when kyuhyun takes chanyeol under his wing

K-pop Scenario Shop (Applies Closed!)

For: amusingmurdermachine

A/N: Ok, I'm really frustrated with AFF right now. I had this typed out already, and it was long and I really liked it, and my Internet decides to crash on me and AFF's autosave really does not work. Sorry for the delay dear! :( 

-

Chanyeol giggles to himself from where he's sitting on the couch, legs dangling off the edge, laptop balancing precariously on his lap and sapphire blue earbuds stuffed into his ears. He's busy watching Super Junior on Intimate Note, and when Cho Kyuhyun is being particularly funny while maintaining the most innocent of expressions on a particular segment of the show, his giggles get louder (and much more creepy), legs jabbing Jongin repeatedly in the shoulder. 

Jongin groans as he loses control of the remote, Luigi's kart swerving off the mountain and into a dark abyss. Sehun whoops victoriously from where he sits next to him, easily overtaking Jongin and winning the race.

"Chanyeol hyung!" Jongin barks angrily.

Chanyeol doesn't hear him. 

The maknae of EXO-K cheers and croons and rubs it all in Jongin's face, and Jongin wails and sulks unhappily, proceeding to drop himself shamelessly onto Kyungsoo's lap, causing the latter to yelp and drop his book. As Kyungsoo bewilderedly pats Jongin's head of black hair, Baekhyun sneaks up behind Chanyeol and peers curiously over his shoulder, lips curving up into a smirk as he sees what Chanyeol is doing. 

And then-

"Chanyeollie has a crush on Kyuhyun-sunbae!"

Chanyeol shrieks and nearly rolls off the couch (because it's not fun to have your group's main vocal holler right next to your eardrums, okay), and the rest of EXO-K glances up at him questioningly (Jongin albeit laughingly). Joonmyun is gawking at him from the kitchen, ladle in hand and pink frilly apron around his waist.

Chanyeol can only glare at Baekhyun, hug his laptop (and his precious Kyuhyun-sunbae) to his chest and make a convincing escape.

-

Chanyeol turns into Cho Kyuhyun's Number One Fanboy from that night onwards.

Honestly, Chanyeol's much too obsessed and much too thick-headed to give two s about what other people might think of him, so he goes all out when he sees Super Junior around the building, jumping eagerly on the balls of his feet to catch a glimpse of the brown-haired vocalist and greeting him energetically if he sees him. If they happen to be recording for the same show or music program, Chanyeol never fails to give Kyuhyun a hyper wave and an adoring grin (and proceed to stare at him unnervingly for the rest of whatever schedule it is they're sharing, so much so that even the passive and unmovable evil maknae starts to twitch). 

Both groups are scheduled to appear on Music Bank one night, and Chanyeol thinks it's fate when Super Junior gets assigned to go on right before them for the pre-recording. Chanyeol is so stupid crazy that Joonmyun has to grip onto his silver jacket warningly, gesturing for Baekhyun to keep one hand firmly on Chanyeol's waist as well. (And okay, he might have told Kyungsoo to keep Chanyeol distracted by talking to him, as well as instructed the two maknaes to stand behind and in front of Chanyeol, ready to pounce should The Wild One get out of control.)

Joonmyun is a careful leader. 

Super Junior enters from stage left, and Chanyeol actually squeals (Jongin groans because it's so humiliating) when they get into formation for y, Free and Single. 

And then Chanyeol starts to fan chant, very, very loudly.

"Oh my god, who are you, I am leaving, you are embarrassing," Jongin backs away slowly, and Joonmyun's eyes widen in panic because he sees the exuberance in Chanyeol's eyes and he knows it's going to get so very out of hand, so the leader sends Kyungsoo a pleading look, and Kyungsoo lurches after their dancer quickly, placating him in that soft, affectionate way that Jongin has no choice but to return to his spot behind The Wild One, leaning against Kyungsoo in childish petulance.

Super Junior wraps up the recording professionally, smiles and bows to stage-hands and directors before bustling offstage, right towards stage right where EXO-K waits. 

Chanyeol is practically bouncing, and Joonmyun tightens the death grip on his arm while Jongin tugs furiously at the back of his jacket to calm his down.

Super Junior walks past them happily, slapping them high-fives or bumping fists or pulling them into one-armed hugs. (And Joonmyun is delighted when Jungsoo pats his shoulder as a leader-to-leader form of encouragement, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are secretly happy when Jongwoon flashes them a smile and praises them for the marked improvements in their vocals, while Sehun is beaming inside as Hyukjae and Donghae fuss over him like cute older brothers.) 

Then Chanyeol looks up after Siwon ruffles his hair playfully to see Sungmin and Kyuhyun trooping down the stairs together (as always), heads dipped towards each other as Sungmin whispers something to Kyuhyun, giggling and happy. Kyuhyun frowns and looks up briefly to glance at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol's heart starts to race because they're talking about me.

"Hi, Kyuhyun-sunbae! You were great today! Really amazing, actually," Chanyeol blurts as Kyuhyun approaches him. He sees Kyuhyun's frown deepen and his eyebrows furrow in annoyance, and a laughing Sungmin whispers a I told you so, be nice, Kyuhyunnie (and how much Chanyeol would give to call Kyuhyun that) into Kyuhyun's ear before pinching Kyungsoo's cheeks and walking away, leaving a scowling Jongin and a flushing Kyungsoo in his wake.

Kyuhyun crosses his arms and gives Chanyeol a once-over, and Chanyeol wants to shrink under his gaze but becoolbecoolbecool, Chanyeol reminds himself. 

"So," Kyuhyun lifts one calculating eyebrow, bemused smirk playing at his lips (and he's definitely the evil maknae, Chanyeol thinks), "you like me?" 

Chanyeol's jaw most probably hits the floor. 

Joonmyun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are busy getting instructions from their managers and the directors to pay attention, but Chanyeol hears Jongin and Sehun whistle low and long under their breaths from where they stand behind him. 

"Um, I, uh, well- "

Kyuhyun's smirk grows impossibly wider, "You do like me."

What was Chanyeol thinking, liking such a cocky bastard like Cho Kyuhyun?

He hears Jongin snigger and thinks that his dongsaeng is real mature for trying to make his embarrassment a hundred folds worse, just because Chanyeol accidentally kicked his shoulder that night and caused him to lose his petty game of Mario Kart with Sehun. 

But then a dangerous glint flits across Kyuhyun's toffee brown eyes and he leans closer to Chanyeol to whisper in his ear, "Want to give me a hand?"

-

"Cho Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun chortles with laughter as he hears Youngwoon bellow angrily from the bathroom, no doubt noticing the wonderful masterpiece etched skilfully across his entire face. Jongwoon is fretting worriedly and he screeches when he finds Ddangkkoma too close to the toilet bowl for comfort, and he hears Donghae whining to Hyukjae about how all his underwear went missing. 

Kyuhyun sips from his coffee cup and nestles into the couch, and he only grins triumphantly when his favourite hyung shakes his head at him from the door to the living room, clucking his tongue. 

"What?" Kyuhyun asks innocently. 

Sungmin rolls his eyes, "I'm going to apologise to poor Joonmyun."

Kyuhyun chuckles and whips out his phone, thumbing a job well done text to Chanyeol. 

A few seconds later, Kyuhyun sends another text-

Coffee with me later?

And then the happy evil maknae smirks, in his zone and completely satisfied. 

-