Scary Movie Time

Our Love's Got an Expiry Date [⌛]

It's so hard to find a job these days... I went to an interview with American Eagle this morning. I hope I get the job!!

 

------Eunji’s POV------

 

“Hey! Scream 4 is out! Let’s watch it!” LiYin exclaimed as she pointed to the poster inside the theatre. The two of us finished our homework after school the day before and got bored, so we decided to go to the mall. Her parents were still away on their business trip so the big house felt empty whenever we were in it. Since we didn’t have many friends, the two of us always hung around with each other. LiYin had quite a few friends, but I only got LiYin. I guess you could say that I had a hard time making new friends. Even though I may seem like a really friendly person who gets along well with the male species, the girls all seem to be afraid of me. I’m not scary looking, but apparently, it’s my history of boyfriends who makes them not like me.

 

“Are you serious?” I stared at her, dumbfounded. It’s not that I don’t like horror movies. It’s just that I would rather not watch it, especially at the theatres. It’s even worse at the theatres because I always have the urge to scream, but because I don’t want to lose my composure in front of others, I always try to hide it. I don’t like making loud noises in public.

 

“Why not? It’s not like it’s night time anyways.” LiYin pouted.

 

“You know I don’t like watching horror movies in theatres. Let’s watch something else.” I suggested with a slight smile. I was never good at pleading people.

 

“I don’t think there’s going to be much people in there. It’s the middle of a bright and sunny day. They’re probably out shopping or at the park. No one watches horror movies in broad day light. They’re meant to be watched at night, with your girlfriend or boyfriend.” LiYin argued.

 

“There better be no one in that theatre.” I pointed my finger at her as we lined up to buy our ticket.

 

“I thought you said people don’t like watching horror movies in broad day light!” I exclaimed quietly when I saw how much people were in the room. There were hardly any spots left to sit. The only row left was the very top one, the one closest to the super loud speakers that could scare the hell out of you.

 

“I guess they’re all excited that it came out yesterday. Now come on, let’s go get a seat.” LiYin ignored my frantic expression as she grabbed my arm and pulled me to the top row.

 

“I think I’m going to leave. You enjoy the show. Call me when you’re done.” I whispered as I slowly pulled my arm back and tried to get out.

 

“Come on. Just watch.” LiYin pleaded as she sat me down. We were in the middle of the entire row because we thought no one else would come since the previews were already starting.

 

“I hate you…” I whispered.

 

“I love you.” LiYin softly laughed as she made herself comfortable.

 

Just when the movie was starting, I saw a group of people coming up the stairs. As they got closer, I saw that it was a group of boys and they all seemed to be our age.

 

“Oh god… it’s him.” I heard LiYin groan. I looked at her in confusion. ‘Them?’

 

“Jonghyun…” She replied as she tried to hide herself. I looked back and saw that it was true. All of them were here, including Jaejoong. I too tried to hide myself, but I had nothing else but a pair of hands. I covered my face and bowed my heard, hoping they wouldn’t notice me. Too bad luck is never on my side.

 

“Dude, we’ve got to split up.” A deep voice pointed out that there weren’t enough seats to sit all ten of them in a row.

 

“We’ll just ask them to move to the end.” A recognizable voice sounded out. It was Jonghyun. I heard footsteps come closer, but luckily, LiYin was the one closest to him.

 

“Is it alright if you two move to the end?” He asked. He was talking to LiYin, but she didn’t reply. I felt her get up from her seat, but just as she did, her cover got blown.

 

“Hey! LiYin! You’re here too?!” Jonghyun exclaimed with glee as he quickly plopped down beside LiYin and pulled her back down. I uncovered my face without noticing and just stared. I couldn’t help but laugh. She’s going to get so annoyed.

 

“Hey, shut up!” I heard someone from the audience shout with annoyance.

 

“Actually, we were just about to leave.” LiYin said as she got up again.

 

“Just stay.” Jonghyun smiled widely and pulled her down. I let out a little giggle. I was kind of happy to see her get annoyed. I told her to not watch the movie, but she didn’t listen. I sat back down.

