Boyfriend

SenSei

 

4

“Romeo and Juliet” is probably the most famous lovers ever. This couple has become a synonym for love. It is a tragedy by William Shakespeare. Their love story is very tragic, the tale of two teenagers from two feuding families who fall in love at first sight and then marry, become true lovers and then risk it all for their love. To take your own life for your husband or wife is definitely a sign of true love. Their "untimely deaths" ultimately unite their feuding households” said Yuki, summarizing the story. “Anymore question?”

 

“Sensei!” one of her female students raised a question “Do you personally believe in love at first sight?”

The students started to create noise, teasing.

“Well, personally, I don’t believe in love at first sight” answered Yuki.

“Sensei” a male student asked “Do you have boyfriend?”

“Yeah, sensei, we want to know who your boyfriend is.” Almost all of her students wanted to hear the answer.

“To be honest, I don’t have a boyfriend”

After hearing that answer, Hiroki and Mirai looked each other.

 

*

“Sensei!” called Hiroki during break time. Mirai was stopping him.

“What is it, Mr. Nariyama?”

“I thought you’re doing better with Jun”

Yuki didn’t reply.

“Sensei, I know Jun since nursery. I’m sure he’s serious about his feelings. Please don’t hurt him”

“Hiroki, stop it!” said Mirai pulling his friend. “Sensei, I’m sorry. We’re going now.”

 

*

            In the culinary workshop, Jun was done in his strawberry pie.

            “I wonder why you’re here, you’re already good” said Momo, a college student who also joined the workshop.

             “No, I need to learn more” replied Jun.

            Momo laughed, happy to see a meek boy. “Hey, do you know that girl?” he asked pointing the pretty lady at their back, which was busy baking a pie.

 Jun had glance. “Ah, she’s Nana Eikura, a school mate” he answered.

            “She’s cute, what do you think?”

            “Yeah, she is” said Jun but seemed not interested.

            “Don’t you like her?” asked Momo.

            “No” Jun responded “I have a girl friend, she’s prettier.”

 

The workshop was designed for two days but it usually takes three days because of the awarding and some get together. Jun didn’t plan to attend but Momo forced him.

“It will be great if you attend” said Momo.

“But, my girlfriend expects me to return by tomorrow.”

“For sure she’ll understand, just give her a call”

Jun took his cell phone. He tried to contact Yuki but no one answer.

 

Yuki turned off her phone since she visited her sister’s tomb with Fujiki.

“I’m sure, nee-chan is so happy. Finally you’ll be married.”

Fujiki Naohito, Yuki’s brother-in-law was scheduled to marry a nurse.  

 

“Your sister will be much happier if you too get married.”

Yuki smiled.

“Now, tell me” said Fujiki “Do you have a boyfriend?”

“I don’t have. Don’t worry, I’ll find soon”

“Just be sure he’s good.”

 

The next day, Yuki began in a roll call. She was in her advisory class.

 

“Eikura Nana!” she called. “Absent again?”

‘”Sensei, we heard she attended a culinary workshop” said a female student.

“I wonder why Eikura didn’t inform me about this” complained Yuki. “Anyway, let’s continue!”

Yuki was about to begin when a male teacher entered her classroom.

            “Oh no, wrong room!” said Sensei Akagi, the handsome P.E. teacher. “I’m sorry Inoue-sensei.”

            “Its okay, no problem!” said Yuki.

            But the students started to tease them.

During lunch break, Akagi sensei talked to Yuki to apologize.

            “I’m really sorry Ms, Inoue.”

            “It’s not a big deal, don’t worry.”

            “Thank you, Ms. Inoue, you’re really kind. By the way, are you free this evening, I have two J.E. concert tickets”

            “In any chance, are you asking for a date?”

            Akagi sensei nodded. “You can think about it, I’ll wait after class.”

 

            “A date?” exclaimed Nanako after Yuki story tell what happened. They were eating bentou together.

            “What do you think Nanako, should I go?” asked Yuki.

            “Go ahead! It’s about time to find new love. Akagi sensei looks kind and he’s cute”

            “I think you’re right, but…”

            “Don’t hesitate” said Nanako.  “Actually, I had hinted that he likes you. Maybe he decided to confess because of the flowers you received.”

            “The flowers?” Yuki remembered the red roses she received from Jun.

            *

That evening, Yuki fixed herself for the date. Before leaving her house, she had glanced on the flower vase where she placed the roses. She was thinking about Jun but she already set her mind going out with Akagi sensei.

Her cell phone rang. “Hello…”

            “It’s me. I’m here!’ said Jun. When Yuki looked at the window, she spotted Jun.