Best Friend

My Wife is a High School Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Best Friend

***********

 

Ryeowook’s POV


I was enjoying my date with my boyfriend when his phone suddenly rang. He picked up the call and ended his conversation with I-don't-know-who after a few minutes.

"Who was that Sungie oppa?" I asked him as soon as he put back the phone in his pocket.
"My sister Wookie." I sighed in relief.

"Hmm baby..."
"Yeah?" I looked at him when seemed to tell me something.
"My sister asked me to pick her wedding dress in the boutique. Is it okay?" he asked nervously, maybe he was scared that he was ruining our weekly date.
"Of course oppa, i'll go with you." I smiled sweetly at him.
"Jinjja? Thank you baby. Sorry, I ruined our date." He pecked me on the lips. I blushed. "Let's go~”
----------------------------------------------------------------------

After about 20 minutes, we finally arrived at the boutique. I looked around the boutique with full of beautiful dresses on display while Yesung oppa picked her sister's dress. Many couples were also there happily looking for their own wedding dresses. I smiled looking at them until I caught someone familiar. I stepped forward to see that person's face clearly. I was just a few steps away when I realized that that person is…

"Hyukkie?!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

No One’s POV

Hyukjae's face was red like a tomato because of Donghae's sweet words. She smiled brightly when suddenly she heard someone called her.
"Hyukkie?!" Hyukjae widened her eyes when she saw Ryeowook standing not far from her.
------
Hyukjae’s POV

"Wookie?" I gasped. I didn't expect that she will be here. "Wookie, I...I" I approached her but she took a step backwards. I'm still wearing my wedding dress.
"What is this?" she asked in disbelief.
"Wookie, listen... I'm—I’m sorry " I don't want her to misunderstand me. I don't want this to ruin our friendship.
"You're getting married and you didn't tell me?!" Ryeowook said. I could see that she's hurt.
"I—I…" I tried to explain but she interrupted me.
"I thought we were best friends Hyukkie!" she shook her head clearly upset and leave.
I was stunned at her words. Yes, I'm not a good friend to her. We promised not to keep secrets from each other but I broke that promise. I could feel tears flowing down my cheeks.
"Wookie..." I sobbed. I don't want her to be mad at me. She is the only best friend I ever had. She's always there to help me. I cried so hard then I felt someone pull me into his embrace. I knew it's Donghae oppa. I just cried in his embrace not knowing what else to do. I just hope Wookie will forgive me...

**************************************************

Hyukjae was quiet in the car when they went back home. Sometimes Donghae would squeezed Hyukjae's hand to comfort her but Hyukjae just smiled weakly and looked at the window. When they arrived at Hyukjae and Kyuhyun's house, they saw Sungmin, Kyuhyun's girlfriend. Sungmin greeted Hyukjae when she came inside but this time Hyukjae just hugged her in reply.
"Hyukkie, what's wrong?" Sungmin asked while caressing her cheeks. Hyukjae shook her head and smiled weakly. Seeing Hyukjae's face so gloomy, Kyuhyun eyed Donghae who was looking worriedly at Hyukjae.
"What's with that face, Hyukjae?" Kyuhyun asked trying to make Hyukjae tell her problem.
"A-annii" Hyukjae said, her voice cracking a bit.
"Since when did you learn to lie to your brother huh?"
Hyukjae bit her lips and tried to hold her tears.
"Hyukjae?"
"Kyu, don't force her." Sungmin said
"I...I...." Hyukjae's tears began to flow down again.
"Hyukkie…" Sungmin rushed to hug Hyukjae again.
"I... Wookie ..., aah what should I do unnie?" she began to cry in Sungmin's embrace. Sungmin brought her to sit on the couch. Donghae began to tell Kyuhyun and Sungmin what happened in the boutique. After Donghae finished, Kyuhyun explained to them that Wookie is Hyukjae's only best friend because she is too shy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter