My right time

SenSei

 

Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao were both high school students. They were studying in a private school where they met, became friends and begun creating fun memories.

 

“Failed!” that was written in Inoue Mao’s test paper. Inoue Mao was a sophomore in a public school. She was a diligent student, but it wasn’t enough to pass her English subject. She glanced at Nanako, her seat mate and found out she got perfect score. Nanako was good in English and very popular with boys, she had these two characteristics that Mao never had.

 “I wish I can be good in English, and also I wish I can be popular with boys” said Mao but deep inside those two wishes were impossible. She used to call those things as DREAM. “It will remain dreams forever.”

 

When Mao got home she was happily greeted by her older sister. Her parents were working abroad, that's why he used to be with her sister.

 

“Tadaima, nee--.” Before Mao completed her words she realized her sister wasn’t there.  She married with a doctor at the age of 19. She left Mao alone.

 

The next day Mao went school earlier.  At the train, he heard a group of young boys (4 boys) laughing.  She knew the kids were talking about her. “Hey why are you laughing?” she asked, irritated.

One of the boys answered “Because we can see your !”

As Mao realized there was cut in her skirt. She really became careless after the marriage of her sister.  The boys continued laughing so Mao being so much embarrassed pushed them. One of the boys bumped in the train’s window and got wounded.

Mao immediately got off in the next station. She skipped her class.

 

In the other hand, there was this young man named Matsumoto Jun. She was a senior in Sakura private high school. Most of the girls admired him because of his intelligence and cuteness. Unknown to them Jun hated a lot of subjects. One of those was Geography. He didn’t like discussing earth quakes because he could remember the worst event in his life. It was the death of his mother. It happened 7 years ago due to intense earth quake, the building where her mom was working collapsed. It caused deaths of many. Another subject was English Literature.

 

“Hey Jun!” called Shida Mirai her cute classmate. “Can you help me in our English Literature assignment?” She asked Jun because he’s an honor student. 

“No!” replied Jun bitterly. He really can’t appreciate English Literature.  

But that was before the arrival of their new English teacher.

The new teacher was pretty and cheerful. She has a smooth and white skin, comparable to snow. She also said that her favorite fairy tale is Snow White, that's why they called her Yuki-sensei. The girls admired her while the boys used to have crush on her, including Jun.

 

At first, Jun didn’t feel anything. Until he saw her smile, he heard her voice; he learned her point of view. Because of Yuki-sensei Jun got enthusiasm in learning English Literature. 

“Are you serious?” asked Yuki-sensei when Jun confessed. 

 

“I’m not kidding, I like you.” said Jun. Yuki frown and started walking, Jun followed her.

 

“Sensei, believe me I do really like you!”

 

Yuki paused and looked at Jun. “I’m your teacher and I’m five years older than you”

 

“It doesn’t matter!”

 

“It matters on me!” said Yuki in strong voice “Making fun with your teacher isn't really funny” she said leaving her student broken.

 

 *

“Sakura private high school?” exclaimed Mao, can’t believe that Nanako’s boyfriend was studying there. “Nanako can you lend me some of your luck? You are so bless!”

Nanako smiled then asked Mao if they can go there. 

“Sure!” Mao answered. “Let's see if I can also find prince charming!”

 *

Yuki-sensei got home. Her apartment has peaceful views It has big living room and bedroom, lovely kitchen and an excellent bathroom. She lived here alone.

As she lay in her bed, she could remember her student. To be honest she really felt his sincerity, it was the first time he heard a sincere confession, but falling in love with him is not possible.

Yuki-sensei stood up taking an old photo album in the cabinet.  She started to open its pages and reminisce the past.

 

 “Mao, do you want to be a teacher?” asked Nanako.  

“No I don’t!” answered Mao”But that’s my sister’s dream”

 

“Your sister and I share the same dream” said Nanako. “I also want to be a teacher, a math teacher and I will teach here” declared Nanako having her glance around Sakura High School. 

Later on, Mao discovered that her friend Nanako was in love with a teacher.

 

Matsumoto Jun stayed late in a restaurant with his friends Shida Mirai and Hiroki Narimiya. In their table there was book of Romeo and Juliet. 

 “So, she rejects you” said Mirai getting the book.

“Don’t worry Jun, you have a good look, you can find a better girl” said Hiroki while eating sushi.

 “Yuki is the perfect girl for me” uttered Jun neglecting that Yuki was their teacher.

 “I heard many things about Yuki-sensei” said Hiroki

Mirai and Jun got interested.  

“I heard this from our Math teacher; she said, seven years ago, Yuki- sensei’s sister died in an earth quake” 

“Is that the accident that killed Jun’s mom?” asked Mirai. Hiroki nodded.

 “I already knew that” said Jun. “We lost our relatives in same accident that’s why I guess we can share our agonies.” 

“Jun, you’re insane!” Mirai exclaimed.

     

Mao was about to prepare her food when she felt -the surrounding was shaking. There was an earth quake so she immediately went under the table. The earth quake lasted for 3 minutes. Mao was so afraid. She called her sister “Nee-chan-nee-chan!” she called her parents “Oto-san, Okasan!” she started crying..

An hour later when everything seemed to be okay, worst news ruined her life.  The building where her sister was studying collapsed.

“Your sister, she’s gone!” said his brother in law, he was in total pain. Mao started to cry and shouted her sister’s name.

 

That was a sad memory for Yuki sensei. Her sister died when she was in second year high school. She didn’t just lose a sister but a parent and a best friend. Her death became an eye-opener. Yuki-sensei promised to fulfill her goals: to be fluent in English and to find the right guy.

In her journey looking for the right guy, she experienced heart breaks. She also became an English teacher.

 

The next day, Yuki sensei went in school with full spirit. Her co-teacher and friend called her. “Mao!” it was Nanako. Yuki-sensei’s real name was INOUE MAO.