First kiss

SenSei

 

“Even though their families were enemies Romeo and Juliet had been married secretly and promise to love each other” Jun narrated the story to Yuki-sensei. He and his sensei were both in the library. “We can be Romeo and Juliet, What do you think sensei?”

 

Yuki raised her eye brow. “Mr. Matsumoto, stop making fun with me and are you sure you really read Romeo and Juliet?”

“I’m not yet done but I’ll surely finish reading” Jun assured.

“Good, for you to know that their relationship ended tragically, they died because-”

They died because they didn't listen to their parents. That was the intended sentence of Yuki but she didn’t continue. Her student may misunderstand her.

“You also like me, you’re just afraid, am I right?” asked Jun. He easily got it. A teacher-student love may end tragically. Perhaps sensei didn’t want it so she denied her feelings” 

No! No! No!” Yuki-sensei wanted to shout; she was so tired listening with Jun. Now he was thinking that she liked him.  She stood up leaving the boy behind but he grabbed her right arm. “If you consider your reputation, I’ll understand just tell me your real feeling.”

“You’re a naïve student I don’t want to mingle with! So leave me ALONE” thought Yuki but as she saw Jun with eyes so alluring and tantalizing, she seemed to be hypnotized saying these words. “Yeah, I like you, but-”

Before Yuki finished her words Jun smiled and kissed her forehead -then he left.

“He’s making fun of me, He is surely making fun of me!” complained Yuki to her friend Nanako. They were eating lunch together.

 

“Hey Mao, don’t tell me you’re starting to fall for him.” said Nanako teasing.

“No! He’s our student”

“But he’s your ideal guy, right?”

During high school days, Mao badly wanted a boyfriend who is intelligent, handsome and from a private school. 

“I’m no longer a high school student now” said Yuki

“I’m just joking, of course I know you won’t fall for Jun Matsumoto.  By the way I heard Jun’s mom died also because of the earth quake 7 years ago,”

That was the first time Yuki learned about it. Perhaps Jun may experience same agony as she did.

 

Homing time, Jun spotted Yuki-sensei with a man.  They talked for five minutes. When the man left Jun came closer.

“Who is he, you’re boyfriend? He’s old for you.”

“His name is Fujiki Naohito, he’s a doctor”

“I’m asking if he’s your boyfriend.”

“He’s my brother-in-law” answered Yuki as she left.

Yuki will visit her sister’s tomb.  She felt awkward (or maybe afraid) being in cemetery alone. She was having second thought going there.

She noticed Jun was still looking at her from behind. She turned back and asked him. “I’m going to visit my sister, can you accompany me?”

Jun automatically joined Yuki sensei. They went in the cemetery together.

“I supposed to go here with Naohito but he has meetings so he’ll be late” said Yuki. “Sorry if I brought you here.” When Yuki turned to Jun he saw him with teary eyes. “You’re crying?”

“No I’m not!’ Jun lied as he wiped his tears.

Yuki knew he was crying and she knew why “I made you remember your mom, right?” That was actually what she did. “Gomen Jun”

Yuki felt really guilty that’s why she decided to bring him in the amusement park.

 

“My treat” said Yuki but Jun refused. He paid his own bill.

“When you’re having a date with your girl it is much better to share the bills” said Jun.

Yuki rolled her eyes and said “This isn’t a date!”

“Then what should we call this?” asked Jun.

“This is…is…” Yuki can’t answer.

“This is our first date” Jun insisted as she grabbed her hand.

 

“He’s holding my hand” thought Yuki. For a minute she imagined herself being a high School student.

 

“Mao” called Jun.

Yuki had awakened from her imagination. She pulled her hand away from Jun. “You shouldn’t call me with my first name.”

 “I didn’t call you” said Jun. Yuki realized that it was included in her imagination.

 

 “Hey, don't tell me you want me to call you in your first name?” again Jun misunderstood her.

 

            “I want to go home- I hate being with this guy!” Yuki wanted to tell that but she didn’t want to waste money so she must endure being with him.

 

            Jun was trying to show sweetness but it didn’t work. Yuki was obviously avoiding him.

 

“O, speak again, bright angel!” Jun suddenly narrated lines from Romeo and Juliet. It was Romeo’s line in the balcony scene. “For thou art As glorious to this night!” He was delivering it with feeling, facing Yuki as if she was Juliet.

 “Being o'er my head, As is a winged messenger of heaven Unto the white-upturned wond'ring eyes Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him When he bestrides the lazy puffing clouds And sails upon the bosom of the air.”

Yuki didn’t give any reaction.

“Oi!” called Jun “Aren’t you going to answer?-Just like Juliet” Jun was demanding but he made Yuki laughed.

“At least I made you laugh.”

“You should practice to be a good actor” said Yuki. Now, she was already comfortable with Jun.

 

 Suddenly she spotted their vice principal with his family. Yuki pulled Jun to hide. They entered inside a horror booth.

 

“It will be an issue if the vice principal saw us together” uttered Yuki, bothered.

“Yeah, I understand but are you sure we’re going to hide here in the horror house?”

That was the time Yuki realized where they were. She felt goose bump.

“Aaahh!!!’ shouted Yuki as she heard scary voices. She went with Jun and hugged his shoulder.

“Sensei!” called Jun

 “Why?” responded Yuki. “Sorry, but I’m really afraid with ghost.” Yuki’s eyes were close and she handling Jun’s arm tightly.

“Sensei!” Jun repeated.

“Instead of calling me for a second time can we just please get out of here?” exclaimed Yuki. She opened her eyes and looked with Jun. The light there was dim but she can still see his face.  He was very handsome in deed. 

Jun looked in her eyes. “My temperature is getting high.”

“What do you mean?” asked Yuki “No, stop staring!” Yuki can’t resist that gaze. Jun was a temptation. He was attempting to kiss her. “I should resist and say no, but I can’t do it…”

 

Yuki closed her eyes again and accepted the kiss.

 

“No!” said Mao. She refused when her boyfriend Shun Oguri attempted to kiss her.

Shun Oguri was her first boy friend.  She met him in college. Shun was popular especially with girls but Mao was confident that he’ll never cheat, until one day she saw him sleeping with the most popular girl in school. That was Mao’s first broken heart. She cried all day and night.

After 2 years they met again and became friends. Oguri still love her but for Mao the relationship was over. Shun left to continue his studies in America. The day he left, Mao met Yuta Hiraoka, they had mutual understanding but it didn’t last. Mao thought it wasn’t her time to fall in love. Maybe she must finish first her studies.

 

Yuki-sensei didn’t resist the kiss. For the mean time she forgot everything thinking that she was still high school student (Mao Inoue). She was returning Jun’s kiss.

 

After more than a minute, Yuki sensei regained her mind and departed away from Jun. She knew the kiss was a big mistake.