when taemin sees the other shinee members talking to jaemin

K-pop Scenario Shop (Applies Closed!)

For: onewdub

A/N: First off, I'm very sorry for the long wait! I've been away for a while wrapping up school activities for the year and I've been on holiday in Korea (guys, I saw Yesung and Eunhyuk in Mouse Rabbit Cafe!) too! Thanks for your patience and hope you enjoy this :)

-

Taemin hums to himself as he juggles the two cans of soda he had just purchased from the vending machine. One for himself, and one for his girlfriend, Jaemin. SHINee had just finished their pre-recording on the stage of Music Bank and while the rest of s had been ushered back to the dressing room, Taemin had bumped into his two friends from Younique Unit- Jongin and Hyukjae- and had been roped into the conversation the two were sharing, Jongin looking happily flushed as Hyukjae slung a doting arm around his shoulders. It was recording day for Music Bank's annual Christmas episode, and a whole host of idols were present for the recording. Apparently, EXO-K was up right after SHINee, and Hyukjae was on his way back to Super Junior's dressing room after using the restroom. Hence, the three friends found each other crossing paths.

After chatting happily with Jongin and Hyukjae for a while, EXO-K's manager came to hustle Jongin to the stage, and Hyukjae had to return to Super Junior's dressing room after Sungmin and Donghae hollered at him from down the hall. Taemin was just about to return to his bandmates (and girlfriend) after landing a playful smack on Hyukjae's (Taemin had guffawed because bullying Hyukjae was the best) when he decided to make the run to the vending machine, thoughtful boyfriend he was. 

And that brings Taemin back to where he is now, jogging down the stairs and bowing slightly to Bigbang's maknae Seunghyun (Seunghyun grins at him and asks him to say hi to Jonghyun for him before being hurried forward by Daesung [and Taemin smiles because maknaes are always being chased around, he knows the feeling]) on his way back to SHINee's dressing room. Unfortunately, the happy smile playing on his lips slips right off his face when he pushes open the dressing room door and sees his girlfriend being surrounded by all of his hyungs. 

Taemin frowns because I knew I shouldn't have spent so much time talking with Jongin and Hyukjae hyung or getting drinks from the vending machine, of course Jaemin would get terrorized by hyungs, of course. Jonghyun's all bright smiles and excited eyes as Jaemin relates one story or another to them, and Jinki hides his happy laughter with the back of his hand when Jaemin recounts something particularly funny. Kibum lays a gentle hand on Jaemin's shoulder, seemingly wanting to ask her a question, but it turns out to be a snark comment that sends Jaemin flushing and Minho chastising him jokingly, while Jonghyun and Jinki all but yell at him for his comment. Kibum simply shrugs and smirks, petting Jaemin's brown hair in the form of a playful apology that sends Taemin's blood boiling over. 

And Taemin thinks okay, enough is enough, and strides over pointedly to their little circle in the middle of the room. Jaemin's standing in the middle, Jonghyun on her left and Jinki on her right, and Kibum's perched on the armrest of the small black couch next to Jinki while Minho's off to Jonghyun's side, pose mirroring Kibum's. Taemin has half a mind to barge into the circle and yank Jaemin away by the arm or at least wind an arm around her waist and crush her to his side so all his hormonal hyungs will know that Jaemin is his girlfriend, dammit. 

But Taemin's still got his pride, and he knows that his hyungs will endlessly should he make such a childish and petty move, so he makes a sharp left and decidedly drops himself into his favourite hyung's lap instead. Minho lets out a surprised oof before simply slinging both arms around Taemin's skinny waist. This happens a lot at home, so none of them actually pay it any attention anymore.  

Jaemin smiles when she sees Taemin, and some of Taemin's anger naturally seeps away at the way his girlfriend's eyes curve into gentle crescents when her lips curl upwards in that loving smie reserved solely for him. 

"Here, for you," Taemin lightly tosses one of the cans of soda to Jaemin, who smiles even wider in thanks. Taemin thinks this counts for reminding his hyungs of his presence and position as Jaemin's boyfriend. 

He cackles evilly inside. Dignity preserved and girlfriend retained. I am a genius. 

But instead, Jinki automatically outstretches a hand and offers to open the can for Jaemin, who flushes even more when Jonghyun whines that he was about to ask the same thing, too. Taemin's eyes narrow even further when Jinki and Jonghyun tug and pull the can about, which is, unfortunately, trapped between Jaemin's hands. Taemin is horrified at how his hyungs are clamouring all over his girlfriend just to open a can of soda. 

When Jonghyun finally relents and instead settles for placing a hand on Jaemin's arm to ask her to continue sharing her story, Taemin snaps. 

But not exactly. 

It seems as though Minho and Kibum both know that Taemin's about reaching his limit, so Kibum hops off the couch and pulls Jonghyun away with one swift tug, before tipping up the can of soda towards Jinki's lips when said boy finally opens the can and is about to hand it back to Jaemin. Jinki splutters and Jaemin- sweet girl that she is- automatically reaches out to help. 

Minho- who had tightened his hold around Taemin when Kibum first got off the armrest of the couch- gently loosens his grip before sliding out from under Taemin and petting Jinki's back before Jaemin can reach him, then sending Taemin a laughing smile before hauling their leader out the door where Kibum and Jonghyun just left. 

The door shuts and it's just Taemin and Jaemin. 

A relieved sigh automatically falls from Taemin's lips. Crisis averted. 

"Uh- "

Taemin looks over at Jaemin, who looks more than a little confused at what just happened, and stretches out an arm to pull his girlfriend to him. Jaemin crashes gently against his chest as Taemin leans down and presses his lips against her's, arm snaking around her waist. Taemin can feel Jaemin smile and he pulls her impossibly closer.

Finally. Contentment.

-