 

“Told you we shouldn’t have came.” I whispered into her ear.

 

“Shut up…” She groaned. I laughed quietly, but then I suddenly stopped when some of the boys started to make their way onto my side of the seats. By coincidence, or not, Jaejoong took the one next to me. I let out a quiet groan that was only audible for LiYin’s ear, praying he wouldn’t talk to me.

 

“Ha ha…” LiYin smirked. I sent her a glare and turned around to face the big screen. Things felt so awkward, especially since Jaejoong asked me on a date.

 

“Hey.” I voice called from beside me. I already knew who it was without looking.

 

“Hi.” I replied without facing him.

 

“What’s up?” He asked me again. I knew he was looking at me.

 

“Nothing much.” I replied.

 

“So how about that date?” He brought it up, the last thing I wanted to talk about. This time, I turned around.

 

“There is no date.” I replied with a stern look before turning my gaze back to the movie.

 

“Can you stop that?” I heard LiYin whisper harshly. I turned to see that Jonghyun was trying to feed her some popcorn.

 

“Do you want something to drink then?” He offered his beverage.

 

“No.” She replied and pushed it away.

 

“Jong, just stop. You’re annoying other people.” Key told Jonghyun. Jonghyun, Key, Taemin, Minho, and Onew were sitting on Jonghyun side of the row while Jaejoong, Changmin, Yunho, Junsu, and Yoochun were sitting on my side. LiYin and I were surrounded by hot alpha males.

 

“Fine…” Jonghyun gave up and started to pay attention to the movie. LiYin finally let out a sigh as she too concentrated on the movie.

 

“You want some popcorn?” Jaejoong offered me his bag.

 

“No thanks.” I rejected and paid attention to the movie.

 

‘Out of all people and place, why is it here that you guys are the ones that we run into?’ I thought to myself in my head.

 

Halfway through the movie, a scary scene came up. I had been holding in my screams throughout the entire movie. I tried to act calm even when I was really frightened. I didn’t want people, especially the ten guys to look at me when I do explode.

 

On the screen, Guy A walked towards a car. Inside the car was Guy B, who was bending down and he looked like he was dead. Guy A got concerned and started to peer into the car. The horror music was getting louder and it was even worse because the speakers were directly above our heads. My heart was pounding like a running machine. I could feel myself slowly pushing my back into the seat, trying to get away from the screen as far as possible. I hated the music. They always made the movie seem that much scarier. Just when Guy A reached the car, Guy B suddenly sprang up from the seat. That moment, my eyed widened and I could feel myself screaming inside. It scared me so bad. Guy B started laughing because he successfully tricked Guy A. When the laughing died down, the camera was focused on Guy A and suddenly, the Scream popped out of nowhere and stabbed Guy A.

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!” I screamed really loud. I hated pop-ups. I screamed and covered my face with my hands. I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t hold it in. It was too scary. When I uncovered my face, I could feel many pairs of eyes on me. I looked and saw that our entire row, except for LiYin, was staring at me. They all looked kind of surprised. LiYin knew I was going to be like that, that’s why she didn’t show any sign of amusement.

 

‘I totally just humiliated myself.’ I groaned mentally as I covered my face again, but this time was because of embarrassment. After a couple seconds, I regained my composure and sat up straight, removing my hands from my face and concentrating on the big screen.

 

“Are you alright?” Jaejoong tapped on my shoulder.

 

I looked at him and gave him a nod.

 

Almost to the end of the movie, there was another scene where a frantic girl was in her car, trying to start it up. Her hands were shaking and her eyes were darting everywhere, as if trying to look for something. There again, the music started.

 

‘I can do this. I can do this.’ I mentally encouraged myself. I was trying to prepare myself for the horror that was going to appear. I know something bad will happen.

 

All of a sudden, a pair of hands covered my hands. Without thinking, I tried to pry that person’s hands off my face. It was either LiYin or Jaejoong.

