The Angel Loses

Can an Angel Mend a Devil's Heart?

Chapter 5 - The Angel Loses

  The whole night Jiyong was thinking of what happened between Dara and him. He enjoyed the fact that Dara was slowly starting to talk to him, but he wondered whether that was a once in a lifetime experience or will it be a lifetime experience. Whatever it was, he was glad she spoke to him today.

  He closed eyes and fell asleep with a smile on his face.

_________

  Dara lay on her bed, thinking of that night’s events. Why did she have to feel that way towards Jiyong? It was confusing her, and she didn’t like it. Why could he leave her alone? Why was he persistent? Why couldn’t he just leave her alone like in the past?

  This was the same situation as with Seunghyun. He was also persistent, but it seems that Jiyong was more persistent. He didn’t give her space like Seunghyun did which caused her to miss him a couple of times. Jiyong never gave her a chance to miss, but why would she miss him?

  She screamed into the pillow as mixed feelings overcame her. “Why? Why?! WHY?!” She yelled into the pillow. “Why can’t you leave me alone?!” Tears stared to flow out of her eyes and stain the pillow. Does he not understand what personal space means?!

  She flipped over on her stomach and took her phone. She flipped through it and found Bom’s number. “I’m sorry Bom. I’m sorry for not speaking to you, but… I can’t. I can’t just yet.” Searching through her contacts, she found Seunghyun’s number and cried. “I miss you… I wish you were here… With me.” She heaved a deep sigh and shut her phone.

  She closed her eyes and fell asleep, tears starting to dry up.

________

  At school, Jiyong spotted Bom walking into the classroom. “Bom!” He exclaimed before she could step inside.

  She stopped by the doorway and waved with a huge smile. “Good morning, Jiyong!”

  He bounded towards her like what a dog would do when their owner calls for them. “How are you?”

  “I’m fine.”

  “What about Dara?”

  She dropped her eyes. “I haven’t heard from her over the weekend. She hasn’t been communicating with me still.”

  “I see. Let’s go inside.”

  They went inside and immediately found Dara sitting at her desk.

  She’s early today. Jiyong thought to himself.

  She looked up.

  Jiyong smiled without exchanging words, but Dara dropped her eyes the moment they made eye contact. This caused Jiyong to frown. She was back to her nonsocial self. It’s been bothering Jiyong for a long time. He couldn’t understand why Dara was doing this! After all, they’re friends, so why was she being like this? What did he do?

  He sat next to her, hoping she would speak to him like on the weekend, but in the end, she didn’t peep a word. “So how are you?”

  “I’m fine.”

  Ah… Here it goes again: the simple answers. He didn’t even want to continue, so he stopped talking.

  Dara noticed and felt empty. She was so use of Jiyong constantly talking to her, and now she was missing it. Strange, isn’t it, but shouldn’t she be happy because now, she doesn’t have to speak! Dara was wrong. Even though she was denying it, deep inside, she wanted him to talk to her. She sighed mentally and faced the front.

  “Good morning, everyone!” Seungri announced while entering the room.

  Students stared at him. Some greeted him while some returned to what they were doing. A few girls swooned over him while guys rolled their eyes at him, and Jiyong was one of those guys.

  And here comes my biggest problem.

  “How are you?” Seungri asked Jiyong and Dara.

  “Fine.” Jiyong grumbled.

  “I’m good.” Dara replied.

  “That’s good! Hey I’m thinking of hanging out this Saturday or something. Are you guys available?”

  Jiyong didn’t reply. There’s no way he would be hanging out with someone like him over the weekend! He has more important things to do.

  “I guess not.” He scratched the back of his head and chuckled. “I guess you’re all busy. Maybe next time. I’m always available because there’s nothing to do over the weekends for me.”

  Yeah right… Big Bang would always meet on the weekends. Jiyong rolled his eyes and snorted.

  Seungri smirked. You’re going to be in for a big surprise today Jiyong. I can’t wait to see your reaction. His eyes went to the back of Bom’s head. And so are you.

______

  Once lunch came, Bom headed straight to the lunchroom while Dara went to the restroom. Jiyong stayed in the classroom, searching for his lunch money but couldn’t find it. As for Seungri, who knew where he was going.

  Seungri watched Jiyong searching for his money. He smirked. It should be inside his desk. With those thoughts, he left the room to find Dara.

  The moment he left, Jiyong found his money. “Aha! I got you! Now I can buy food!” He sung and started walking but then forgot to bring his homework to due during lunch. It delayed him a couple of minutes.

  Seungri was roaming the hallways, whistling to himself. He knew where the girls’ restroom was but didn’t want it to be obvious that he was looking for Dara. He took his time and “accidentally” bumped into Dara. “Oh, sorry.”

  Dara took a step back.

  “Hey, Dara!” He smiled.

  She avoided his gaze. She didn’t feel comfortable with him.

  “Want to walk with me to lunch? After all we’re going the same way.” He started towards the direction of the cafeteria.

  Dara hesitates, but reluctantly gave in.

  Seungri continually spoke to her, but it wasn’t the same as Jiyong. His words didn’t have the same effect on her. It felt fake. It was as if he really didn’t want to talk to her but was forcing it all out of his mouth.

  He was becoming annoyed. How in the world did two guys fall in love with this boring girl?! Seungri thought and continued talking. Sure she has a pretty face, but she doesn’t speak! She’s a waste of my time, but this is all part of my plan.

  As Seungri was talking, he spotted Jiyong in the distance, skipping towards the cafeteria. He smirked. It’s time to start. Suddenly, he grabbed Dara’s shoulders and slammed her against the wall.

  “Wha-”

  “Dara!” He shouted loud enough for Jiyong to hear and sure enough he did.

