when an ugly girl confesses to a handsome prince

K-pop Scenario Shop (Applies Closed!)

For: OhMyKrisus

A/N: Oh dear. Why is it so long? I hope you like it though! By the way, when I was typing this, the girl came across to me as IU's character in Dream High, so I guess you could think of it along those lines. Ok, I think the reason why it's so draggy-ish is because Kris is my EXO bias, too! :) Hope you like it!

-

Atiya has always hated Valentine's Day. 

Now don't get her wrong, she's into the whole lovey-dovey sweet romantic thing, in fact, she's a huge er for bittersweet Literature like Romeo and Juliet, and she's just waiting for the day when her Mr Right comes stumbling into her life (preferably someone who can play the violin) and serenades her while she leans on the balcony of her second floor window, the wind tossing her long white dress-

But Atiya digresses. Sure, she's into the whole confessing thing and she thinks it's cute how girls trip and stumble over their words while ing a box of homemade chocolates into their crush's face, but Valentine's Day isn't the best day when you're a girl like her.

Ugly. Disproportionate features. Nerdy black spectacles. Plump figure. 

On days like these, Atiya trudges into school only to get mocked before she can even reach her locker (which because the mocking usually starts when she opens her locker), by snotty girls who comment about how days like this are wasted on girls like you because you're never going to get an oppa anyway and arrogant boys who laugh and say not even a chocolate fountain will get you any dates

So ever since the first bout of teasing back when she was twelve and wanted to confess to a cute, bubbly little boy whose name was Luhan, when her box of homemade chocolate chip cookies got snatched out of her hands by a devilish boy known as Kim Jongin and her thoughtfully written letter was ripped in front of her face by the mischievous Kim Minseok, Atiya has never, never, celebrated Valentine's Day.

(But that doesn't mean that she doesn't have her eyes set on anyone, though.)

-

Atiya first met Yifan- or, more popularly now, Kris- back when she was just about to turn fifteen. 

Her old neighbours had moved out of the house next to their's (the siblings were lovely, Park Sandara and Park Cheondung) as the family was moving to the States, Mr Park having gotten a new post over there and Sandara and Cheondung both wanting to pursue dancing in an Art School in New York City. And barely a few weeks later Atiya saw the moving truck pull out from her new neighbours' driveway as she was coming home from school, on a strawberry lollipop, earphones plugged loosely in her ears, backpack slung messily over her shoulders. She saw a well-dressed, nice-looking middle-aged woman and who was probably her husband pull some boxes across the small front lawn to the door, and just as she was about to step forward and introduce herself and offer her help (her parents had always been about manners and basic courtesy), a young boy who appeared to be her age pushed the door open and stepped outside. 

Needless to say, Atiya's lollipop fell out of . 

What was standing before her was a godly piece of sheer perfection. Tousled dirty blond hair, sharp brown eyes, long, lean figure clad in a loose navy blue shirt, black skinny jeans and black converse shoes. Atiya quickly brought her hand up to rub at her chin. 

No drool, check. Good.

As soon as the boy's gaze flickered up to meet her's, Atiya had to grip onto her backpack to prevent it from tumbling off her shoulder as well. 

He flicked his messy bangs away from his face, titled his head in curiosity and smiled a smallbeautifulperfect smile at her, lifting his hand hesitantly in a wave. 

That was all it took for Atiya to become a desperate, hopeless stalker girl in love.

-

And so this is how Atiya finds herself today- 14 February, seventeen, with a three-year crush on the beautiful boy that was Kris. 

Atiya and Kris were friends (at least, she hoped so). Their parents were friends, so they automatically hung out with each other whenever Kris' family came over for dinner and vice versa. The pair had gone out before, once or twice, to a nearby park to get to know each other and a shopping mall one day when Kris was bored and wanted to get to know the area better. They went to the same school, too, but the two were so vastly different that they barely crossed paths in school. (Of course, Atiya had to shy away from Kris because the group who took him in was the one that made her life a living hell, and she did not need to be tormented in front of her crush, thank you very much.) 

So after three long years of waiting and wishing and wanting and hoping, Atiya finally decides to bring a wrapped present to school on Valentine's Day. 

The box doesn't contain chocolates or sweets, though, but instead contains a black leather belt that Atiya had heard Kris whining about to his parents a few weeks back. She knows her confession's definitely not going to get her Kris, though (why would it, when there are beautiful girls like Tiffany and Jessica who are all vying for Kris' love and attention), but there's something knawing at her to stop being a wuss and just confess to the boy already, you might as well get rejected now so you know the only people who're going to love you are your parents, so she does. 

Kris slams his locker door shut with much difficulty, arms balancing his books and the whole pile of presents he's received during the day. He blinks in surprise when he sees Atiya peering at him over the mountain of gifts in his arms. 

"Atiya?" Kris sounds surprised. 

Atiya wants to dig a hole and die when she sees the amount of girls Kris has grovelling at his feet just by looking at the amount of presents he has. Instead, she laughs awkwardly and pushes up her thick-framed black spectacles. 

"Uh, hi," she says smartly. 

Kris smiles, though, and Atiya has to will her motor-verbal coordination to work properly until she's done with this conversation, or she'd have to beg her parents to move to Timbatu and hide forever. 

"What's up? He asks slowly, shifting his right shoulder a little so his bag rests more comfortably on his shoulders. When he moves, Atiya sees a small expanse of smooth white skin and oh dear god beautiful collarbone and then she realises she's staring like a creep, so she gives herself a mental slap and holds out her gift to Kris. 

Kris' eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Atiya hopes its positive surprise. 

"Um, ha, happy Valentine's Day, Yifan," Atiya begins, using his real name because it just rolls off her tongue so naturally. "I guess it's pretty obvious that I like you- a lot- but it doesn't take a genius to know it's impossible between us so I hope you like my gift, and I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship, okay?" She smiles sadly, but her eyes are knowing. "You're a really amazing, handsome, funny guy, and I hope your future girlfriend treats you well." 

With that, Atiya gingerly places her gift atop his pile and smiles softly, pushing up her glasses one last time before taking a step back-

And then soft, hesitant lips are pressing against the crown of her head. 

Atiya's hand reaches out and grasps onto one of the locks on the lockers, because she needs to make sure she stays standing.

When Kris pulls back, his eyes are kind and his smile is gentle, "I like girls with cute, nerdy spectacles." 

Atiya wants to die when he says that, and although she knows that Kris doesn't like her the way she likes him- yet- she'll keep waiting until the day that he does.

-