’t regret it. Leaning close to Dara’s ear, he whispered, “Meet me at the park tonight if you get a chance. I have something to tell you.”

  “Wha-”

  “I have to go.”

  As if on cue, Dara’s aunt appeared by the door, catching them. “Get out! I will call the cops if you don’t get out right now!”

  Jiyong glared at the lady. “And I’ll report them about you abusing Dara!”

  “You have no proof!”

  “I have a lot of proof!” He exclaimed, indicating the state of the house and Dara. “If that doesn’t work, I could still report about suspicion of abuse! I’m leaving anyways!” Jiyong waved his hand and looked back at Dara. “And I want to see her tonight. If you don’t let her, I’ll report you.” He said sternly at her aunt. He didn’t care if it was disrespectful to speak to her that way, but she had lost her respect when Jiyong learned about Dara’s state. He could tell she was abused because of the bruises on her cheek and arms and the alcohol being smelt all over the house.

  Without another word, he fled the house. His heart was beating fast in his chest. No matter how courageous he was in that scene, he was afraid. He was actually afraid that Dara’s aunt would call the cops and send him to jail or something. He didn’t want to risk that because he had to protect Dara. Someone needed to protect Dara from Seungri and he was the only one left that had a sense of mind.

-------

  Sorry for the short update, but at least I did right? Well, story coming to a near end! I hope you'll like the next few chapters ;)