  Before him, he saw a sight he would never want to see. He couldn’t believe his eyes as he saw Seungri forcing a kiss on Dara’s precious lips. Anger took over him once again, but this time he couldn’t hold it. He could tell Dara was pushing him away, but Seungri wouldn’t let her go. His lips have captured hers and were locked.

  “Seungri!” Jiyong growled, storming towards them.

  Seungri pulled away with a smirk.

  That smirk! His mind went blank as his actions took over. He raised a fist and swung it straight on his nose.

  Seungri fell back, blood running down his nose. All he did was smirk and wiped the excess blood. “Ha. Do you feel better now? Do you feel better after punching me?”

  “Not so much.” He clenched his fist and knelt down, grabbing the collar of Seungri’s shirt with the other hand. “I’m not done with you,” he muttered. He raised his fist again, but a gentle hand was placed on top of it, stopping him.

  “Don’t, Jiyong,” Dara pleaded.

  He stared at her for a moment, getting back to his senses. Jiyong took a deep breath before let Seungri go and stood up. “I’m sorry,” he apologized to Dara. He didn’t want her to see this side of him. This was the side when he joined Big Bang and wanted to forget about it when he left.

  “What is going on here?” A teacher exclaimed, hearing the commotion.

  What do you think? Seungri grumbled in his head. I swear, some teachers are stupid. He expressed pain on his face and groaned. “It hurts.”

  “Kwon Jiyong!” The teacher exclaimed. “Go to the principal’s office, now!”

  He sneered and rolled his eyes. Sighing, to control his temper, he bowed and grumbled, “Yes ma’am.” Before leaving, he glared at Seungri who was smirking like crazy.

  Victory.

  Dara, on the other hand, watched him go. She knew what the consequences of getting in a fight, but he wasn’t in a fight. However, he still made physical contact with Seungri. She wondered how long he would be gone. Without another wait, she ran to the cafeteria as the teacher helped Seungri to the nurse’s office.

  “Bom!” She exclaimed, finding her friend sitting alone and eating her lunch.

  “Dara!” Bom smiled. She was glad her friend was calling out to her, but there was something wrong with her expression. She frowned. “What happened?”

  “Jiyong punched Seungri.”

  “What?! What did Seungri do?”

  Dara blushed, giving Bom the answer.

  Rage took over her and she turned red as a tomato. “What the hell did Seungri do to you?! He took advantage of you, didn’t he! Where is he now?!” She stood and stomped towards the exit. Even though she didn’t hear Dara’s explanation, she knew where Seungri would be. If he was punched, there are two options where he could be.

  Reaching to the nurse’s room, she entered and found Seungri cleaning up the blood. The nurse left to help out a kid who vomited in the classroom and left him doing his own job. He was grumbling to himself, oblivious of Bom’s presence. “Damn nurse is just going to leave me like this! She’s lucky I’m not bleeding to death or else she would get fired!” He continued grumbling to himself until he spotted Bom in the mirror. He spun around. “What are you doing in here?”

  “What did you do to Dara?” Bom shot, ready to pounce.

  He didn’t answer. “Why? I can’t profess my love?”

  “You don’t love her.”

  “What makes you think that?”

  “Seunghyun loved and so does Jiyong. I can tell the difference of what love looks like.”

  “It’s not like you understand what love really is, Bom.” He continued wiping off the blood. “After all, I knew your past boyfriend.”

  She froze.

  He put down the cotton. “Yeah, Dong Youngbae or I like to call him, Taeyang.”

  Bom held her breath. “How did you know?” she asked in a low voice, disbelieving everything she heard.

  “I knew him? It’s simple as that.” He smirked. “If you still want to see him again, you can come with me this Saturday and I can show him to you.”

  “No.”

  He raised an eyebrow. “No?”

  “Yeah, no. I don’t want to see him. We broke up for a reason.”

  “And what reason is that?”

  “Why do you care? It’s my personal life!”

  With those words, Seungri grabbed her wrist tightly and looked straight into her eyes. “Why do I care? I should care because he left my group because of you. Because of you, I lost another member. He wasn’t the same ever since he met you and he wasn’t the same when you left him. Now he’s dead. In the grave where he belongs!”

  Fear took over Bom. He was scary at this moment. His eyes were dark and coolness was evident on his voice. What was he trying to say? “Wha-”

  Seungri let her go and sighed. “Ah! Look what you did. You made me become a bad guy. I’m not usually like this, you know?” He leaned against the edge of the sink. “I’m sorry that I scared you. I just had to tell you what happened.”

  “You’re lying.”

  His dark eyes shift towards her. “What?” There was growl in his voice as he grew impatient with her.

  “You’re lying. He’s not dead.”

  Seungri chuckled. “You’re in denial. That’s cute.” He stood straight and crossed his arms across his chest. “I’m not lying. Like I said, we could visit him on Saturday if you want.”

  “I don’t want to.”

  “Then you’re afraid. You’re afraid of seeing him. Death is a common thing, you know.” Seungri took a tongue dispenser in his hands and twirled it around. “It’s all around us and who knows who’s going to die next. Maybe Dara. Maybe Jiyong. Or maybe even,” his eyes shift to her once more, “you.” He laughed hysterically with those words.

  Bom took a step back, terrified of this sight. She spun around and left the room without looking behind her.

  When the door shut, Seungri stopped and stared at the door blankly. Nobody can escape their fate. Not even yours, Bom. I told you, you were in for a surprise.

------

  I actually had fun writing this even though Seungri was a bit demented, but yeah... To me this was very interesting! I was pretty much on a roll while writing so I'm not sure if it was good to you guys, but to me it was XP