 

“Don’t watch. You’re just going to scream anyways.” The familiar male’s voice rang into my right ear. His voice was barely a whisper, but I could hear him loud and clear. My hands retracted and went back to my laps. He was right. A couple seconds later, there was a loud ‘BOOM’ and I could hear all the girls, except for LiYin, scream in fright. I was glad he covered my eyes. I probably couldn’t have handled the fright. The music was still playing and I could hear the girl in the movie screaming. But instead of focusing on the sounds of the movie, my mind focused on the softness of Jaejoong’s hands. Usually, a girl would be blushing when a guy covered their eyes because they didn’t want her to see something bad, but I was more focused on Jaejoong’s skin.

 

‘Another reason why this guy would be a perfect girl. Why are his hands so soft?!’ I screamed in my hand. Yet again, I was jealous of the guy’s perfect skin.

 

Suddenly, his hands were gone and the screen was back. The movie had ended and the credits were rolling. I wasn’t even able to see how the movie ended. I would have to ask LiYin later on.

 

“Thanks.” I looked at Jaejoong. He nodded in reply.

 

“I saw what happened.” LiYin winked at me when we all stood up from our seats.

 

“Yeah and because of that, I couldn’t see the end of the movie.” I retorted. Everyone was slowly making their way out of the movie room. The boys were all talking about the movie. I looked at LiYin and she looked right back at me. I pointed towards the exit of the theatre. She nodded and the two of us started to speed up our steps. We were trying to get away from the boys before they could notice or else Jonghyun would be annoying LiYin again.

 

“Hey, where are you two going?” A voice reached out to us. We knew it was Jonghyun, but we pretended we didn’t hear anything and continued to speed walk. Too bad someone grabbed LiYin’s arm, which was holding onto mine. The two of us were pulled back.

 

“You didn’t hear me?” Jonghyun looked at LiYin.

 

“I didn’t hear anything.” She replied as she tried to get her arm out of Jonghyun’s hold. People dispersed and the twelve of us were now standing near the doors of the exit. The sun seemed to have started to set.

 

“Well, I asked where you guys were going.” Jonghyun repeated. The rest of the guys just seemed to be either tuning in or just talking amongst themselves.

 

“Home.” LiYin replied.

 

“How about you go eat dinner with us?” Jaejoong asked. This time, he was looking directly at me. I was about to say no when someone else did my job.

 

“Whoa! Hold up. I thought this was supposed to be a guy’s night!” Junsu suddenly interrupted with a concerned look on his face.

 

“Great! You guys go have your guy’s night and we’ll go home. Good-bye. Hope to never see you again.” LiYin gave Jonghyun a fake smile before grabbing my arm and heading away to LiYin’s car.

 

“Hey! Wait!” We heard Jonghyun’s voice calling us back, but LiYin walked even faster, trying to get away before he could catch us. The last thing we heard before the entrance door shut was Jonghyun shouting at Junsu for wrecking everything.

 

“That was close…” LiYin panted once we were in her car. She started her engine after we got our seatbelts buckled. There was a smile on her face. Of course there was. She was able to get away from her admirer.

 

“Yeah…” I agreed.

 

“What was up with you and Jaejoong?” She suddenly asked me.

 

“What about me and Jaejoong?” I tried to play it cool. I knew exactly what she was talking about.

 

“He was covering your eyes.” She said.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe he didn’t want me to get scared? Actually, I’m glad he did that. I didn’t want to cause noise. I know for sure I’ll scream if I see something pop-up and that was exactly what happened. You know I don’t like being loud in public.” I replied.

 

“Yeah, but that was a theatre and you were watching a horror flick. It’s perfectly normal to be screaming.” LiYin pointed out.

 

“I don’t want to lose my composure. You know when I screamed earlier? It was REALLY loud. I didn’t want the same thing to happen again.” I remembered how embarrassed I was.

 

“It’s okay.” LiYin laughed at my silliness.

 

“It’s totally not. You should buy me ice cream because I made a fool out of myself because you dragged me to watch that stupid movie with you.” I pouted.

 

“Fine, fine. But I get to decide what and where to eat dinner.” She said.

 

“Call.” I smiled, happy to be getting ice cream.

 

 

SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!