Inoue Mao's Honmei Choco

SenSei

 

11

“Look, Yuki-sensei is so pretty!” said Nana on Saturday morning. She was present in Naohito and Eri’s wedding reception. Nana was wearing a white dress as well as Yuki.

Jun can see how pretty Yuki was but it didn’t matter. “C”mon, Nana let’s eat!”

“Okay!” replied Nana, smiling.

 

“He’s Eri’s nephew, right?” one of the female guests asked. Yuki heard them.

“Yes, the name is Jun. I heard he’s an honor student.”

“How about that girl, her girlfriend?” she was talking about Nana.

“Ah, she’s Nana, from Eikura family-they are cute together, right?”

“Yes, you’re absolutely correct!”

 

Yuki agreed. Jun and Nana were good couple. She was trying to convince her self about that fact, but still, there was a little pain inside her. Yuki headed in the comfort room. She began weeping. As she remembered, when Jun returned from the hospital, she could see him smiling, happy with his friends and with Nana. It seemed that he forgot about her already, so easy. She should be happy because she wanted it to be this way but why was she crying?

“If only I met him earlier,”thought Yuki. “Everything will be perfect”

 

[Mao POV]

I was studying in Sakura High, one of the most prestigious schools in the country. My sister helped me to get the scholarship. By the help of patience and hard working I managed to be the second most intelligent student, next to Jun Matsumoto.

Jun was indeed a genius. At first I didn’t like him, we’re rivals but this rivalry changed into admiration. I was the first one who admitted how much I like him.

February 14, Valentine’s Day: I made a honmei choco, to finally admit my feelings for Jun. I was so nervous. There were a lot of girls lining to hand their chocolates. All were pretty so I had second thought if I give my honmei.

Jun glared at me. His eyes melted my heart. Without thinking, I headed to him and give my chocolates.

“Mao-chan is after Jun?” the class blabbed. I felt so embarrassed. I ran away leaving the honmei. I failed to say “I like you” but at least I handed my chocolate. Perhaps he had idea how much I like him. It was a honmei choco after all.

 During Valentine’s Day women give the men gifts of chocolate. These are divided into three types: giri choco (obligatory chocolate), honmei choco (chocolate for the man the woman is serious about) and tomo choco (chocolate for the woman's female friends)

After my shameless confession, Jun didn’t change. He was still my rival. (He corrects my mistakes or shows his higher scores in exams) I hate him for ignoring my effort so I asked him. “I gave you a honmei choco; what can you say about that?”

He smiled giving no answer. He made me think. I started to be puzzled. I never heard about his type of girl so I wasn’t sure if he likes me. I should wait for White Day to figure it out.

 

On March 14, exactly one month after Valentine's Day, 'White Day' is celebrated. On Valentine's Day women give chocolates to men and on White Day it's the men's turn to give to the women! The return gift should be two to three times the cost of the Valentine's gift!

 

According to my calendar, it was already March 14 White Day! It wasSunday, No classes. I stayed at home, reading books. I wanted to concentrate on the novel I was reading for weeks but Jun’s face was popping on my head. “What’s wrong with him? Isn’t he going to give me chocolates? No calls, no single text message. Maybe he doesn’t really like me!”

It depressed me. Now I should prepare to celebrate Black Day on April 14.

 

The next day, I was still upset. I didn’t want to see him. I hate Jun Matsumoto for dumping me.

As I entered our classroom, I saw a bunch of red roses. Jun prepared them. He also gave me chocolates. “This is for you”

I was so happy. The man I love for years confessed his love. He also liked me. There was only one thing I realized I need to change my old calendar.

Sweet moments followed. Black Day won’t be suited for me anymore.

 

*******************

Here is one of my fave Inoue Mao Cm (reminds me of Hanadan)

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Last chapter to go: Thank you for Reading