hello stranger

K-pop Scenario Shop (Applies Closed!)

For: OhMyKrisus

A/N: Ok, I watched this movie two years ago and it's really pretty, but I'm really hazy with the details so I'll do my best. Check out the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6qZ3PUvzsc :) breaking the necessary parts down, two Thai tourists decide to tour Korea together because they don't want to holiday in a foreign country alone, but they decide not to tell each other their names, so that they don't have to deal with the complications that arise in doing so (i.e. caring about the other's feelings, etc.). Of course, they fight a lot and they quarrel a lot, but the movie's meant to show how (and I quote) "sometimes, not knowing sets you free", wherein they learn to care for (and love!) each other over the days, although they are complete strangers. For this scenario, I'm going to (as per requested) focus on the ending, where they have a teary confession/farewell and the guy tells the girl that he'll love her and keep searching for her even though he doesn't know her name. Do watch it if you're free! It's romantic and super funny. Enjoy :)

-

Atiya stared straight into the wall of the hotel room as she clumsily stuffed her last article of clothing into her luggage. Slowly, she looked back down to zip up and lock her luggage, before standing up and taking a final look around the room, to check that she had accounted for all her belongings. 

This was it. After almost three weeks of holidaying with her- for lack of a better word since she still doesn't know his name- holiday partner, it was time to say their goodbyes and part ways for good, most probably never to cross paths again. 

Somehow, the thought made her numb with sadness.

But Atiya shook it off as quickly as she felt it, chiding herself that she barely knew this guy, and that he could be a druglord or leader of some dangerous mafia gang for all she knew. 

She guessed, with a sigh, that that was the price to pay for having a stranger as a convenient holiday partner.

Atiya grabbed her haversack, tossed it over her shoulders, flicked off the lights and left the room.

-

"Hey," Atiya looked up to see her holiday partner push himself off from where he was leaning against a pristine white pillar. He looked her over and a small smirk tugged at his lips, "You look even fatter than usual in those clothes, pig." 

Atiya snarled back like what she usually did whenever he like this, and the tall, blonde male let out an amused chuckle. 

(But both of them knew everything was so much more fake today.) 

Atiya's holiday partner stuffed one hand into the pocket of his jeans, tipping his head towards the counter. "Have you checked out yet?" 

Atiya nodded slowly, "Yeah, um, I'm just waiting for the transport to the airport now." 

"Oh."

Heavy, thick silence fell over the pair. Atiya's flight out of Korea left that night, whereas her holiday partner was due to leave the following day at noon.

"The shuttle bus to Incheon Airport is arriving in five minutes!" A middle-aged bellman called out from the double doors leading into the hotel lobby. A bunch of guests made their way over to the doors, and Atiya shifted uncomfortably, grip on the handle of her luggage tightening. 

Don't make this so hard, Atiya. Just say goodbye and walk away. That's what strangers do. 

"Well," Atiya choked out a breath of laughter, and she winced at how awfully forced it sounded, even to her own ears. "I guess this is it." 

Her holiday partner said nothing. Atiya cringed. The awkwardness was going to kill her.

She bowed slightly, out of basic courtesy, "Okay then, um, goodbye."

With that, Atiya tugged at her luggage and backed away, and she tried to ignore the emptiness- almost like the loss of something important- knawing at her gut. 

"Wait," Atiya nearly fell over backwards as a hand closed around her wrist and yanked her back. Her conviction to end this with a simple, clean break faltered as she saw the slight desperation in her holiday partner's eyes. 

"This- this can't be it, right? I mean, we'll still see each other?" 

Atiya's heart breaks a little as she remembers all that they've been through together over the past couple of weeks, all their frivolous, meaningless fighting and quarrels, all the disagreements and frustrations and yet, all the laughter and smiles and rather intimate moments they've shared as well. Every part of her itches to agree with him and say yes let's trade names and numbers I'll call you and keep in touch and we'll see where this all goes, but the rational part of her knows better than to do so.

"Isn't this why we didn't trade names in the first place?" Atiya's eyes are growing wet as she says this, and her voice is getting louder and more desperate but she can't stop because she needs to remind him, and remind herself, "Because we didn't want to deal with each other's feelings, we didn't want to have anything but a simple ending?" 

"But I like you!" 

Atiya's world stops spinning for a moment. 

Her holiday partner is tearing up as well, and his voice is scratchy and hollow, just like her heart. "I like you, and- and I don't even know your name." 

"All guests travelling to Incheon Airport, please board the shuttle bus now!"

The bellman's voice shakes Atiya out of the whirlwind of her thoughts and shakily, she realises that no time, no time, there's no time, and before she can stop herself, she's leaned up to press the slightest of kisses to her holiday partner's lips. 

Atiya pulls back almost immediately, and she wishes her holiday partner would hurl an insult to her face about how ugly she looks when she cries, just so they can go back to how they were merely a day ago. But instead, his eyes are red and he's crying, too. Atiya's fingers flutter to her lips in shock and horror.

"I- Good- goodbye," Atiya hastily bows one last time, and clamping one hand over , she bolts for the double doors and clambers onto the shuttle bus, falling into a seat at the back while crying softly to herself. 

"You! You! Pig!" 

Atiya's eyes widen at the blurry voice yelling at her, and before she can stop herself, she whirls around in her seat, pressing both palms against the window pane to see her holiday partner sprinting after the bus. 

"I'll find you, you hear me? I'll keep looking for you and I'll keep loving you until I get your name!" 

The tears flow faster than ever at his words, and the last thing Atiya sees before the shuttle bus makes a turn is the crying, heartbroken face of her holiday partner. 

The stranger she has come to love.

-