Epilogue: The Angel Will Always be There

Can an Angel Mend a Devil's Heart?

Epilogue - The Angel Will Always be There 

  Dara woke up in the hospital, feeling sore on her left shoulder. She remembered last night’s events, but wasn’t sure what happened afterwards. The last things she remembered was her pushing Jiyong out of the way and receiving the bullet. She remembered feeling a hot sensation on here shoulder and a cold feeling as she hit the ground. Her mind went black after that.

  Dara’s eyes gazed around, finding herself laying on a bed with tubes coming out from her nose and other places. She found an ECG machine to her right side and to her left, she found Bom with a cut on her left shoulder. What had happened to her?

  “B-Bom?” Her voice came out weak and hoarse.

  She smiled at her and brushed stray hairs away from her face. “Hey, Dara.”

  “What happened?” She was staring at her wound.

  “Nothing.” Bom didn’t want to remember last night. She didn’t want to remember her reaching for her phone as the man reached for the knife, but for them to get what they wanted, he had to let her go and that’s what he did. Once he did, he grabbed the knife and Bom grabbed the phone. He tried stabbing her, but she managed to get away by a hair. The struggle went on for a while, earning cuts and bruises, but she managed to escape as someone heard her.

  Dara didn’t bother to ask her again. Even she didn’t want to remember. “Wait.” She tried sitting up, but a sting came to her shoulder and she fell back on the bed groaning.

  “Don’t move. Your wound isn’t fully healed yet.”

  “What time is it?”

  “Nine.”

  “In the morning.”

  “At night.”

  Dara bit her lip. “Where’s Jiyong?” She feared that he was killed by Seungri while she was knocked out. She didn’t want to lose another important person in her life.

  Bom stared at her and then towards the door. “He’s outside, talking to some men. They’re going to come for you, too to ask some questions.”

  “Questions? Questions about what?”

  “Seungri,” she simply answered and pressed a finger to Dara’s lips. “Sh… Don’t worry about it now. They won’t speak to you until you are ready. They want you to be in the right state of mind before interrogating you.” She laughed. “He won’t be bothering us anymore.”

  Dara’s eyes fell towards the door and at that moment, Jiyong entered, closing the door behind him. He, too, had bruises, but no cuts. There was a big purple bump on his forehead and she couldn’t help but laugh.

  Jiyong smiled at her. “Well, someone is feeling better unlike me. I feel like right now.” He felt the bump on his head and frowned. “Seungri sure had a hard head for a guy like him.” He chuckled.

  Dara just smiled. “I’m glad you’re okay.”

  “I should be saying that to you! You took a bullet!” He stood next to Bom. He tucked Dara’s hair behind her ears and kissed her forehead. “Thank you,” he whispered without leaving her forehead. “I should’ve been the one to take that bullet. I should’ve been the one being shot and here in the hospital, but I’m glad you’re okay. I’m glad you’re still alive.” He stood straight and took her hand.

  Bom cleared . “I’ll be leaving for now.” She left the room.

  “What’s going to happen now?” Dara asked, looking at the man beside her.

  “We’re going to relax and enjoy our high school life of course! We’re still not done with our lives and at least we don’t have to worry about anybody bothering us!”

  “What about my aunt? Where is she?”

  He smiled softly. “She’s also outside, waiting for you. At first, she was screaming at the nurses and doctors to let her in as they word doing surgery on you since the bullet didn’t fully go through, but I managed to calm her.”

  She raised her eyebrows. “You calmed her down.”

  “I sure did! It’s a miracle, isn’t it?!” Jiyong laughed.

  Dara followed.

  He leaned close to her once again. “I’ll always be there for you, Dara just like Seunghyun. This time, I won’t go away. I’ll do whatever I can to be with you no matter how many times you push me away. I’ll love you forever and always.”

  Dara closed her eyes. “Thank you, Jiyong.”

  "I love you."

  "I love you, too." Those were the last words she said before feeling his lips touch hers.

-------

  It's over!!! D: It's all over! Sorry that's it's super short, but I hope you enjoyed these last chapters. I know it's not the best story out ther, but thank you all for thaking the time to read it. I love you all!